• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rep?

DeletedUser

Really? That is pretty cool. Wish rep was active for times like this... :p

DeletedUser10

Did you really just say that?
:eek:

The last couple of pages of this very thread have been saying of how rep IS now enabled.
Since you obviously haven't noticed it's the star at the bottom left of each post.

DeletedUser3

Yes, no negative rep, but rep is available. On the bottom left corner you'll see a star, like so:
reputation-40b.png
. Click on that and you can add rep to someone you hatez.

DeletedUser34

I like the idea that we can see who rep'd us. Is it possible to keep that up in the future?

DeletedUser3

The reputation system helps to cut down on spam and one-liner posts, like "QFT" or "Rock on," or "have a wet cookie." Rep, at this point, is setup as I want it. No neg rep, reppers visible to all. It is subject to change, but I like it how it is right now too. It's a more "friendly" rep system than used in other forums but we must consider that without a neg rep option, the outlet may result in neg spam posts. So, nothing set in stone. A dynamic forum, one that adjusts to community needs, is a better approach.

DeletedUser34

I have no problem with -rep actually, what I like about how you have it set up is it cuts down on the -rep that is unknown. By making it public as you have it now, I believe it will also cut down on the abuse of the system that has happened in other games. At least in my limited opinion.

DeletedUser10

I agree, without anonymousity to hide behind, many of the useless neg reppers will probably not act.

DeletedUser

Doy. I saw it i just didn't think that it actually did anything... :blink:my brain hurts after the 21 exams i'e done in the past few weeks :p

DeletedUser34

there you go, insult our admins nub!!!!
They worked hard to get it up and running and you think they simply did all that hard work to put a star on the page....cuz that spot looked a little to empty
*facepalm*

DeletedUser

lol crus, you know me :)

I don't really know how that has to do with rep... Anyway, rep is awesome.

DeletedUser34

Not when no-one is giving it :p
I think the problem right now is that there are so few active posters on the forum, and I take my rep seriously, so I rep those who deserve it, and there isn't all that many different people speaking, I am locked down because I must spread rep around before I can give it to someone....there isn't anyone around to give it to that has said anything worth a darn.

Speaking of which, is there anyway the admins can lower the repeat rep thresh-hold for the time being till the forum gets more active?

DeletedUser

Yeah fair enough...
Not sure actually... Shoot the forum admin a message i guess :)

DeletedUser

I don't have anything to add to the conversation, I just want to increase my post count.