• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Douglas 221

Our guild has never been involved in GvG and we are very social. We talk, get to know each other, make times to get together. I don’t think you need GvG for that to happen in a well run guild. We also have a discord channel to share fun stuff, pics, and game info.
I agree people can still have a social aspect in the game and share things in Discord with out GvG. What the original comment was trying to stress is GvG recalc happens daily at the same time. People who do play GvG often coordinate at that time and after fighting will spend hours talking and being social on voice or typing. It is the common time of day which people miss out with out GvG. GE is an individual component, GBG is very fluid based on when the timers reset and a sector opens. People can not spend all day, everyday waiting in Discord for others to show up to chat on voice while the GbG sectors are open. I believe the single biggest part of GvG which people like, who actually play frequently, is the designated time to meet. We lost that designated time to join up to play and chat at the same time.
No offense, but your use of Discord is much different than those who use discord for GvG.

Douglas 221

My initial reaction to the shutdown of GvG is that I will no longer be playing this game. However, since nothing has been explained about Guild Raids, I am willing to wait to at least find out if they will be worth staying for.

I don't want Raids to be like GBG. What I liked about GvG was that those of us who played it, did it for the fun. There were no personal rewards. GBG only benefits the greedy and the no lifers. Those of us with lives outside the game, and the newer players who tend to have to fight more slowly can only hope to get low attrition fights. Less fights means less chance of rewards. I feel like Raids shouldn't have personal rewards, perhaps just something for the entire guild. People who didn't contribute at all can be kicked to make it fair, but the greedy and no lifers should not get all the rewards at the expense of the rest of the members.
Another thing I don't like is the transfer of provinces in GBG. All you can do is sit there and watch it get taken (at whatever speed another guild decides to do it) and there is nothing that can be done about it, except take it back again later. That's just boring. At least in GvG, we could defend a sector from being taken, snatch one out from under the noses of another guild, release it either for goods or strategic purposes, and several other things.

What I would like to see for these Raids is something very similar to GVG, only perhaps at more hours of the day (although it is fun in fighting at off hours leaving the enemy a surprise when they log on before reset.) There should be no way to block landing zones, but strategic positioning of territory should be allowed, similar to some of the mountain ranges on the GvG map that allow for chokepoints and make territory easier to defend. A small guild with determined players should be able to hold their own against a bigger and less organised guild. Most of my favourite fights in GvG were when I went solo against some of the top guilds and got to watch them scramble around in a panic because they weren't organised enough to fight on multiple maps at once, and they forgot about the lower age maps. Raids should have a different map for each age like GVG does as well.

I would also like to see something that allows for proper alliances and enemies. That's a lot of the fun in GvG. Alliances in GBG just feel boring and somewhat pointless.

Basically, I just want something that makes me happy to log on and lets me actually enjoy myself, with strategy and tactics, and a bit of psychological warfare.
"
What I would like to see for these Raids is something very similar to GVG, only perhaps at more hours of the day (although it is fun in fighting at off hours leaving the enemy a surprise when they log on before reset.) There should be no way to block landing zones, but strategic positioning of territory should be allowed, similar to some of the mountain ranges on the GvG map that allow for chokepoints and make territory easier to defend. A small guild with determined players should be able to hold their own against a bigger and less organised guild. Most of my favourite fights in GvG were when I went solo against some of the top guilds and got to watch them scramble around in a panic because they weren't organised enough to fight on multiple maps at once, and they forgot about the lower age maps. Raids should have a different map for each age like GVG does as well."
I would love to Highlight in this comment for OTHERS to understand. The ability to defend a sector while others take another sector is an aspect GBG does not have. There is no slowing down the other guild from taking your sector so you can obtain the next sector in GBG. The best one can do is have a Battleground leader build a trap and hope it helps. In GvG, for those who have never played, a guild can defend their sector by eliminating the siege placed. That costs the other guild goods/medals and troops to place the siege again. You can add additional troops to the sector when it is not sieged to take it longer for the other guild to take. This makes it a much better one on one fighting which people enjoy.

Angry.Blanket

Like I said, not any different from GvG where guild leader decide where they want to spend their goods and handle everything while everyone else just dumps their units on whatever sectors for a half hour and are done for the day.

