Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Colosseum

Troop The Colosseum

Let me tell you about this proposal, this proposal is about a Colosseum. This could be a build-able building that is about 1 of your best men in your army vs another persons best men on his army. On how to get a best man in the army is by training him different moves and techniques in the same building you built him on. Say for example a warrior could get trained in the warriors barracks, he gets trained for doing moves and techniques in the same building but it will cost some resources.

Rules The moves and techniques can only be used on the Colosseum no where else, the man you train will be a regular soldier in the battlefield but not in the Colosseum. He will need resources in order to be more stronger and more efficient. You could only battle people in your age period.

This is kind of like a process of a great building but you could use this unit in order to win prizes at the Colosseum

This is how the proposal works, tell me what you think about it

Sounds pretty cool. like a gladiator type event. I would like to have something like this. Would it be an automated battle or one you have to command? Everyone is not playing at the same time. That may make it difficult but if its automated you could just enter him into the competition and see how well he does. cool idea.
    Death will come to all those who stand before me!!

I don't like the idea. "Different moves and techniques" is from a different game. In FoE, soldiers know only 2 techniques - move and attack, - and this is enough.

Guildsman
    Worlds
    None Listed
    I agree with Ggryvi (and the rep thing is maxed again...) This is another case of a different game concept intruding on FoE which is really not that appropriate for the game.

Serf
    Worlds
    Cir, Dun
    I have a coloseum, and would love to see something like this, My fav movies are gladiator movies and the coloseum of course is the center peice of them. But if you did that I think you would have to do something with every GB. It would be fun though. It would give you something to do while your waiting on supplies or other things

Forger of Dunarsund
    Worlds
    Arv, Bri, Cir, Dun, Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by the aurelian View Post
    I have a coloseum, and would love to see something like this, My fav movies are gladiator movies and the coloseum of course is the center peice of them. But if you did that I think you would have to do something with every GB. It would be fun though. It would give you something to do while your waiting on supplies or other things
    I like it, in that it shows promise as a "blue sky" idea for future development directions. Far too vague for a concrete, much less minor, proposal. Sounds more like a cool daydream idea.

Considering the quality of the U.S. servers, the amount of additional coding this would entail, and the issues that have been requested and anticipated for a long time, I can't see the benefit of starting a game within a game.
    Let's get what we have right before we start adding something that really doesn't currently fit the existing game mode.

i dont support the original suggestion but i believe the Colosseum could be a little upgraded. i have all bps for this building but refuse to place it down as its a downgrade and not an upgrade to my town if i did. at lvl 10 this HUGE building only outputs a slim 4000 happiness, thats very little for a 6x7 building considering adding 2 4x4s academies or better take less room, take no effort to build or lvl and benefit you more. the only side mod this buildin has is 30ish medals at max lvl witch is also nothing for us CA players.

Burgher
    Worlds
    Arv
    Do remember this is a LOW-AGED building and can be produced at Iron Age....

However, I do support that the building should be buffed a bit. At least to 6k happiness at max level

If thats where this proposal wants to go, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTwist View Post
    Do remember this is a LOW-AGED building and can be produced at Iron Age....

However, I do support that the building should be buffed a bit. At least to 6k happiness at max level

If thats where this proposal wants to go, I'm all for it.
    Yes as hard as it is to get all the BPS for the bldgs,I also toss my hat in the ring for better stats on the Bldg.