Thread: polish or motivate that is the question

polish or motivate that is the question

which do u think is better to help advance your city? i think over all polishes give a much bigger reward.they help your over all city where motivation only helps 1 building 1 time. would like to here pros cons ty

Worlds
    Bri, Dun
    Generally speaking, you're right.

But...
    As I have my happiness at 120% by default, it won't help me if people come barging in, brandishing brushes and soap. I rather have my supply-buildings motivated.
    A lot of people have their particular wishes written in their profile.

Another thing to consider is: People P/M-ing will look for the age of the GB they're after, as the BP to be dropped(if that happens) is tied to the Era of the Polished/Motivated building.
    And as there are no Stone Age GBs, you'll find buildings of that era will recieve very little loving.

To illustrate:
    I prefer to Polish/Motivate in my neighbourhood, but if only StoneAge stuff is (left) available I'll break out the pointy-sticks on the off-chance of plundering something useful.
    Last edited by Megamieuwsel; 01-08-2013 at 09:37 PM.
    <--Crappy sig-->

i agree but if u r trying to save space for more troops or commidites then u will gain more by being in a large guild and getting polished over motivation.as far as pvp plundering is a whole different matter it changes the game.only thing u must win

Craftsman
    Worlds
    Arv, Bri, Cir, Dun, Beta
    Aok,

It's just a matter of preference mainly. I have always come with a 120% happiness default because I was able to plan ahead, so only motivation is needed as a priority for me. There are many cities at are at a self-sufficient 120% happiness so hardly any polishing is needed. I am ready to make some modifications to my city very soon. For now, I am just kicking ass, plundering, and advancing.

i agree with the motivte side but i think pre middle ages polishing helps alot more if u r in a good guild that keeps u polished u can save space and resources.

Until you reach somewhere into CA, being self-sufficient at 120% will allow your growth of resources and gold to be much faster. If everything is constantly producing at 120%, having guildmates and neighbors motivate you and doubling the output at 120% makes a huge difference. It just takes some careful planning and not allowing older buildings to occupy space past their prime...and loading up a city with trees, bushes, and statues is a total waste of space.
    At a certain point, population becomes a higher priority, along w/ the space, and you'll almost have to rely on polishing to maintain the 120%, but you should almost have completed the research tree on CA by that time.