• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event Feedback

Algona

Fall Event roller coaster.

I really liked the Event when it started. Looked one of the better Events to score some good prizes, albeit random.

Then INNO changed the chests and I was sky high! Over 50% chance to hit Good Prizes!

I was ignorant of the change in apple drops from trees. When I realized they had cut the apple drop by at least 40% I was about as low as you can get.

And just now seeing the SoK was unlockable, decided, what the hell; I've got 1500 or so Apples. 6K Medals, 6K Medals, 90K Supplies, 110 Apples, SoK, unlocking SoK. Buy 4 more, and will hopefully get 25 more apples to buy the sixth SoK before 9 PM. Not quite up to what Ardak pulled off earlier, but pretty good for my city.

6 more days of this? Exquisite torture much?

Jeez. What a ride.

DeletedUser27046

Hello all, finally broke down and registered for the forums, probably another life regret, :) Anyway, been reading comments on the Fall event, and like most, started out pretty well, but noticed the BIG change as well, am running 4 dif worlds myself and all have dropped wayyyy off on getting any trees planted in my cities, open the event history and I believe it is 9 slots that are visible per page and in one city I counted 28 m/p's since the last planted tree, may keep climbing, and it had been 12 to 15 then a tree, sheeeesh, reallllly ?? I was all for the removal of the single rogue, BUT, personally I would much rather have the single rogue than the single champion, brother!! I seen a rogue hideout ,one time, and got all excited and happy, but didn't try for it, thought I would wait till it showed in the locked chest, but nothing so far, am now thinking that the hideout went with the single, who knows. And again like other have said, if and when I get a tree, it's a 7, a rare 10, but with so few trees planted, just the tree's them selves are rare. Well, I guess that's enough or to much ranting for my first try at the forum comments, unfortunately there is/are to many whine and moans to make about this here game, might see me again, thanks for reading and sorry for the length, but I feel MUCH better noooww!!!

Algona

I thought I was runnng slow on trees getting planted in my city. Checked Event History. 29 Trees in my last 150 Aid Events. Also still getting 20% on apples when I Aid.

The drop rate seems steady, it's the damn change to the number of apples per tree. Still over 70% 7s. Just an awful, awful move by INNO.

DeletedUser19078

I love the fall event it's really fun. I think it's the best event so far. I'm not sure what everyone expects, cash awards? These events keep the game interesting.

DeletedUser26154

I love the fall event it's really fun. I think it's the best event so far. I'm not sure what everyone expects, cash awards?
The big apples at the beginning gave false expectations.
There seems to be a bit of a problem with Inno's contests, new GB's etc, and setting initial, false expectations.
That's because they rush the events without proper, full alpha and beta testing.
It's admirable that INNO does care and makes an effort to provide everyone with fresh content.

At the risk of sounding awful, people who don't pay a penny to play, can't expect treasure chests full of loot to dump over their heads every time they log into a contest. I'm not hinting that anyone in the forums here are like that, It's just a point in general. Thanks.

DeletedUser8420

I just looked over at Wiki FOE and saw that one of the last quests for this event is 1 hour productions 50 times.... then take control of a providence....are you kidding me? that is ridiculous especially so near the end of the event, with nearly no make up time allowed.

DeletedUser26154

that is ridiculous especially so near the end of the event, with nearly no make up time allowed.
As I was saying... rushed contest with not enough alpha and beta testing.

Outside of that, it's a nice event.

DeletedUser13838

I just looked over at Wiki FOE and saw that one of the last quests for this event is 1 hour productions 50 times.... then take control of a providence....are you kidding me? that is ridiculous especially so near the end of the event, with nearly no make up time allowed.
Would you rather it be at the beginning?

#halffull

DeletedUser14197

The big apples at the beginning gave false expectations.
There seems to be a bit of a problem with Inno's contests, new GB's etc, and setting initial, false expectations.
That's because they rush the events without proper, full alpha and beta testing.
It's admirable that INNO does care and makes an effort to provide everyone with fresh content.

