• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

DeletedUser28015

<To add a comment should be on the top of the thread NOT the bottom>

To make it easier to post without first reading what anyone else has said, eh?

Getting 1 to 5 lanterns from the trees is like a slap in the face, 6 to 9 a tease for this event, they dont add up to much considering how many you need, it should be at least 10 each.

They didn't have to give you any.

DeletedUser27040

I'm a bit baffled this morning. I managed to complete the set, much to my surprise, using bronze chests. I realize my sample size is incredibly small, but it seems backwards.

9 gold chests netted 1 set piece, thus ~11.1% odds. (I won a bunch of other goodies, so this was totally okay for me.)

4 bronze chests netted 1 piece, thus 25% odds. (The color guard and drummer I won probably will never get used, but whatever.)

I'm okay with the gold chests having the most desirable items at the highest cost, yet also yielding fewer grand prizes. However, it almost feels as if the percentages for the grand prize in the bronze and gold chests ought to be switched, at least visually. Thus being more up front with the player that they have to decide between winning good prizes or the event set pieces. Anyone who reads the forums would likely be aware of this, but perhaps not the greater community.

DeletedUser28225

hey all - does anyone have confirmation that the order of daily specials on the wiki is correct? In other words, will the Pond show up on April 17th again?

The official announcement said to "so complete BEFORE April 17th" at the very bottom. This could imply that the event is over on midnight April 16th, and that Pond does not come up again...

ODragon

As far as I know the Gong can be plundered. I'm guessing the people just built them when they won them so the Gong is on a different timer. I've got some like that until the vagaries of real life get them all on the same schedule.
Doesn't adding the gong reset all of their timers to the same?

DeletedUser27735

The official announcement said to "so complete BEFORE April 17th" at the very bottom. This could imply that the event is over on midnight April 16th, and that Pond does not come up again...
Did you check the timer under the event information? Open the event window then click on the question mark at the top right corner and you'll find a countdown for the end of the event.

No idea if what wiki is predicting for the final days will be correct or not. But it has been correct the past 3 days.

DeletedUser28225

Thanks OneAngrySnail. You just blew my mind. I never saw the little ? before! A lot of useful stuff is always hidden (like guild treasury donations tracking!!). Right now it's 4 days 20 hours, which would bring the end of the event to April 17th midnight, so hopefully Pond is the last thing.

DeletedUser28225

As far as I know the Gong can be plundered. I'm guessing the people just built them when they won them so the Gong is on a different timer. I've got some like that until the vagaries of real life get them all on the same schedule.

The Gong is a deco and can't be plundered. We've tried that out and the option to plunder it doesn't show up. The Entrance & Zone are residential buildings so those can be plundered.

DeletedUser

Well, the point it that it is less efficient than a single 5x5 building would be, given the need for roads on both sides.
If you place it at the intersection of 2 roads, they don't have to be on opposite sides. Obviously, you have to configure the set so the 2 residential buildings are on the correct sides for this, but that is easily done.

DeletedUser26154

No one has mentioned this yet.
I'll be the first to bring it up.

Those players with a lot of Cherry Garden Sets in the GvG map.
Dominating what ever sector they choose to attack.

images.jpg

Those tiny guilds made of players with 10+ Cherry Garden Sets.

bomber9530

I count 57 sets.
57 x 5 = 285.

285% bonus to Attacking units.
285% bonus to Defending units.
285 Oceanic Future goods every day.

View attachment 3568

Numbers based on Oceanic Future, found on the Wiki sites.
Daily totals.
[*EDIT TO ADD* Not counting G.B. Bonus, Motivation, Tavern Bonus, Happiness, etc.]

View attachment 3569
159600 Happiness.

View attachment 3570
1008900 Coins.
467400 Supplies.
3762 Medals.

View attachment 3571
3762 Medals.

View attachment 3572
883500 Coins.
570000 Supplies.

View attachment 3573
163020 Happiness.

View attachment 3574

Thank you World Boss Victorro for sharing this with us.

What I'm about to say will probably make me Public Enemy #1, but I'm going to say it anyway...

A guildmate and I were talking (after I shared the picture of Victorro's world) and this set is overpowered... Especially if you have 57 of them.... Now I'm not saying to roll back the strength of the set. But the (complete) set produces more than any single GB (especially the 5x5s or smaller), and you can only have one GB, so I think you should have only been able to place one (maybe two) set(s) in your city at a time. Otherwise you get city's like Victorro's that now makes him virtually unstoppable. But then again, guess they wouldn't have had so many people spending diamonds on the event then....

DeletedUser28896

It would be great if you could trade the buildings, so friends/guildmates who were fortunate enough to get multiple pieces can trade their extras to those who did not manage to be lucky enough to win either the entrance or (presumably, based on my luck thus far) pond.

