• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Community Rejected Idea: Add a negotiation quest for lower age players.

Hadriani

• IDEA:
  • Add a negotiation quest for lower age players.
  • WHAT IT DOES:
  • Currently, there is no way for players in eras below Spage Age eras to gain negotiation points in the castle unless the Battlegrounds or Guild Expeditions are active. I request that Inno add a quest that requires negotiations be added as so players can advance their castles when GBG and GE are inactive
  • WHY IS THIS IDEA NECESSARY
  • It would allow players in eras lower than Spage Age to complete 15 daily negotiations to advance their castle to the next level
  • HOW IT WORKS:
  • The idea would work by having Inno either add a button to the castle that allows you to complete a negotiation or adding a negotiation quest to the current list of recurring quests.
  • CAN IT BE ABUSED?
  • This idea could not be abused.

Emberguard

Currently, there is no way for players in eras below Spage Age eras to gain negotiation points in the castle unless the Battlegrounds or Guild Expeditions are active.
Correction, Daily Challenges has the possibility to have a negotiation in it

The idea would work by having Inno either add a button to the castle that allows you to complete a negotiation
A negotiation in exchange for castle points (no other prize I’m assuming?) certainly wouldn’t be abusable if it’s limited to the amount of negotiations that get Castle Points, whether or not players would use it who knows. Should be simple enough to implement though

PJS299

Castle points are not really to important, they really just add some bonuses, but I would like to see this implemented As of now, it takes a very long time to get your castle to the next level.

Ironrooster

Actually, negotiations are available every day. The only gap that occurs is between the end of a GBG season in the early Monday hours and the GE that starts Tuesday morning. So you negotiate in GBG early Monday morning and GE starting Tuesday after 8 am - that way you don't miss a day.

Even if you don't want to stay up late Sunday night until just after midnight Monday morning, you only lose 1 day every 2 weeks.

Since you can currently do your 15 negotiations every day now, I don't see where this necessary.

I don't see the point. Lower Age players may waste goods on this. Presently, there is no specific fighting that increases Castle points, either. Would that be needed as well? Nay to this idea.
Ironrooster points out that even on Mondays after a BGs Season ends, it is still possible to do negotiations without missing the existing Diplomatic Rewards for the Space Carrier, as I am sure many of us have figured out already.

I don't see the point. Lower Age players may waste goods on this. Presently, there is no specific fighting that increases Castle points, either. Would that be needed as well? Nay to this idea.
Ironrooster points out that even on Mondays after a BGs Season ends, it is still possible to do negotiations without missing the existing Diplomatic Rewards for the Space Carrier, as I am sure many of us have figured out already.
You might see it as a waste of goods, but lower age players would see this as giving them the same opportunity as space age players for advancing the castle. There's no real downside to this. Add it as a recurring quest with a random reward and you're good to go.

Graviton

I don't know why lower age players should expect to advance any part of the game at the same pace higher age players do. As has been mentioned, lower age players frequently have goods shortages just playing the regular game, nevermind levelling up the castle. Given the rewards for levelling the castle versus the addition of yet another goods sink, I don't think the benefit would outweigh the cost.

Geoni

I vote ag
The idea would work by having Inno either add a button to the castle that allows you to complete a negotiation or adding a negotiation quest to the current list of recurring quests.
I vote Nay to adding negotiations to the Castle.
I vote Aye to adding a recurring quest per age (so anyone who wants to do them can do as many as they want each day once they advance enough in that age to get to the recurrings). Not sure if that could be abused however...

So: Nay

Just An Observer

For me it would be better to use the 15 Negs for Castle points on a recurring quest than in GBG, where most of the time it is Fighting that gets the job done. I voted Yes.