• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A couple of questions re: guilds

DeletedUser27096

Hi all!

I have a few questions re: guilds.

First, if I see a guild I want to join (for example, a neighbor's guild that has a good ranking), how do I contact the guild leader to ask questions and/or get an invitation to join (if needed)?

Second, re: donating goods to unlock GE levels, how much must be donated before the leader can unlock the level? Are there specific goods that must be donated (for example, if the guild is short some good)?

Third, in the "Unlock/Donate to Treasury" menu accessed from GE, there are two numbers after each good (example: 248/16). Are those numbers what the requirement is to unlock Level 3 and what the guild currently has (i.e. needs 248, has 16) or vice versa (has 248, needs 16)? If my first assumption is correct (which I suspect is not) that seems like a pretty big requirement (at least for my guild) since it doesn't seem like we have enough goods for any of them. If instead my second assumption is correct (which I suspect is), it looks like the only goods my guild is lacking are Postmodern Era goods (they show up in red text). What happens if no one in the guild is at that level and thus can't donate PME goods? Does Level 3 of the GE never get opened?

As always, thanks for your assistance!

DeletedUser27889

First, if I see a guild I want to join (for example, a neighbor's guild that has a good ranking), how do I contact the guild leader to ask questions and/or get an invitation to join (if needed)?
Use the global rank search feature to look for that guild by name. You can then read their profile and they will usually have contact info included in there. Also they will usually state their policies and mission so you can see if that guild is a good suit for you. IE if you like GE and want to be in a GE required guild finding one that suits you would do best so that you're not attempting to pull the weight of 50 members in the match up.

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 1.31.16 PM.png
Here is an example of the screen you are referring to. The number to the right of the / is the amount the guild would need to unlock that level. You can see that for every item there isn't enough of in treasury it is red.

The goods are dependent on the eras in which guild members are in and how many guild members there are. Even if someone doesn't play GE they are still a 'burden' good wise as the level must be unlocked for every member. Here is a guide to the costs: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Costs_of_Unlocking_Difficulties

What happens if no one in the guild is at that level and thus can't donate PME goods? Does Level 3 of the GE never get opened?

The cost for level 3 is soley dependent on the era members are in. If you see a PME requirement for level 3 that would mean that at the start of GE for that week at least one member was in PME. If you see a PME requirement for lvl 2 that would mean that at the start of level 2 at least one of you're members was in CE as lvl 2 usues previous eras goods and PME is the prior era of CE.

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 1.41.01 PM.png