• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

DeletedUser26154

I'll commemorate my 2,000th post on celebrating this wonderful event.

both excellent and elegant.png

@Algona summed it up perfectly.
There's nothing more I can add.
Beautiful prizes, beautiful odds.
The Cherry Garden Set was in reach for everyone playing.
Like @Algona said, the only "Objection" were the blueprints.

I went for Gold Chests every time, except when I felt some BPs coming on.
Twice I picked a Bronze chest on purpose, and both times I used it to catch my statistical BPs.

4.png

I have a real good feel for these contests.

My final Gold Chest prize was another Store building.
I won the Cherry Garden set, two SoKs, two Champs Retreats,
Other good welcomed prizes too.

d222c45b8409af4971d5fa8eb2c67bc3.png

I have zero complaints.

My city makes 12 more Forge Points a day, than when this event started.

collaboration.png

Thank you Inno, thank you Thi and Kai, thank you all who had a part in this.

DeletedUser28903

There are many ways to enjoy FoE. My favorite is the Horrible Neighbor method. This lets me see many other players' Early Middle ages cities every day.
Most of these players are badly math-challenged and do not optimize their cities very well. Most did not take much advantage of the Cherry Blossom Festival, which was WONDERFUL fun, very beautiful and very high value.
Of those who got at least a Sakura tree, fewer than half got the gong. A gong means you tried.
Only one player that I plunder (some defend themselves--and you bet those have more Cherry Blossom stuff) who tried actually got a complete set. I got 2 Sakura trees but no Nishikigoi Pond; others got 2 of something else. It was harder to get the complete set than I thought.
Those who worked at it got awesome stuff.

We are going to be very eager for another chance next year to complete our sets. We will want reno kits to upgrade "last year's" (2017 in 2018) cherry set.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

the Horrible Neighbor method

It exists.

We will want reno kits to upgrade

That was the first thing that went through my mind when I saw this 5-Piece set.
Buy stock in Reno Kit companies.
That's five One-up kits every level.
I need 3 for my trio of Champions Retreats.
Now those who won their sets in Oceanic or Arctic Future, they don't have to worry much.
For everyone else, it looks like we have a 5X5 that's going to make the same 5 goods forever.
Everything else works pretty well, even that over-abundance of provided Happiness.

I've plundered

I will never steal from your city.

images (10).jpg

@ardak kumerin

DeletedUser24787

That's still four One-Up Kits per era of progression, if you want to keep the Cherry Garden set current.
would the sakura rock or nishi pond need a need upgrade doubt that a kit would be worth the cost of boosting the happiness
if anything the zen zone would be the only one that i would upgrade for better goods
the emperor entrance would only increase in supplies and a meager amt of medals

but if you going for ranking points to increase the value of the buildings yes reno and one ups will be the prize one seeks in GE

so who gonna start a conspiracy theory we are getting set pieces so we need to get more reno kits and one ups a side source of inno revenue lol

DeletedUser26120

I have a full set and an extra Sakura's Rock. What can I do with it?

I thought about replacing the pond but that would drop the effectiveness of gong and zen zone wouldn't it?

DeletedUser26154

I thought about replacing the pond but that would drop the effectiveness of gong and zen zone wouldn't it?

Keep the full set intact the way it's intended.
If it's worth the space, put your extra piece on the outside of the set up where it gets the most benefit.

DeletedUser25273

Replacing the Pond with the Rock wii cost you the Medals from the Entrance, 2 FP from the Gond, and the Goods from the Zone.
If you place the Rock on the outside, it will give you the Happiness and 2 attack.

Unless you think the +3 Attack is worth the 3 Defense rock (assuming you place it on the outside), the 2 FP/day, the 5 Goods/Day and the medals, keep the base set together, and place the Rock next to the set touching the Pond and either the Entrance or the Zone.

DeletedUser22924

Here it is! A new event with tons of new items! So we'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Your Forge of Empires Team

One World I finished - totally useless effort. Query to Inno resulted with response stating personal luck is at fault, did and does not assuage sense of disappointment with the Event. On remaining Worlds - Determined this event was not worth the effort given lack of benefit, didn't attempt it.

DeletedUser26120

One World I finished - totally useless effort. Query to Inno resulted with response stating personal luck is at fault, did and does not assuage sense of disappointment with the Event. On remaining Worlds - Determined this event was not worth the effort given lack of benefit, didn't attempt it.
Judging from the reason you left our guild in V world, I'm not surprised to see this type of post from you.

Many people were very happy with the rewards from this event. I'm the one going around plundering zen zones so I should know.

DeletedUser26120

Why do so many people have one story pagodas? Just saw one person with two. Why?? I don't get it at all, what is the appeal?

bomber9530

Why do so many people have one story pagodas? Just saw one person with two. Why?? I don't get it at all, what is the appeal?

The appeal is that it produces the same amount of happiness as it does population. Therefore you don't have to worry about gaining happiness from other buildings or roads to sustain that population. Its essentially "free population" in terms of requiring happiness. Its most helpful to lower aged players who need a lot of cultural buildings and decorations in order to provide happiness for a lot of population. However me being in CE, well now TE because I just made the jump today, I have more than enough happiness from GBs and roads, so I don't necessarily need to have them, but I still have 1 placed, have 2 more in inventory and would place them if I had room, and have 4 Ziggurats which are essentially the same thing just different look.