• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser

Seems the plunder part of the game is a frequent form of complaints and proposals to change the system. I am sure there are many others like me who are satisfied with the current system. Please post your progress and reasoning for why and what you plunder. If you don't plunder please don't add to the thread. There are many other threads started that you can add your complaints and criticism to.
upload_2017-5-8_1-48-44.png
  • If a neighbor aids, I aid back. No help from them means they are open game to attack/plunder.
  • I look for goods I can use first. Then event buildings or HoF's. I rarely take coin or supplies unless it is a revenge attack.
  • 2 spearfighter or other weak defense and I will take anything I can.
  • I use up my Voyager bonus first on the advanced ages and then go back within 24 hours for the lower age goods.
  • I try to make a friend in the hood who also plunders and message each other when goods are up.
  • Lastly, I figure if I don't take the goods someone else will.

DeletedUser26154

Seems the plunder part of the game is a frequent form of complaints and proposals

Proposal
Make Plunder Crybabies easier to spot.

Current System
They hide most of the time and makes finding them out more difficult.

Details
Add a giant blue arrow over a player's city hall when they complain about plundering on the forums.

Abuse Prevention
Dogs in a park, baby.

Visual Aids

town hall.png

Conclusion
This should shut them up.

DeletedUser24787

Screenshot 2017-05-08 at 1.26.16 AM.png

• If a neighbor aids, I aid back. No help from them means they are open game to attack/plunder.
  • I look for goods I can use first. Then event buildings i am very partial to zen zones and royal queens .If no other option and i dont plan to revisit i hit anything.
  • 2 spearfighter or other weak defense and I will take anything I can.
  • I use up my Voyager bonus first on the advanced ages and then go back within 24 hours for the lower age goods.
  • I try to make a friend in the hood who also plunders and message each other when goods are up.(OMG the similarity in our evil ways is just like a mirror effect)
  • I figure if I don't take the goods someone else will.
  • My 2 GB were built for this 1 purpose
  • because i choose to o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

I am at around 920/1500 for plunder achievement.

I just upgraded from ME to PME and there is no quest to get CE troops early so it's gonna be harder.

I was plundering ME hoods with PME troops for a long while, it was glorious. But I still persist, just have to battle more carefully now and match up units.

What I'm really liking is the population - I went from PE to PME housing because ME wasn't worth the upgrade. So it was worth aging up for sure, have tons of room in my city now.

Anyway went off on a tangent there - I don't care if they aid, I still plunder. The only thing that maybe gets me to stop is a nice message along with a fp donation.

Mustapha00

I don't go all the way back to the launch date of the game, but I do go back a fair ways.

Most of the complaints regarding Plundering that I have read- and I've read plenty of them- is that the system was grossly unfair. Players three, four or even more Ages ahead of you were in the same Neighborhood and there was absolutely no way that you could put up any sort of defense- another feature of the game, that: a military defense for your city- that had any hope at all of staving off a successful attack. Yes, a few complained about Plundering period, but I never mustered much in the way of sympathy for them.

Inno has- belatedly- seen that this was a major failing of their product (well, "major failing" if you were on the receiving end of the attacks...not sure if you'd agree if you were on the giving end of them) and they took and are taking steps to mitigate that. Cheif among them, in my opinion, is narrowing the Age rage of Neighborhoods so that other players are no more than + or - 2 Ages from you, which means that an active defense can be, with a bit of foresight and dedication, effective. Further, many of the Event buildings we have been able to win lately seem to have city defense modifiers (even as some have military ATT boost modifiers as well). Both of these are steps in the right direction, and I commend Inno for taking them.

As for me personally, I'm very, very reluctant to Plunder, usually doing so only if a Quest requires it. I have found myself more often attacking for Tower Points than I once did. Not availing myself of all the features of the game is a choice I made for myself.

DeletedUser28670

I fight a lot of my hoodies, (and win 90% of the time, mind you), but it seems like no one has anything to plunder. Of course, I do find the occasional Queen or King statue. My profile is : attacking for Tower Points. I also plunder when applicable. I ain't care if you aid, but a donation to my GBs will get you off my attack list.
I'm at 98 plunders.

Edit: 205 plunders as of today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

I Aid everyone in a new hood for a couple days. Third day I Aid from Event History. Then I plunder every non-Aider. Excrpt the d00d who spams small unfair trades. I plunder him ecery day. Being in the top 5 of the hood with a 105/90 bonus has it's advantages....

First plunder run in the new hood today. Hit a quick 2 spear, cool. Flip to Excel, note for tomorrow's run so I can hit it with lower Era troops for easy Medals in the lower Towers. [homer simpson] Mmmm, easy tower points.[/homer simpson] And an uncollected Zen Garden? BONUS!

Plunder a few more. Another two spear? [eric cartman] Sweeeet. [/eric cartman] This goes on and by the time I'm done with my run I had found nine (9! I was happy with my previous high of 4) folk running 2 spears: 4 of them had uncollected Zen Gardens. In a PME/Modern hood. Makes you wonder how those folk get out of bed, much less progress this far in the game. Altogether i found 6 uncollected Zen Garfens and a lot fo other great swag. Pity someone had beat me to the Gongs, but I'll make do...

I hope the hood shuffler never works again.

DeletedUser26120

It amazes me how 99% of players never change up the defense to at least cause some damage. So predictable, like when goods are ready.
I've experienced the opposite. I had Commandos in Modern Era and every hood, after a few days, many would switch up to paratroopers/mech infantry DAs. Of course I'd go in with tanks after that and they'd end up switching back and forth lol.