There's not a lot of meaningful difference between GvG and GbG except for the GvG junkies who don't like GbG and who don't want to adapt.
Thats not how we do GvG.

xivarmy

"
What I would like to see for these Raids is something very similar to GVG, only perhaps at more hours of the day (although it is fun in fighting at off hours leaving the enemy a surprise when they log on before reset.) There should be no way to block landing zones, but strategic positioning of territory should be allowed, similar to some of the mountain ranges on the GvG map that allow for chokepoints and make territory easier to defend. A small guild with determined players should be able to hold their own against a bigger and less organised guild. Most of my favourite fights in GvG were when I went solo against some of the top guilds and got to watch them scramble around in a panic because they weren't organised enough to fight on multiple maps at once, and they forgot about the lower age maps. Raids should have a different map for each age like GVG does as well."
I would love to Highlight in this comment for OTHERS to understand. The ability to defend a sector while others take another sector is an aspect GBG does not have. There is no slowing down the other guild from taking your sector so you can obtain the next sector in GBG. The best one can do is have a Battleground leader build a trap and hope it helps. In GvG, for those who have never played, a guild can defend their sector by eliminating the siege placed. That costs the other guild goods/medals and troops to place the siege again. You can add additional troops to the sector when it is not sieged to take it longer for the other guild to take. This makes it a much better one on one fighting which people enjoy.
It seems unlikely that raids are going to be remotely similar to GvG. They appear to be a group-quest type feature from the strings we have in spoiler on beta.

GBG is more of the GvG replacement, where raids look like they'll be something more social than strategic.

Be Chuille

It seems unlikely that raids are going to be remotely similar to GvG. They appear to be a group-quest type feature from the strings we have in spoiler on beta.

GBG is more of the GvG replacement, where raids look like they'll be something more social than strategic.
Does that mean it will be more like GE, but with quests instead of fights? But a group effort instead of individual? A whole bunch of daily quests on one screen? I hope not!

The Lady Redneck

OK I am pretty sure that everyone was aware this day would come. But the announcement does not ease the sadness for those who have played GvG since its initial launch. Most long time players (whether they play GvG or not) have watched the game go down hill since Anwar Dalati died. But that accelerated big time when the game changed hands 2 - 3 years back. Many people say it was because of the programming fault and problems inherant in GvG. But that makes me laugh. The new GBG was supposed to herald a new problem free war game format that would be available across all platforms. But it has been plagued with more mistakes and problems than GvG ever had that allows for lagging, cheating and manipulation. And the company does not even have any staff capable of sorting those. You never know......Maybe the new wonder that "Guild Raids" will be will be the thing that allows them to dump GBG. (Although the new Guild Championships look to be a lot better than the old GBG downward spiral into meaningless boredom). It is too early yet to say just how flawed this new version will in fact be. But major flaws it will have, as from taking a wider look at the game (general play, Events, Add ons etc.) It is obvious that who, or whatever the company is now employing to develop the game, they are NOT gamers as such and have no concept of what constitutes gaming is about. Unless you consider playing cheap candy crush bolt ons to be gaming

I do admit to being curious enough about the new "Guild Raids" to stick around. But my hope for it to be anything worth while is very low.

As for GvG, I feel bad for all those thousands of players who have never had the chance to learn how much sheer fun it could be to be in a guild where the Founders and Leaders had the experience to teach and encourage everyone to get the most out of it. As for GvG only taking 15 minutes or so at recalc. The guild I am in counts itself short changed if we finish GvG in under an hour. And still puts other guild activites on hold to allow all who want to fight in GvG to do so without interuption. We rock at GBG as well BTW. And it turns into really crazy fun when we have to hop from GvG to GBG then back again LOL. For now I will stay until they do pull the plug and enjoy what could be the last fun left in the game If Guild Raids turns out to be a whitewash.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Does that mean it will be more like GE? But a group effort instead of individual? I hope not!
No, not really like GE either. You might *wish* it was like GE :p

From the text we have:
- there'll be different node types and a threshold to clear it. the types of nodes mentioned in spoilers so far are "choice node" "fight node" and "donation node"
- there'll be different paths so you can choose one more suited to your guild's strengths maybe?
- there'll be action points limiting how much 1 person can do (and probably diamonds to be spent to add more...)

