• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is Babel a Waste of Space?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15633
  • Start date

DeletedUser9184

we are all in agreement fp are the MOST important resource in the game
houses = coin= fp,
Or
goods = FP

With 30 unrefined goods per day, I just need to sell them at most 7.5 goods per FP and they are doing the work of Shrines taking up the same space :) Babel isn't a great GB, but it's definitely something I wouldn't sell if I already had one.

DeletedUser

Or
goods = FP

With 30 unrefined goods per day, I just need to sell them at most 7.5 goods per FP and they are doing the work of Shrines taking up the same space :) Babel isn't a great GB, but it's definitely something I wouldn't sell if I already had one.

there is no mechanism to trade goods for fp directly tho, meaning there is a finite amount you can theoretically receive also to get those goods requires spending fp meaning the break even point would be well done the road. On top of that aside from PE and FE is there any age right now that anyone would accept as trade for fp? ive tried the old goods for fp thing before and never found it worked for me.

your formula could just as easily read FP= FPx2 as it is possible to do trades that result as such but would certainly not be a guarantee like coin = fp is.

DeletedUser13452

there is no mechanism to trade goods for fp directly tho, meaning there is a finite amount you can theoretically receive also to get those goods requires spending fp meaning the break even point would be well done the road. On top of that aside from PE and FE is there any age right now that anyone would accept as trade for fp? ive tried the old goods for fp thing before and never found it worked for me.

your formula could just as easily read FP= FPx2 as it is possible to do trades that result as such but would certainly not be a guarantee like coin = fp is.
I've found most players will trade their FP for goods of the age they are seeking BPs for. If they want a Dresden, for example, They give FP to my Dresden in exchange for Colonial goods which they will need for building the Dresden.
I don't factor in the overall cost of building things when evaluating the usefulness of it. I simply look at the production per square per pop. In the case of a GB, it doesn't need any pop (some, like the Babel, provide pop). When you consider the cost of building something, the only real cost is time (or real money, of course).

DeletedUser13838

I have a lvl 5 babel which gives 20 PME goods. An FE goods building at full capacity needs 30 PME goods to make 30 FE goods. A typical PME goods building requires at least 24 spaces to make 30 PME goods. That makes a lvl 5 babel (in FE) at least equivalent to a PME goods building (ignoring the 1 lane vs 2 lane road issue). This completely ignores the fact that a PME goods building also requires 30 Industrial goods to make 30 PME goods. So a lvl 5 babel is better. It all depends on how you value your fps. It takes 560 fps to make a lvl 5 babel. At 2 goods per fp it takes 56 days to pay off. So I think the babel is well worth it to level 5. For me to go to lvl 6 requires 270 fps for an additional 2 PME goods per day. That'll take 270 days to pay off so it's not high on my priority list.

Of course if you don't need the space for goods than it's a moot point.

DeletedUser

I don't factor in the overall cost of building things when evaluating the usefulness of it. I simply look at the production per square per pop. In the case of a GB, it doesn't need any pop (some, like the Babel, provide pop). When you consider the cost of building something, the only real cost is time (or real money, of course).
fair enough, I clearly like to maximize my gains overall

DeletedUser

I put up my Babel not too long ago and am wondering if it's a waste of space. I could get far more population from the same space by putting up 4 town houses. It also gives me 7 goods/day at current level--big whoop. I'm stretched for space and would like to put up more military to fight GvG and am thinking about deleting/selling it. Has anyone else not bothered to put it up or deleted it after putting it up? On a related note, if you delete a GB do you still have it in your inventory to build again or do you have to collect the BPs all over again?
Is anything a waist of space if you want it get it try it out don't like it remove it. personally i think 1x1's are the way to go no looting and you dont need roads and best of all no maintenance

DeletedUser29407

First GB I built. Now at lvl 6. Wouldn't think of deleting it. Mostly because I wouldn't know what to do with the space. lol :)

DeletedUser31206

I also like the Babel, it is small so can be moved fairly easy when adding new expansions. It just fits there as long as you can run a road to it. Also, the population is sort of a freebie with the goods being the main advantage. It is especially nice to get those free goods when you are just starting in an age because you can get any of the 5, not just the boosted ones. Agreed on colosseum, dumped that baby rather quickly. The medals were minimal after the first few sets were used for expansions. Besides the deal castle offers many more medals compared to the Colo. The other fairly useless space grabber is the Notre Lame. I wish we could trade those BP's for something. I got 2 full sets with 1 section have 9 pieces.
Love your p
Hah, that got me to check, I have 5 full sets, 51 BPs all together :)
Lucky.

DeletedUser30312

I think it's a decent GB. If you're into producing or trading goods, then you should build it. If you're more into fighting, it becomes a more optional building. Even then, it's still relatively cheap and easy to build, and I'd rather spend the space on it than a goods producing building. I have it in 4 different cities and regret it in none of them. Ranking it relative to the other GBs, it's place it in the middle at least; there are several GBs which are definitely much worse.

DeletedUser29404

I think it's a decent GB. If you're into producing or trading goods, then you should build it. If you're more into fighting, it becomes a more optional building. Even then, it's still relatively cheap and easy to build, and I'd rather spend the space on it than a goods producing building. I have it in 4 different cities and regret it in none of them. Ranking it relative to the other GBs, it's place it in the middle at least; there are several GBs which are definitely much worse.
I concur. ND is a total waste of space, and IMO so is Hagia. Which builds do yoi feel you would put at or near the bottom of any "lists?"

DeletedUser29404

Seed Vault isnt a "realistic" build for quite a lot of players. Only those who can afford it, and have access to the goods. And if I'm mistaken, forgive me, but it does get better as it levels up.

DeletedUser13838

Seed Vault isnt a "realistic" build for quite a lot of players. Only those who can afford it, and have access to the goods. And if I'm mistaken, forgive me, but it does get better as it levels up.
It gets better very slowly (perhaps the slowest of all GBs). It doesn't double its production until after level 20. If you look at goods buildings, ToB doubles from lvl 1 to 7. LoA, RaH and FoD from 1 to 8. Military buildigs double from 1 to 2. FP buildings double from level 1 to 2 or 3, Arc doubles from 1 to 6, CF doubles from 1 to 6.