• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why am I in a neighborhood with Arctic Future People?

• Thread starter DeletedUser16482
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16482

I want to know why I am in a neighborhood with Arctic Future players when I am barely in Contemporary. I wish FOE would follow their own rules!

DeletedUser8152

Sorry to hear that, I know it can be frustrating. But to my knowledge Inno has never provided guidelines or rules for how neighborhoods are composed.

DeletedUser25171

"It can be frustrating???" No, jaelis, it can be game-breaking. I just cracked Colonial, and I'm in the same situation. I'm being plundered by people in the Arctic Future. In my new neighborhood on Jaims, 79 of the people have over a million points, while the other six of us are under 200K. The only defensive move here is not to play at all. You think THAT'S what they have in mind?

DeletedUser3679

I agree it not only can be frustrating, it is frustrating and irrational. The good news is that INNO is currently testing a new 'hood algorithm on the beta server to address this issue. The first week seemed to work really well, as I ended up in a 'hood of 100% CE players. The next week not quite as good, and yesterday, there were 5 beginners there. So I guess there is a little more work to be done. I am sure you will agree that some more testing and tweaking to the code to get it right is the proper thing to do.

Let's just hang on and be patient for a while longer.

DeletedUser25950

Th
I want to know why I am in a neighborhood with Arctic Future players when I am barely in Contemporary. I wish FOE would follow their own rules!
those really high players/raiders seem to move on more frequently. Give it 3 Mondays.

DeletedUser25171

I agree it not only can be frustrating, it is frustrating and irrational. The good news is that INNO is currently testing a new 'hood algorithm on the beta server to address this issue. The first week seemed to work really well, as I ended up in a 'hood of 100% CE players. The next week not quite as good, and yesterday, there were 5 beginners there. So I guess there is a little more work to be done. I am sure you will agree that some more testing and tweaking to the code to get it right is the proper thing to do.

Let's just hang on and be patient for a while longer.
AND THIS WEEK IT DOWNRIGHT SUCKS! Seems to me that it's getting worse, not better. I have five other people from my same age, and then the next lowest person if from FOUR AGES AHEAD. Nearly 80 people, and the LEAST of them is four ages ahead! It won't be worth playing the game until I'm in a different neighborhood. This is just a basic MATCHING issue. There's no excuse.

DeletedUser29051

I'm in CE with 3.4m points, there are a few tomorrow age cities, but mostly CE cities. I'm 10th in my neighborhood and can attack and plunder almost all but 5 or so. Having the tomorrow age cities to attack means more points and that I can plunder higher age GOODS. So the down sides are small for me. If your a non-offensive player then get and upgrade your deal castle and your basil. Watchfires and ritual flames can be earned in GE so even if your a none diamond player you can get a well defended city. Current stats: Attack 135% Defense 95% 4x Sakura Rocks 20%, Checkmate square 8%, 3x attack helio 12%, CDM 31%, Zues 32%, and CoA 32 %. The GB and Helio and strike team bonus can be achieved without diamonds, so 107% none event buildings bonuses. My city defense when being attacked is 200% 4x Nish ponds 20%, 6x ritual flames 48%, 31x watch fire 124%, 2x air defense 8%. Deal castle at level 10 would be 30%, and basil is 30% as well, so i would have 260% if i had the GB's.

DeletedUser38183

There's this thing called "camping". It means you don't level through eras, just stay in your era as long as it takes you to get stronger and prepare for the next era. As far as I know, neighborhoods are composed according to your era (I believe, one of many other things). Try camping for a while, maybe it will help. Also, neighborhoods change every two weeks. Sometimes the same people stay in your neighborhood for two weeks though.

DeletedUser

There's this thing called "camping". It means you don't level through eras, just stay in your era as long as it takes you to get stronger and prepare for the next era. As far as I know, neighborhoods are composed according to your era (I believe, one of many other things). Try camping for a while, maybe it will help. Also, neighborhoods change every two weeks. Sometimes the same people stay in your neighborhood for two weeks though.
This thread is from 3 years ago. Two years ago they changed the neighborhood merge system, making this thread obsolete. I will close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.