Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monastery

Monastery

I recently won a Monastery in a quest. I am not sure what it does nor have I been able to find out any information on the building. I tried to post a picture earlier, but the post was too large, so I will have to try to explain it. There is an icon, which looks like an urn or glass that is mostly full of a white substance. Next to it is the numeral 20. This icon is in the location where the amount of happiness is normally shown. Can anyone tell me just what 20 the monastery gives?

Thank you

Worlds
    Arv, Bri, Cir
    20 Defend bonus to your defending army.
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
    Brisgard

Njuble
    Worlds
    Bri, Cir
    Based on LacLongQuan's post here: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/s...Province/page2
    It looks like that Monastery gives a 20% boost to defense (presumably, as other such boosts solely to defense, only when you are the defender). I have no direct experience with that building myself yet.

updated to add:
    Or the aforementioned poster could just beat me to the punch and describe what it gives himself in a post which he completes before mine, making my post irrelevant...
    Last edited by gwalchmai; 09-30-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: update
    Please friend me on B and C worlds (also as gwalchmai). I motivate/polish daily. C world GBs: Zues, Lighthouse, Aachen, Castel del Monte, Saint Mark's, Hagia Sophia, Deal Castle, Royal Albert Hall, Saint Basil's, Chateau Frontenac, and Alcatraz. B world GBs: Zues, Lighthouse, Babel, Colosseum, Hagia Sophia, Saint Mark's, Aachen, Saint Basil's, and Notre dame.

Thank you for your help.

Is this going to be a permanent quest? Or is this just up for a few weeks/days/etc.. then gone?

Would be nice if only for a certain amount of time. Makes the building that much more special..
    Last edited by LandenLee; 10-03-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Worlds
    Cir
    Quote Originally Posted by LandenLee View Post
    Is this going to be a permanent quest? Or is this just up for a few weeks/days/etc.. then gone?

Would be nice if only for a certain amount of time. Makes the building that much more special..
    It would be permanent. Just like there were bonus IndA provinces that every player will be able to go through, these EMA bonus ones along with the quest would be available to everyone.

“900 years of time and space and I've never met anyone who wasn't important.”

Ahhh.. that sucks..

Monastery is a nice reward, though if there's something to nitpick about it is its size. 3x3 is just too big, 2x2 would have been more appropriate. Then again I'm seriously lacking in building space; others may think different

Cotter
    Worlds
    None Listed
    How do i get the monastery I have been told in the guild about but all they say is barbarian quest line i fought all the guys down the middle but have yet to see any more quests am I missing something I didnt quit any quests so that can't be it , can someone explain to me how to get it ??

It's a bonus, or side plot, quest line, so you can't skip the quests. Just keep doing quests and you'll get it.