• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Being Attacked by bullies

DeletedUser26862

Being attacked by people 5 eras ahead of you is obscene. How does one even defend ones self from that type of attack. Its like David and Goliath fight and F.O.E is not god hahaha. What say you people? You think there is a way to defend against people 5 eras ahead of you? If so please let me know. Any one who post to this in a unsympathetic way may your crotch be infested by maggots and flies. All joking aside can someone please tell me how does one defend against such odds?

Praetorius

If they are 3 or more eras ahead of you, they're gonna blow through your defenses no matter what.

The best thing you can do pick up your resources in time before they have a chance to. And maybe set productions to smaller time frames, so if they do hit you they don't set you back as much. Picking up goods in 4 or 8 hour intervals is more of a hassle than a day run, but if someone does hit you you don't miss out on a whole day's worth of production.

Lastly, try to hang in there, the neighborhood shuffle will (hopefully) move you or them to a new hood and you won't have to deal with them anymore.

Ylisaveta

You can't defend against an army 5 ages above you, but being attacked does not hurt you. Your defending army remains intact.

See jaelis' stickied thread "Help! I'm being plundered!" for advice if that is what you are really upset about, or do a search of the forums for many, many similar posts and the discussions that follow. You will find some sympathy, but mostly not, especially if you start out saying someone attacking your city for points or plunder as part of the game is a bully.

DeletedUser26862

You can't defend against an army 5 ages above you, but being attacked does not hurt you. Your defending army remains intact.

See jaelis' stickied thread "Help! I'm being plundered!" for advice if that is what you are really upset about, or do a search of the forums for many, many similar posts and the discussions that follow. You will find some sympathy, but mostly not, especially if you start out saying someone attacking your city for points or plunder as part of the game is a bully.
I dont think you fully get what I said. I suggest you read it again before making a reply such as yours. In no way did I mention anything about plundering and being in colonial age I know for a fact that army's stay intact. You should rethink your comment is my opinion. Other then that great comment for someone who is complaining about being plundered.

DeletedUser13838

To be fair it's also hard to defend against someone in the same age.

Ylisaveta

I dont think you fully get what I said. I suggest you read it again before making a reply such as yours. In no way did I mention anything about plundering and being in colonial age I know for a fact that army's stay intact. You should rethink your comment is my opinion. Other then that great comment for someone who is complaining about being plundered.

I fully get what you said. I suggest you read my reply again. You cannot defend, but you are in no way harmed by being attacked. It is part of the game to attack your neighbors and plunder. In no way is this bullying, nor is it "obscene." You should realize that this is a common complaint on this forum, and if you skimmed some of those threads you will see tips for dealing with your situation and other perspectives as well.

I'm aware you did not mention plundering, but when most complain about being attacked that is really their issue, so I said "if that is what you are really upset about." If you aren't being plundered, good for you. If you are and aren't upset about it, also good for you. I've been in the position you are in, and have posted about the experience in some of those threads I mentioned. It will pass, more than likely with the next merge. Good luck to you.

DeletedUser26287

along with the collections and timing advice above, watch the special events for Watchfires(+4% defense) and get as many as you can. The Monastery(+20% defense) is good too. i have a whole batch that add up to 114% defense boost. I haven't been successfully attacked in a long while!

other than that, best you can do is smile and carry on!

(oh, and building your own massive boosted army and going out for revenge can be fun too!)

DeletedUser26692

Jasper,
You were attacked, then you sent hate mail to a founder that talked about him needing to "kill himself" over it. Your use of language was absolutely despicable and was way out of line. Being attacked happens to us all, including the top players on each world. It is part of the mechanics of the game and can be used as strategy or for points. You need to stop crying about this and learn to 1. collect on time if you are plundered or 2. deal with it like a big boy. Your rant that was sent to the particular founder on S world was widely circulated and has now caused you to become a target. Choose your words more carefully in the future.

iamtheemperor

Jasper,
You were attacked, then you sent hate mail to a founder that talked about him needing to "kill himself" over it. Your use of language was absolutely despicable and was way out of line.

And yet he's not the bully, the person who used an imaginary army to attack his imaginary army in an online game made of 1s and 0s is the bully.

Go figure...

DeletedUser26910

4wAO1N5uusbMQ.gif

DeletedUser

Collect on a time you know you can get it right on time every time. That way the chance of them getting anything is next to zero.

DeletedUser22610

Being attacked by people 5 eras ahead of you is obscene. How does one even defend ones self from that type of attack. Its like David and Goliath fight and F.O.E is not god hahaha. What say you people? You think there is a way to defend against people 5 eras ahead of you? If so please let me know. Any one who post to this in a unsympathetic way may your crotch be infested by maggots and flies. All joking aside can someone please tell me how does one defend against such odds?

You set up everything on 24 hour productions and be there when they are done. Also you put only 2 of the lowest age fighters in your hood for defense so they get no points for attacking you. Then you no longer have to worry about them taking your goods or city. Also everyone that is in this game has been pillaged in the same manner you are talking about. It's a right of passage really. :)

DeletedUser27179

I was being hit in 3 worlds by the same guy. I tried aiding befriending and that only got me replies that he was going to teach me a lesson for attacking him---and it was in Pvp! The leaders of my guild and HIS tried to talk to him but he ranted and raved and blocked them from contacting him again. I switched my production times and he laid in wait and would attack at midnoght and 4am for goodness sake. Im sorry but that is NOT playing a game,, THAT IS BULLYING!

DeletedUser9433

I was being hit in 3 worlds by the same guy. I tried aiding befriending and that only got me replies that he was going to teach me a lesson for attacking him---and it was in Pvp! The leaders of my guild and HIS tried to talk to him but he ranted and raved and blocked them from contacting him again. I switched my production times and he laid in wait and would attack at midnoght and 4am for goodness sake. Im sorry but that is NOT playing a game,, THAT IS BULLYING!
I am so sick of people crying bully over losing some pixels in a GAME, it is not real life, get over it.

DeletedUser27096

Why not attack him in retaliation? Or is he many ages ahead of you?

Too bad we can't hide a (virtual) bomb in our loot so that anything that gets plundered gets destroyed when the thief gets back to his kingdom. The devs could add special effects like a big mushroom cloud or something ;)!