• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Temple of Relics Feedback

DeletedUser8152

I had been experiencing this for a few weeks before I actually started counting, so I have to believe that it is a systemic problem, not just a very highly unusual occurrence, especially so considering that my wife is experiencing the same thing. Put in a ticket, but of course, the standard form letter basically: "don't you love those quirky odds?"

I do not know how their systems work, almost certainly it is a number in a database somewhere, but on Mount Killmore, my Temple of Relics (curiously, that I had just upped to level three) which is supposedly at 13%, is putting out hardly any relics. My wife is also level three and experiencing the same phenomenon.
Keep collecting stats, and your significance will continue to grow. Unfortunately you really need to get to like 1 in a million odds before you'd have a really strong case.

DeletedUser26154

Gambler's fallacy says you're more likely to do well in the future if you've done poorly in the past.

@jaelis is right.

Conspiracy theory says you're more likely to do poorly in the future if you've done poorly in the past.

download (6).jpg

Statistics says that as likely as it was to do poorly in the past, you're equally likely to do that well in the future.

I nearly failed Statistics the first time I took the class.
What are the odds of that?

DeletedUser13838

Nuh uh :p

Gambler's fallacy says you're more likely to do well in the future if you've done poorly in the past.
Conspiracy theory says you're more likely to do poorly in the future if you've done poorly in the past.
Statistics says that as likely as it was to do poorly in the past, you're equally likely to do that well in the future.
Over the long term there isn't really a difference. :) But regarding your last comment, if I understand what you're saying I think you're assuming a symmetry that doesn't exist in general. If I lose 50% in the stock market this week I need to gain 100% next week to get back to even. But the probability of losing 50% is not the same as the probability of gaining 100%.

DeletedUser9433

Over the long term there isn't really a difference. :) But regarding your last comment, if I understand what you're saying I think you're assuming a symmetry that doesn't exist in general. If I lose 50% in the stock market this week I need to gain 100% next week to get back to even. But the probability of losing 50% is not the same as the probability of gaining 100%.
Why isn't it? $2 stock goes to $1 then goes back to $2, same dollar amount move. If you attempt to explain why a stock goes up or down then I must assume you are Warren Buffett incognito posting. (I might add that even he has no clue other than long term fundamentals determine value)

DeletedUser22924

Initially enjoyed the Temple of Relics. Quickly leveled it on one world, and have been awesomely rewarded several times. However, the "Improvements" made aren't improvements. If it weren't for the Guild's benefiting I wouldn't bother. More often than not the reward is another set of Attempts. That is merely expending additional units to be replaced or repaired with diamonds. If I don't get an Attempt I get yet another useless Gate of the Sun God, or Face of the Ancient, and now several One-Story-Pagodas. Unfortunately, Inno does not concern itself with inequities, only income generation.

I've played this game since it's initial Beta, received a Silver Award, and now I am considering looking for a new game to migrate to. Inno has used Guild Expeditions, which benefits from a developed ToR, to increase income. I was "Excluded" from a guild because I cannot spend freely to the benefit of the Guild. I've been rejected upon admitting to never spending and no intention of spending money in future on GE. Such is life.

Temple of Relics has ruined the game for some of us.

DeletedUser26154

This week is much better than last.
I wont do my grand total yet, because I'm not done.
Pretty average until level 3.
Two battles made three relics spawn.

none then three.png

1.png 2.png 3.png

That's two Ritual Flames this week.
16% more Defense for my city.

226ce72ef60f57e697580af700db86e6.png

You know I use those.

DeletedUser26154

You got 3 relics in 2 battles? That can happen?

Yes, it's happened more than once.
Every time I solve an encounter, I check for relics.
I had one showing, did an encounter, then had 3.

Darth Mole

I've only just got my ToR built so am looking forward to next weeks GE. Don't expect much but do love free stuff!

wolfhoundtoo

Yes, it's happened more than once.
Every time I solve an encounter, I check for relics.
I had one showing, did an encounter, then had 3.

You sure you didn't just beat the update? the couple of times that happened I'm pretty sure (based on the speed with which I'd moved to the next battle) I just went to the next battle before the game updated so show the relic.

DeletedUser26154

You sure you didn't just beat the update?

I didn't think of that until you brought it up.
If you say that, I'll be my goat farm it's true or at least, related.
There was one relic, and I had to do one more encounter to access it.
Fog of War had to be cleared after the checkpoint.
I finished that one encounter for fog removal.
Then instead of having one relic in that area, I had three.
One battle spawned, to my eyes and time frame, two relics.

DeletedUser26154

At the end of the week, here is my total.

Gate of the Sun God S
Ritual Flame G
2 BPs S
25 goods S
Tribal Square G
2 BPs S
2 BPs S
Gate of the Sun God S
20 FP S
Ritual Flame G
25 of one good S
2 BPs S
2 BPs S
20 FP S
25 goods S

3 Gold and 12 Silver for 15 Relics total.

So after deducting the Blue Prints:
Two Decos [I use those all the time]
75 current era goods
2 Ritual Flames
1 Tribal Square
40 Forge Points

Picard.png

Not bad at all for free.

Algona

I was getting really WORRIED for a while about the balance OF THE Relics. i was EVEN dEBaTiNG tearing down my ToR. Decided TO keep IT and have been rewarded FOR my patience.

You see for a while I had 10 Gate of the Sun God and only 7 Face of the Ancients. I meam, c'mon!!!1! What are the odds????????? Obviously it was INNO $chming to get me to spend Diamond$ !!!!!1!!!! OMGGWTFAQBBQ!!!1!!1! lamersriggedgamers...

Happily the last 4 Silver Relics were all Face of the Ancients so balance is restored. Thank you, INNO!