Thread: Winter event question

Query Winter event question

So I'm reading the announcement and I have a question. This line:

Each day in December brings a fresh challenge you can complete in exchange for some of our seasonal currency –

Does this mean that there are new quests each day, and If I don't do them I miss out on the stars? Or is it just a poorly phrased reference to the daily prize?

I ask because I'm trying to hold off on doing anything Winter Event related until I get to industrial age (I'm still irked I have an LMA graveyard instead of a Colonial age one.)

Worlds
    Bri, Dun
    It looks like there's a single quest each day; Did the first one, got the prize(s), but didn't get a new quest yet.
    Probably works like those "Advent-Calendars", where you open one space each day to get what's behind...
    From there it would follow that; Yes, if you don't do the quests each day, you'll miss out on the stars.('tWould be nice if, like the calendar-thing, you could save up the quests though...)

And just happened across a "did you know" when logging over, saying "you have 'till the end of the event to finish the quests you get, so yes: you can save 'em up for the last moment.
    Last edited by Megamieuwsel; 12-01-2013 at 01:27 AM.
    <--Crappy sig-->

My question is, why does 'show two' eat up 'double payout'? Shouldn't it show four?

Serf
    Worlds
    None Listed
    I have cities on almost every server and i tried my first round of quests for this event. And I have to say, it doesnt seem like that shuffle gives you a chance to find the item you want. I could have sworn on three of my cities that I had gotten the right location of an item by playing very close attention to the shuffle and yet it wasnt where I saw it land. So My question is if the shuffle is completely random no matter what it shows or if there is a chance to actually seeing where your item lands?

Cotter
    Worlds
    Cir
    so, am i correct in understanding, you get ONLY ONE quest a day? so, today's quest was to make excess happy & have 120 people? so, you only get 1 prize unless you buy stars to get another?

Worlds
    Bri
    How do you win the "Today's Special" item? Do you just have to be lucky enough to get it while buying a gift for 10 stars?

ANSWERED! In one of the loading screens ha ha...

Something to the effect of "There is a new quest available every day, but you have until the end of the event to complete them."

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalloki View Post
    My question is, why does 'show two' eat up 'double payout'? Shouldn't it show four?
    I believe the payout is +3 stars, so the double payout is +6 stars. Still a raw deal....I got the same two presents that you did, a 2X, then a "show two". I would have to buy stars with diamonds now to get anything on the first day. Definitely recommend saving up your stars for a couple days at least.

Worlds
    Bri, Cir, Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mb420 View Post
    How do you win the "Today's Special" item? Do you just have to be lucky enough to get it while buying a gift for 10 stars?
    Yes.

And I'm guessing the devs didn't want to make this too easy, so double payout does not provide 2xshow two.

I have gotten all I wanted so far but then I have figured out along with many others a work around for it :p