At the risk of sounding awful, people who don't pay a penny to play, can't expect treasure chests full of loot to dump over their heads every time they log into a contest. I'm not hinting that anyone in the forums here are like that, It's just a point in general. Thanks.

I don't think it matters if a person pays to play the game or not. The purpose of the forum is to give feedback. I don't even think that there would be this much negative feedback if the event had started one way and stayed that way the entire time. Changing things part way thru, unless it is to the players favor, is never a good idea. The game would do best to not build peoples expectations up higher than can be fulfilled. If one has low expectations and gets more, than they are happy. If they have high expectations and get less, they are not happy. In other words, if you expect to get 4 shrines, and get 3, you may not be happy. If you expect to get 2 and get 3, you will probably be happy, Expectations make a difference. One got so they expected to get a certain number of apples a day. It appears to have dropped, not a little, but significantly, thus all the unhappy players. It isn't like they before the event started they expected to get lots of great things. If the game wants to make people expect to get better than they can get, than really they have caused people to be unhappy with the event. If I had known that they were changing this event, I would have stopped after using up all my apples goign for the shine and wishing wells in all my cities. I was happy with what I got. However, since than it has been like the event has dragged on and on and I am tired of aiding and looking for apples especially when it is taking so long to collect many. Maybe it will be worth the trouble, but I won't know that till I use up my apples. But, it really isn't much fun to get 5 7s in a row.

DeletedUser27058

Too many store building items. As some of the event buildings only take up one square, I'm not really concerned about it. Also, out of 4 worlds so far, I've gotten only 1 maybe 2 of the day's prize although I unlock at least 2 baskets a day per guild.

DeletedUser27032

I vote for Shrine of Knowledge as the item to be unlocked again. My neigbourhood of 75 people were unable to unlock it last time :( we really put in lot of apples...oh please, please, please!! :)

Thank you for RENO KIT...so happy today :DDD

DeletedUser26154

I vote for Shrine of Knowledge as the item to be unlocked again.
The second SoK unlock happened several days ago. I highly doubt it'll be back again for this contest.
SoKs are wonderful. You can't have too many of them.
Gratz on your winnings Eireen.

DeletedUser26195

I got 3 blueprints for the OBS for the last 300 apples I spent! A building that I get no benefit from. It sucks, what a waste of time. Since early Friday I got 8 apples of 60 people polishing or motivating - 4.8%

DeletedUser26154

My neigbourhood of 75 people
When you do unlock it, it's just for the person who unlocked it.
It's not a neighborhood unlock.
I made the mistake of thinking it was.
When I unlocked SoK the first time, I sent appropriate letters to the top 40 players in my neighborhood.
I felt real stupid afterwards.

DeletedUser8420

What's up with the new waterways, mountains and such? Taking areas that were able to hold trees, speaking of which they are suppose to be up for 24 hours, but seem to be disappearing long before that.

DeletedUser26660

I see why it is called the Fall event now, it's due to the fall in the number of apples per tree.

Algona

It sucks, what a waste of time. Since early Friday I got 8 apples of 60 people polishing or motivating - 4.8%

Are you saying you received 8 apples when you Aided 60 players?

Are you sure that 8/60 = 4.8%?

You have only 60 players worth Aiding in your Guild, Hood, and Friends?

Do you manually mo/po or use the Aid button?

----------

I certainly understand why this Event sucks hard for you.

3 Obs BPs in a row is bad luck.

If you have 60 Aid targets then you are running at 20%* of the maximum number of players you could be interacting with/. In other words you're getting only 1/5 of the opportunities to receive apples from Aiding, getting trees planted, and opening chests. And receiving more bad prizes.

*Heh. I am sure that 60/300 = 20%

DeletedUser8420

this year's Halloween event starts Oct 20th....at least according to wiki FOE this one isn't supposed to be timed...