This seems like it's the evolution of the "Perks" feature that was briefly on beta.

GypsyWoman

I believe that having individual rewards in Guild Raids will attract more people. I am hoping it is an optional feature as was GvG so that guilds can choose to participate or decline participation. I can see a problem with having set times since members of a guild can be not only from different time zones, but from different continents. It would also seem wise for Inno to greatly restrict the amount of goods and/or diamonds that are needed for success since many people are dissatisfied with the cost of GBG participation. All in all, I am hoping that it is similar enough to GvG to satisfy the players who loved that part of the game.

Be Chuille

No, not really like GE either. You might *wish* it was like GE :p

From the text we have:
- there'll be different node types and a threshold to clear it. the types of nodes mentioned in spoilers so far are "choice node" "fight node" and "donation node"
- there'll be different paths so you can choose one more suited to your guild's strengths maybe?
- there'll be action points limiting how much 1 person can do (and probably diamonds to be spent to add more...)

This seems like it's the evolution of the "Perks" feature that was briefly on beta.
That does not sound like it is fighting against other guilds.

Douglas 221

Unfortunately the time only works if everyone is in the same time zone which probably contributes to the lower participation in GvG. For retired people it shouldn't make a difference so they would be able to play no matter what the time day it falls.
Actually it does not matter what time zone the player is located. We meet up on Server time. Recalculation happens daily at 8pm server time. Just like Reset happens nightly at midnight server time in GbG. The time zone of a player really has no effect on the vast majority of people who participate in GvG. We have people in Australia in our guild who log on, which for them is about 10am, to play. We have people in Europe which is 2am. We have people in the west coast which ends up being around 5pm. People rearrange their time to be there for it. People have listed reasons why they no longer play GvG. The use of scripts to cheat, the large number of bugs popping up, the frozen maps, the game reloading in the middle of a battle, and it only being available on PC. Those are legitimate excuses as to why people have given up on GvG.
What we hope the new feature will include are some of the things which make GvG exciting.
1. Common times to participate not a floating time like GbG.
2. Different maps to use different age of troops.
3. A way to defend your sector while you are trying to advance.
4. An aspect which includes some strategy. (GbG does have some basics in coordinating swaps)
5. No constant rewards popping up in the middle of a battle which causes delay and frustration. (GbG rewards are nice but not while fighting)
6. Something that does not suck all your time in participating. Most night my guild can do many fights against other guilds and be done in 15-20 mins.
7. We dont have to worry about Attrition. Instead, we have a need for buildings like the Observatory which builds up Support Pool. So the fighting is more difficult next to ones HQ. You only get ONE HQ move every 24 hours so you must have some strategy. It also becomes a defensive move as well. GbG does not have that type of strategy with the various buildings. Sure, one can build a trap and spend diamonds but there is really not much stategy or direct defensive fighting. If one guild is faster or more members you can slow them down in GvG but GBG you just watch them. You can take a sector from someone else next to the one they are taking to block them.
8. No spending of diamonds other than to heal troops.
9. Having a true Free to Play aspect of the game instead of pay to win.
I really doubt if Inno will take note from members who actually play as to what they like or dislike and actually taylor any new feature to continue what the hard core GvG players actually like about it. GbG was created to provide an alternative for Mobile users to play and try to please some of the GvG people who got tired. I can tell you those who show up nightly and want to fight... put off GBG until after GvG is completed. And in the worlds I play, it is the same with all of the dedicated GvG players.
--We have GBG for the players whoare not interested in GvG. If Inno is removing GvG... they should be listening most to those who actually are losing something from the game. And I sure would reintroduce buildings like Observatory and Deal Castle which provide support pool so they continue to be useful with the new feature.

Douglas 221

I have about 1-3 accounts on my friends list turn red per week now quitting the game...
I do as well but in most cases it is lack of time due to RL events -or- health reasons. I have lost a few friends due to illness. There are far more people who have Cancer or other health related illness who play to consume their healting time. They are older (50+) and just enjoy being social with people in a game.