• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pegasus Not Compensated?

Wighty4466

Did anyone notice that the rationale used for adding an army boost to replace the loss of the OBS' support pool was not applied to the Pegasus? It also had a Support pool contribution but when when GvG shutdown nothing was provided to compensate for its loss.

xivarmy

Pegasus, St Basil, and Deal Castle already had army boost that was their primary benefit that support pool just rode the tails of.

Observatory only had pure support pool, but now has a bonus for your defending army instead - that lines up with st basil and deal castle in progression.

WillyTwoShoes

Pegasus, St Basil, and Deal Castle already had army boost that was their primary benefit that support pool just rode the tails of.

Observatory only had pure support pool, but now has a bonus for your defending army instead - that lines up with st basil and deal castle in progression.
Please to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the primary reason many players choose to put up an Observatory was the Treasury Goods. The Support Pool bonus was of course a big reason for the GvG enthusiasts but as there wasn't that many GvG players and a lot of non-GvG players have Observatories - I would venture to say that its primary utility for most players was the Treasury Goods.

At any rate this may be the incentive that many players need to give GE5 another look...

xivarmy

Please to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the primary reason many players choose to put up an Observatory was the Treasury Goods. The Support Pool bonus was of course a big reason for the GvG enthusiasts but as there wasn't that many GvG players and a lot of non-GvG players have Observatories - I would venture to say that its primary utility for most players was the Treasury Goods.

At any rate this may be the incentive that many players need to give GE5 another look...
I meant as its second boost of course.

Pegasus, Deal, St Basil had a collection bonus and fierce resistance (which comes with some support pool).
Observatory had goods and support pool (at much higher values than deal/st basil but no fierce resistance). support pool just got replaced with fierce resistance.

Wighty4466

I agree that it's good that INNO replaced the OBS’ Support Pool with defensive boosts.

Yet, my thought is that every GB INNO creates for the game offers various types of player rewards / benefits – coins, boosts, and FPs (among many others); and the Support Pool was as much a reward as any other.

It is reasonable to believe that each reward a GB provides has an associated worth that INNO expressed in the amount a player must spend (FPs, supplies, etc.) to construct and then level the GB.

As such, even though the one of the Pegasus’ rewards is defensive army boosts, the support pool was as much a reward to certain aspects of the game. It would then seem that removing a reward item (that factored into the overall coast of the GB) should warrant some form of compensation.

Disgruntled Veteran

GE5 is much easier than most players realize. If you have decent military stats I suggest trying to play through without building anything. There’s no reason to throw away perfectly good… goods.

Johnny B. Goode

Let's get real. Support Pool has been irrelevant for almost a decade, even more so the last few years. Once the cap was taken off GBs, the Traz/Rogue Hideout combo kicked in and special/event buildings got serious about adding military boosts, the piddling GvG defense boost from Support Pool became less than useless. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has gotten the OBS for the Support Pool for years. Once upon a time, the OBS was prized for the Treasury goods alone, but with the Arc that became almost irrelevant also. Now that Treasury goods are needed more than ever for GBG/GE, and the OBS has had Support Pool replaced with Fierce Resistance, which is at least relevant to two features (GE5 and PVP Arena, with GBG possibly joining in the defense boost party at some point), the OBS becomes much more attractive, especially with its small footprint. Finally at least one change for the good in the game.

Disgruntled Veteran

The original OBS' boost is gone because what it boosted is gone. A different boost was added that wasn't there before. Sounds like compensation to me.

The post your replying to was suggesting adequate compensation for the GBs that did not receive a replacement for support pool.

Johnny B. Goode

The post your replying to was suggesting adequate compensation for the GBs that did not receive a replacement for support pool.
Yeah, but since Support Pool has been irrelevant for years, why compensate other GBs? OBS is the only one where Support Pool was one of only two benefits. The other GBs have two benefits other than Support Pool, so they're virtually unaffected by Support Pool going bye-bye. OBS needed a second benefit in order to be at all relevant and worthwhile.

Disgruntled Veteran

Yeah, but since Support Pool has been irrelevant for years, why compensate other GBs? OBS is the only one where Support Pool was one of only two benefits. The other GBs have two benefits other than Support Pool, so they're virtually unaffected by Support Pool going bye-bye. OBS needed a second benefit in order to be at all relevant and worthwhile.

I’m not against what you’re saying, just clarifying the other person’s post.

Johnny B. Goode

I’m not against what you’re saying, just clarifying the other person’s post.
I'm pretty sure we all understood what he was asking for right from the start. Since your restatement of that seemed to imply an endorsement of that idea, I explained why it was appropriate for the OBS but not at all necessary for other GBs that had Support Pool as a third benefit.