Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How do you get blueprints for great buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by gimccla View Post
    <br>
    <br>
    If you had saved the forge points from Frosty, you would have been guaranteed first place in any building at no cost. Frosty has given out a total of 25 forge points. The most FP required for any building is 50, thereby assuring you a piece of the blueprint for that building. I know enthusiasm can cloud judgement, but is there really an advantage in Great Buildings? Agreed once you have the levels maxed out, they produce with no additional cost. But if you add up all the goods required for the GB, you would have enough, or almost enough, goods to complete the game. While the defense boost is good, it is still possible to conquer enhanced armies. Four of the mixed colonial provinces, including some enhanced, were taken with LMA troops. The goal of the game is to get your empire to the end of the ages, whatever that might end up being. Wasting resources will only slow down that progression. With a grand total of 3 pieces found or quested, I think I will wait it out.
    Well in my neighborhood the donated forge points are 25+ for the players who are getting BP's so I agree with mystic I dont care if I get them or not even though I still like my idea to trade them cause I have 3 doubles and I only like Lighthouse anyway so far

Four consecutive days of 150+ visits/plunders per day....no drops.

Not impressed at all with how this is shifting the balance of power to the diamond buyers. This also creates another shift in power. The players that have completed CA research can now spend 24+ FPs per day, virtually locking up donation drops. Everyone else now has to choose between continuing to level up their cities or improve somebody else.

I know some are going to disagree, and that's fine, but the devs might have launched this one a bit too fast w/out considering the impact it's going to have on those that can't afford to dump a lot of money into diamonds...

Cotter
    Worlds
    None Listed
    I never got one from frosty or did I. I don't remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril View Post
    Four consecutive days of 150+ visits/plunders per day....no drops.

Not impressed at all with how this is shifting the balance of power to the diamond buyers. This also creates another shift in power. The players that have completed CA research can now spend 24+ FPs per day, virtually locking up donation drops. Everyone else now has to choose between continuing to level up their cities or improve somebody else.

I know some are going to disagree, and that's fine, but the devs might have launched this one a bit too fast w/out considering the impact it's going to have on those that can't afford to dump a lot of money into diamonds...
    maybe they are in need of more development money.

Serf
    Worlds
    Cir
    Because of the duplicate blueprints we get, the odds of actually completing a GB are really bad, and will take a really long time.
    It seems to be completely random which ones we get, even when buying them via forge point donations.

Just imagine if you have 8 out of 9 blue prints for a GB you want to build.
    Each next blue print you acquire for that building, will have a 1 out of 9 chance of giving you the one you want.
    That would take a few days if you're lucky, and several weeks if not.

Unless BP trading is eventually allowed, we all need to just accept the fact that GB's are Diamond only buildings,
    and acquired pieces just help lower the $$$ cost of each building.

Craftsman
    Worlds
    None Listed
    Every time I contribute FP to the Great Buildings to try and get a reward I am outbid by the same names who must be purchasing diamonds like there is no tomorrow (Mayan preppies perhaps), Is there a restriction on the number of GB's you can contribute FP's to will give us ordinary folk a chance to get a reward with normal gameplay?

Conceptually speaking, the GB's have great potential. Thank goodness the game is still in Beta and this will (hopefully) be corrected. The weak drop rates, the ease that diamond buyers have of completing multiple buildings before non-buyers can find enough to complete one, and the amount a research-completed CA player can spend FP's, has suddenly created the largest gap between players and payers since the game started.
    It's like using WW I fighters to shoot down jet fighters, or more commonly, bringing a knife to a gunfight.
    At this point, the only thing I can see as an immediate fix is to raise the diamond price for a BP to 500 per, possibly putting a daily limit on how many FP's a single player can spend, or capping how many FP's can be spent on a single GB in a 24 hour period.

Worlds
    Arv, Bri, Cir
    Well the GB enthusiasm is wearing off (or people have levied up their cost of forge points to too high of a level). They tempered us who have completed the game with GBs. What's next.