It's also disheartening to go through the whole quest and extra quests and come out of it without a full set. I tried both the gold and bronze technique to get the set pieces and struck out 100% of the time. The only non-set piece I spent any lanterns on was the rogue hideout. I skipped every other day in order to focus on the set pieces.

DeletedUser26154

Especially if you have 57 of them....

True, but...
If someone elects to pay $1,000 in a free-to-play model, that's what this is all about.
Though taken to an extreme, of course.

But the (complete) set produces more than any single GB

I wanna say no but I see where you are coming from, when you add up all the goodies.
But the stats that matter are Attack and Defense.
The rest is just gravy, but some mighty fine gravy.

It's powerful on purpose, to generate sales for the highest of rollers.
While at the same time, in reach for those who don't spend a small fortune on their backyards.

For 5x5 it's balanced, but pushing the the borders.
The counter of it's strength is the challenge to get it.
And if they dig deep and open their wallet wide?
Go hog-wild and treat themselves like the Nobility they are destined to be?

images (8).jpg

That keeps the wheels turning the best.

DeletedUser18177

What I'm about to say will probably make me Public Enemy #1, but I'm going to say it anyway...

A guildmate and I were talking (after I shared the picture of Victorro's world) and this set is overpowered... Especially if you have 57 of them.... Now I'm not saying to roll back the strength of the set. But the (complete) set produces more than any single GB (especially the 5x5s or smaller), and you can only have one GB, so I think you should have only been able to place one (maybe two) set(s) in your city at a time. Otherwise you get city's like Victorro's that now makes him virtually unstoppable. But then again, guess they wouldn't have had so many people spending diamonds on the event then....
You say unstoppable!!!! I i have been playing for a little over 700 days with only 3k in fights. I don't bother anyone. I dont even have a Traz because I just like getting fp. In the future I may change my game but Im all about gbs and fp right now. I help a lot of people that pay for free so it all works out in my eyes.

DeletedUser28225

Especially if you have 57 of them....

You can't stop someone spending too much money on this. From what I've seen you could get 10-12 sets for about $400-$500. So 57 sets would set you back around $2,000 to $2,500. If there were no big spenders on this game, the majority could not play for free.

I for one feel that the 5x5 building is a great idea and well balanced for what it is. You could get one for free with a little bit of luck, or you could spend $$$ to get more. Compared to some other special event buildings, this one is actually worth it. If it wasn't worth it, people would just continue to only buy SOKs and Rogue Hideouts.

Take a look at the German U server (use Forge-DB to see the names and City Planner to pull in the city)... started the same time as US X server (Jan 25, 2017). In Germany there is a player in the Future era with almost 7 million points. #2 player is almost 6 million points. I can't even calculate the money spent there.

DeletedUser26965

In Germany there is a player in the Future era with almost 7 million points. #2 player is almost 6 million points. I can't even calculate the money spent there.
Probably none as they probably work for inno to try to convince others to spend $$$ to be able to compete.;)

DeletedUser28225

Probably none as they probably work for inno to try to convince others to spend $$$ to be able to compete.;)

LOL. Didn't think of that, but that would be pretty shady. At the same time I can imagine some manager who would potentially receive a big bonus if a new world does well to spend say $10K and make it do well :) That would be shady too though.

DeletedUser28903

You say unstoppable!!!! I i have been playing for a little over 700 days with only 3k in fights. I don't bother anyone. I dont even have a Traz because I just like getting fp. In the future I may change my game but Im all about gbs and fp right now. I help a lot of people that pay for free so it all works out in my eyes.
Now that you know you are unstoppable, maybe you will try other aspects of the game, especially guild expedition.

Regardless, you paid for the game for ME and I thank you--and all the other "high rollers"--from the bottom of my heart.

Of course, I am only in the Middle Ages, so your lovely city cannot harm mine. The pics are entertaining to look at.

DeletedUser28903

I got two one-up kits, and I have moved up an age. How do I find out what the difference would be for each potential item, so I can decide what to upgrade as soon as the event is over?

DeletedUser20367

Doesn't adding the gong reset all of their timers to the same?

They might now. When the Event first started the update to reset the timers hadn't happened yet. Also, don't know if adding a piece counts as moving the set.

DeletedUser

I got two one-up kits, and I have moved up an age. How do I find out what the difference would be for each potential item, so I can decide what to upgrade as soon as the event is over?
Go to the FoE homepage, click on Wiki on the right side of the bar across the top. That takes you to the Wiki page, then click on "buildings" from the menu on the left. Then scroll to the bottom and click on the "special buildings" link. That takes you to a page with all the special buildings listed. Click on each one and it will tell you what the boosts/bonuses are from that building in every Age.