• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge of Empires Forum

Johnny B. Goode
Johnny B. Goode
Yeah, it's a widespread heat wave going on. One of the hottest spells we've had in KC in a few years.
Snek
Snek
40°?! No way! The hottest summer I've seen in Canada was only 37°, and that wasn't recent. Sorry about the heatwave, stay safe.
KingJMobile
KingJMobile
It was a temporary fierce heatwave from Monday and Tuesday in Europe. Thanks to the laws of convection, it was around 27º in the living room downstairs, so I managed to sleep all right.

There were a few fires down in the south, but fortunately, I was miles away. It's safe now: temperatures are now at the usual English 25º. Climate Change these days...
Legion57
Legion57
No air conditioner?
KingJMobile
KingJMobile
Nope, not in standard UK households anyway. You get some in restaurants and supermarkets but as the UK is generally adapted to a cold climate around the year, it generally isn’t worth investing into air conditioning. There’s only around 6 to 10 days of extreme heat every year. In the summer, I can still live comfortably without air conditioning.
UP ONLINE
UP ONLINE
It beets working in a warehouse And just using crapy fans at 115+ lol it's an Oven and you working hard feels like 130
SomePlayer5000
40 degress celsius? I think the highest for Southwest ontario this summer was like 33 or something more/less. And its like further south of the UK. UK is like as north as Quebec.
KingJMobile
KingJMobile
Yep it’s a new record in the UK. Like I said, just a fierce temporary heatwave. But now it’s a good ol summer sunshine.
SomePlayer5000
Kinda weird how you mention climate change, King J mobile. Winters gonna be brutal this year.
SomePlayer5000
They said Canadas experience a lot of brutal snowfall for January and February
PJS299
PJS299
I'm late, but without air conditioning I would be dead. In ATL, Georgia (USA), it gets around 98f (36.6c) and stays there throughout July and August. Then September gets 80-90f (26-32c). The only nice month is June, though it is supposed to get up to 95f(35c) on Thursday.
PJS299
PJS299
I run a lot, so it always feels nice to come home after 105f(40.5c) and 70% humidity and get under the air conditioner. It seems weird that y'all over there in the UK don't have AC...