• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Shortage of limestone

DeletedUser28180

Why is limestone in such short supply? I am in the Early Middle Ages, but can't seem to find out what technology unlocked it in the past, or will unlock it in the future? Another annoyance that seems aimed at getting players to buy diamonds if they want to progress in the game....

DeletedUser8152

It is an iron age tech. It is one of the bigger buildings so it's often a bit short, but usually not unavailable. If you're in the browswer version, post a trade request in chat and I'm sure someone can help you.

DeletedUser26965

Another annoyance that seems aimed at getting players to buy diamonds
Apparently that's the answer to everyone's complaint. Everyone builds the smallest goods building they can and tries to trade with that so you end up with shortages of goods that require larger buildings to produce.

VoWZILI.jpg

Oh and don't forget that if you don't have the deposit for a good you get a reduced production
Ew9BEZw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

Everyone builds the smallest goods building they can and tries to trade with that so you end up with shortages of goods that require larger buildings to produce.
That's why you see a ton of Paper, Wire, Gunpowder on the market.
Tiny production buildings make those.
I lived on Fertilizer trades for months.
Fertilizer is a big building but not a lot of people make the big buildings so I was the main supplier.
I got what I wanted from Modern Era down, with Industrial Age Fertilizer.

DeletedUser27096

That's why you see a ton of Paper, Wire, Gunpowder on the market.
Tiny production buildings make those.
I lived on Fertilizer trades for months.
Fertilizer is a big building but not a lot of people make the big buildings so I was the main supplier.
I got what I wanted from Modern Era down, with Industrial Age Fertilizer.
@ardak kumerin is a true genius when it comes to cornering supply markets.

DeletedUser14197

Wow, in the early ages, I would never have even considered not building a goods building I had the boost for. I am not sure I ever didn't build at least one of each goods building I had the boost for until recently, when I quit building goods buildings at all.

Algona

Wow, in the early ages, I would never have even considered not building a goods building I had the boost for. I am not sure I ever didn't build at least one of each goods building I had the boost for until recently, when I quit building goods buildings at all.

Same here, I built lots of boosted Goods buildings. And like Ardak, I realized that Fertilizer was always in short supply. Still running a couple even though I am in PME and getting it from my GBs. It's too 'hot' a Goods not to have a surplus..

DeletedUser27096

Agreed...I immediately build any goods buildings I am boosted for. The only one I have since deleted was the stone production bc it was big and I had so much stone I could have built a pyramid.

DeletedUser14197

Agreed...I immediately build any goods buildings I am boosted for. The only one I have since deleted was the stone production bc it was big and I had so much stone I could have built a pyramid.

I used to build them a little before I had acquired the boost if I saw I would be able to get it soon.