Worlds
    None Listed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril View Post
    Thought I'd wait until I had more than a few days of working for blueprints before I posted this.
    At this stage, I'm averaging, between plunders and motivating/polishing, about 150 visits per day. The blueprints are dropping about 1 every third day, or 450:1 drop rate...or 1 every 3rd day.
    That's ridiculous.
    Considering there's 12 possible GB's, at 9 bp's per, if you ignore the chance of getting two of the same blueprints, at the very best it would take a minimum of 27 days to get the blueprints for one building. That's only possible if you got blueprints for the same building on each drop and no multiples...like that's going to happen.
    Although the idea of the GB's is a good one, I'm glad this is in Beta. The way this has been set up, the developers have tilted the game very heavily in the favor of diamond-buyers. Regular players have virtually no chance to compete to gain these buildings at the rate the diamonds can. Until now, the diamonds haven't been the deciding factor in the balance of power, but this changes the scales.
    Either the cost to purchase blueprints with diamonds needs to significantly increase or the way the drop rates are calculated needs to be better thought out or you're going to begin losing players that can't compete with the spending. At the rate I'm experiencing, the chances of gaining ground is almost impossible. By the time I have one built, a paying player will have 3 or 4. With the jump they'll have on upgrading the GB's, the ability to compete in battles, gold, resources, and medals will be almost non-existent.
    Hate to say it, but this could be a deal-breaker for me. As long as a game remains competitive between regular players and diamond players, there's fairness. When the game overly rewards paying members by putting them on a completely different playing field, it's like driving a go-cart at a Formula One race...you don't have a prayer.
    Devs...good idea on the GB's, but you gotta rethink this one some...it won't fly.
    I couldn't agree more. Up until now there was only a moderate amount of advantage to a player that wanted to spend 100's of dollars or Euro's on the game. They could advance quicker and had better buildings but it was only a moderate advantage.

However, the GB's are different matter entirely. They are way too important in the game play, and they can only be developed buy spending diamonds. There is no realistic way to build them by waiting for drops. This is going too put the game entirely in the hands of those who will spend a lot a money on the game. I can't conceive of new players sticking around for very long.

You should never have allowed the blueprints to finish a GB to be purchased. You have totally unbalanced the game to kids with credit cards.

Craftsman
    Worlds
    None Listed
    without the ability to trade these "duplicate" blueprints, the ability to purchase plueprints should not be allowed. or, at least, sometype of in-game (expensive) purchasing/spying system should be implemented for the non-diamond players. (personally, I think the "duplicates" are a glitch). The dev's should work the blueprints into the regular quest lines.
    after a month of this, I have 10 blueprints (no duplicates) but they're for 5 different buildings. I have polished/plundered about 150 per day, and won a few from donating FP to neighbors GB's, and have spent no diamonds. I figure at this rate it will take another 3 months to get a building.
    The only way to speed up the drop rate now, is to donate. You get a blueprint of the building you donate to, but only if you "place" high enough.
    In my neighborhood the 1st week, one person got 4 GB's (that's a lot of real $$). Everyone contributed FP, to try and win something. This week, there was 3 other players and one Guildmate that got one, so now there is a lot of variaty where I want to donate my extra FPs, and very few people are helping the high-lvl buildings of that first player now. On the plus side, it's nice that my stingy neighbors are finally polishing stuff......
    My point is: It may be that the more people who have GB's the more balanced the game will be (for the non-diamond players), BUT right now, it's still not balanced enough.

Still waiting for the devs to step in and speak on this. Although the GBs are a cool feature to the game, the way it's been implemented was a bit too much "ready, fire, aim" . The general feel on the game forum isn't overly thrilled about the diamond costs versus the drop rates...and the guild chat is even worse.
    Awful silent on the Innogame front offices right now...especially with multiple threads in the forum turning this into a major focal point.