• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Community Rejected Army Management window improvements (show healing/training time left)

Pericles the Lion

Have is not build and build is not have. It is perfectly logical to see "Due to performance reasons, not more than 20 copies of an unattached unit are displayed at a time" as meaning there "are 20 copies of X unit." No ifs, ands, or "builds." <grumble, grumble>
To be more precise, to "have" you must first build. I will agree that this game has many nuances making for a rather steep learning curve. However, the difference between "have" and "build" is something that I learned during my very first Event (along with many other hacks for completing various quests).

Btw, the pop-up where you see the "Due to performance reasons......" dialogue box also displays the complete inventory of the unattached units of the type being reviewed. I don't see why there would be any confusion over the number of unattached units that make up your army. It's in plain sight.

Last edited:

Xenosaur

Yes, each townhall has 5 "goodies". Prestige Bonus? Yawn. Support Pool (bigger Yawn - we don't play GvG), FP is fine benefit, although diminished in value compared to 5 years ago when it was more important. Building rebate (Yawn - especially in a mature game - we don't build like that anymore).

The one that shines MOST importantly these days is the Recruitment BOOST (aka warrior healing time reduction %.)

I wish Inno allowed guild founders to design their own townhall features, on top of Inno's base set - in a customized way. Similarly conceptualized to what each player can do to shape their own game via earned emissaries. Each guild could customize itself based on their objectives from earned modules in game events

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

This is the absolute first time that any one single player of this game has ever explained that the 20 shown units are of each "type" of unit. (20 whole, 20 1-damage, etc., etc.) The first time. Now that I see the explanation, it demystifies a lot of what I've seen but not ever understood before about the whole/damaged units and how they are displayed on my army management screen.

I emphasize: the absolute first time.

When you couple what I've seen with what I've been told by umpteen players, it's no surprise at all that I've misunderstood what is actually 'real.' Gobsmacked. Absolutely gobsmacked.

How many other players do not understand such a simple mechanic?? It boggles my mind.

No, it's not clear from the text in the army management screen. Coupled with the images that are created (the tics), it's even less clear. Sorry, but it's not the first time -- and I daresay it won't be the last -- that we have to play Riddlemeister with the folks at Inno who seem to be in love with the "mystique" of the English Language. Don't flog me for saying that! After years of such things as quest requirements phrased "have X cultural buildings from your own era" v "build X cultural buildings from your own era," it's no surprise to me at all that we've learned to dissect all game prompts with a similar scalpel. Consequently, we've been trained like the proverbial Pavlov's doggies to take everything .... literally. Have is not build and build is not have. It is perfectly logical to see "Due to performance reasons, not more than 20 copies of an unattached unit are displayed at a time" as meaning there "are 20 copies of X unit." No ifs, ands, or "builds." <grumble, grumble>
I agree with most of what you're saying here. I think the biggest problem is players who tell other players info that they really don't actually know. Telling other players that unattached units don't heal over time when they actually do is just one example. That is why I keep returning to the Forum. With all of its faults, it is still the best source for game info when the official Wiki or in-game text falls short. I admit that I did not know about the 20/20/20/etc display of units with various degrees of damage, although I will also say that for most, if not all, of my game playing time such info would have been meaningless.

Now as far as the amount of info that is not explicitly spelled out in FoE, I must say that of all the games I have tried online, this is the best documented one by far. I have tried many where you are left absolutely clueless about basic, necessary game elements. That's a main part of the reason I stick around here. There's really nothing better that I have found.