• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inno Gives Special Treatment to "special" players

DeletedUser26965

To get them to buy?
They already do try to get them to buy by first offering them stuff to buy, then by doubling diamonds and such, if they don't buy by then why offer them the same specials as people who do buy? And if you do why should the people who buy, buy more since everyone gets the same offers? I've never bought anything, I don't expect a special offer and am not offended that people who do buy do get special offers, if this is even the way of it.

sheesh that's a lot o bybuys

DeletedUser27889

I wouldn't quite understand the logic here. It doesn't really take much extra effort on innos part to make the offer to everyone on a specific world. There has to be a reason why they chose to single some out. My thinking is this, if the offer alerted said high diamond player that he was one of a 'select' group of people receiving said offer that would make him more likely to buy, he would know he (she?) had a huge advantage over even other diamond players. But if the player had no idea the deal was only for him, it would do nothing to persuade him further.

If that were not the case I would be more likely to think this person would fall into the infrequent diamond buyer category. Maybe one who has been shown to make rare but large purchases. Something would trigger in the game that this elusive player has come out of the wood work onto a new wold and the game had the ability to entice this player to spend a lot of money. Maybe like a sort of goldilocks thing, if he spent a ton they know they don't need to entice him with offers, if he spent nothing they know not to bother but maybe he spent just the right amount.

I do think it is unfair and an offer like this shouldn't be for a select few. Saving money on a research pack sure a huge in game advantage not so much.

sheesh that's a lot o bybuys
223358-n-sync-baby-bye-bye-bye.jpg

DeletedUser26965

I wouldn't quite understand the logic here. It doesn't really take much extra effort on innos part to make the offer to everyone on a specific world. There has to be a reason why they chose to single some out. My thinking is this, if the offer alerted said high diamond player that he was one of a 'select' group of people receiving said offer that would make him more likely to buy, he would know he (she?) had a huge advantage over even other diamond players. But if the player had no idea the deal was only for him, it would do nothing to persuade him further.

If that were not the case I would be more likely to think this person would fall into the infrequent diamond buyer category. Maybe one who has been shown to make rare but large purchases. Something would trigger in the game that this elusive player has come out of the wood work onto a new wold and the game had the ability to entice this player to spend a lot of money. Maybe like a sort of goldilocks thing, if he spent a ton they know they don't need to entice him with offers, if he spent nothing they know not to bother but maybe he spent just the right amount.

I do think it is unfair and an offer like this shouldn't be for a select few. Saving money on a research pack sure a huge in game advantage not so much.

View attachment 2553
good grief, wth? crazy wall of weird text

DeletedUser27889

good grief, wth? crazy wall of weird text
WOW I edited that the second I posted it and you still caught it in time =) I accidentally posted the url for the pic I was looking for to post... like 3 times above the picture and it was some crazy long url from google images.

DeletedUser26965

WOW I edited that the second I posted it and you still caught it in time =) I accidentally posted the url for the pic I was looking for to post... like 3 times above the picture and it was some crazy long url from google images.
I'm quick like that, all that GvG experience lol.

DeletedUser27889

That's what some are saying about Speaker's Corner. Don't a lot of companies do this though? Loyal customer programs, VIP stuff etc.? It doesn't seem out of the norm or unfair to me.
I suppose, but with the new world I think it's a bit different. The appeal for long standing players to play on a brand new world which essentially gets it running for them is the appeal of a clean slate. When you're in an established world your chances of 'catching up' or even surpassing the top players are extremely diminished. I don't think they would want to create a similar atmosphere on a new world, it seems counterintuitive to why they would create it in the first place. Because you know with half the servers filled with innactives it's not a space issue.

DeletedUser26965

I suppose, but with the new world I think it's a bit different. The appeal for long standing players to play on a brand new world which essentially gets it running for them is the appeal of a clean slate. When you're in an established world your chances of 'catching up' or even surpassing the top players are extremely diminished. I don't think they would want to create a similar atmosphere on a new world, it seems counterintuitive to why they would create it in the first place. Because you know with half the servers filled with innactives it's not a space issue.
I don't know, we're just guessing anyway as to how it works, perhaps it's just some randomized program like winning the lotto or something. So the guy won the lotto, I aint worried about it.

DeletedUser15042

People act as if this is the only company that does this. This is a VERY simple and VERY normal business model. Think rewards cards, cash back rewards on credi cards, frequent flyer miles, car buyers loyalty programs, etc.

Do you find it wrong that people get upgrades to first class for free just because they fly more? With the thinking in this thread, everyone should get the option to get something for free. Go buy a BMW. Next time you go to trade it in you will get a $1000 rebate for loalty. Is that not fair??

Its how business works. And it MUST work, or they wouldn't do it. The few that complain are far outweighed by those who do not care and those willing to spend. So they continue it. If you want the same perks, open your wallet and you will get those perks. If you don't open the wallet, then sit back in coach.

DeletedUser16249

Personally, instead of them opening up new worlds just to clog up the servers even more, I'd rather that they cleaned up the ones already running.

DeletedUser

I have seen offers on my phone and not being offered on PC. Same the other way. I do agree if they cleaned up in-active accounts they could shut down a few worlds at least.

DeletedUser8152

I have seen offers on my phone and not being offered on PC. Same the other way. I do agree if they cleaned up in-active accounts they could shut down a few worlds at least.
This gets brought up a lot, but I don't really understand why an inactive account would add much to the server load.

DeletedUser26965

This gets brought up a lot, but I don't really understand why an inactive account would add much to the server load.
I wouldn't think it would but I wonder of the effects are of tens of thousands being added and removed over time.

DeletedUser28503

I sure hope you do not go to the real world. The 1% gets even better treatment in the real world then here.

DeletedUser28232

I wish there is more special diamonds offers in game and it chances, would be win-win - player gets treats and Inno gets money , instead of making everyone wait .. in other world my guild mate had +50% diamond offer, and she not spending penny on a game so offer goes to waste , and if it shown on my screen it would be sure taken.. So to make people wait on special offers for a month to spend money is not smart of inno. Offers should be at least weekly and steady

DeletedUser28503

I wish there is more special diamonds offers in game and it chances, would be win-win - player gets treats and Inno gets money , instead of making everyone wait .. in other world my guild mate had +50% diamond offer, and she not spending penny on a game so offer goes to waste , and if it shown on my screen it would be sure taken.. So to make people wait on special offers for a month to spend money is not smart of inno. Offers should be at least weekly and steady
Sale is no longer a sale if its offered everyday. Just saying.... Inno is in it to make money not less. If your going to buy regardless why give you a offer at all is why they do it. I will say though that I don't like the selective sales. I think everyone should get same deal at same time otherwise its just deceptive sell techniques.

JC

DeletedUser28232

yes same deal at same time for everyone and more often like weekly

DeletedUser

Just an FYI, if you're going to buy the big Diamond package, do it on PC. On mobile you only get 10,000 Diamonds for $79.99, but on PC you get 11,000 for the same price.

"Shut down a few worlds"? Boy, you really do want to hear people scream, don't you? LOL