• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

If you'd like to discuss the event with other players, please use this discussion thread for your comments and suggestions.

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires and... enjoy the Summer! :)

Sincerely,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser26965

Link: Summer Event 2017
Thank you.

The event starts on Wednesday, June 28th and you have till July 19th

What time does it end, exactly?

Link to the Beta Discussion: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-summer-event-2017.7535/
tl:dr most not happy with wheel change, no tickets to find in city, though they recently changed to giving 1 Ticker per Town Hall collection, and large 5pc sets

Added an extra Elephant Fountain Gate just because and a Watchfire for ardak kumerin, the two separate sets have no benefit other than for aesthetic purposes from placing them next to one another.
index.php

Indian Palace set (32sqft)

Western Palace Tower (road required) (Given at end of first questline) (Silver Ring)
2x2 - Provides coins
When placed next to 1 - Coins
When Placed next to 2 - 5 Goods

Eastern Palace Tower (road required) (Given at end of first questline) (Silver Ring)
2x2 - Provides coins
When Placed next to 2 - 1fp

Maharaja's Jungle Pond (Silver Ring)
2x2 - Provides happiness
When placed next to 1 - Happiness
When Placed next to 2 - Happiness

Bandar Playground (same as Jungle Pond?) (Silver Ring)
2x2 - Provides happiness

Maharaja's Palace (road required) (Given at end of second questline)
4x4 - Provides coins
When placed next to 1 - Supplies
When Placed next to 2 - Medals
When placed next to 3 - 5 Goods
When Placed next to 4 - 5fp's

Indian Fountain set (25sqft)

Memorial Chhatri (road required)
1x1 - Provides coins

Elephant Fountain Gate (road required) (Silver Ring)
3x1 - Provides coins

Titan Arum Plant (Silver Ring)
1x1 - Provides happiness

Chhatri Garden (Silver Ring)
3x1 - Provides happiness

Elehpant Fountain (road required) (Gold ring)
4x4 - Provides happiness
When placed next to 1 - Coin % boost
When Placed next to 2 - Supplies % boost
When placed next to 3 - Defense Boost
When Placed next to 4 - Attack Boost

Quests (Keep in mind this is still from beta and subject to change. They have already changed it by removing some tickets from quest rewards and added a daily ticket to Town Hall collection so the ticket rewards below are not entirely correct)

Questline 1 of 2

1) Gather 200 coins and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

2) Build 2 decorations from your age or 3 from the previous age and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

3) In a production building, finish 1-hour productions 10 times and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

4) Build 3 residential buildings from your age or 4 from the previous age and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

5) Gather 40 Goods and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

6) Motive or Polish 40 Players and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

7) Research a technology OR Donate 400 Goods to the treasury from your stockpile and Spend 20 Forge Points
2 Tickets

8) Gather 250 Tavern Silver OR Buy 4 Forge Points and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

9) In a production building, finish 4-hour productions 15 times and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

10) Contribute 25 Forge Points to a Great Building OR Activate 2 Tavern Boosts and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

11) Make People Enthusiastic and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

12) Recruit 4 Units from your age or 6 Units from your previous age and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

13) Build 2 Cultural Buildings from your age or 3 from your previous and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

14) Scout a Province OR Solve 12 GE encounters and Spend 7 Forge Points
Ticket 2 Tickets

15) Finish a 5-min production 20 times and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

16) Infiltrate 4 sectors OR Buy 4 Forge Points and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

17) Finish a 8-hour production 15 times and Finish a 15-min production 10 times
1 Ticket

18) Acquire 2 sectors without fighting OR Win 5 fights in a row without losing in-between them and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

19) Buy 7 Forge Points and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

20) Gain control over a province and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

End of Questline 1
Reward: Western Palace Tower and Eastern Palace Tower

==============================

Questline 2/2 (1 every 24h, stacks)

1) Build 6 Decorations and Gather 500 Supplies
1 Ticket

2) Visit 8 Taverns and Motivate or Polish 30 buildings of other players
1 Ticket

3) Build 2 residential buildings from your age or 3 from the previous and Make people Enthusiastic
1 Ticket

4) Finish 15 productions in a production building from your age or 20 from the previous age and Spend 10 Forge Points
2 Tickets

5) Gather 50 Goods and Activate 1 Boost in Tavern
1 Ticket

6) Acquire 1 Sector without fighting OR Defeat 50 enemy units in battle and Finish 5-min productions 10 times
1 Ticket

7) Build 1 production building from your age OR 2 production buildings from the previous age and Spend 10 Forge Points
1 Ticket

8) Finish each of the production options once and Recruit 3 units from your age or 5 units from the previous age
2 Tickets

9) Buy 8 Forge Points and Spend 8 Forge Points
1 Ticket

10) Motivate or polish 40 buildings of other players and Gather 700 supplies
1 Ticket

11) Scout a Province OR Complete Level 1 in GE and Spend 15 Forge Points
2 Tickets

12) Build 1 Goods Building from your age or 2 from the previous age and Collect 200 Tavern Silver
1 Ticket

13) Finish 1-hour productions 10 times and Finish 24-hour productions 6 times
2 Tickets

14) Infiltrate 4 Sectors OR Buy 4 FPs and Build a military building from your age or 2 from previous
2 Tickets

15) Sell ANY 4 buildings from your age or 6 from the previous and Recruit 4 units from your age or 6 from the previous
1 Ticket

16) Acquire 4 sectors OR Donate 700 Goods to the treasury and Gather 50 Goods
2 Tickets

17) Finish 4-hour productions 12 times and Spend 15 FPs
1 Ticket

18) Spend 20 Forge Points and Gain control over a province
2 Tickets

End of Second Questline
Reward: Maharaja's Palace and 2 Tickets

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2017_Summer_Event (ad blocker recommended for hijacking adds)

Personally I won't be going for the sets on any of my live cities. They don't provide any benefit to alt cities and too large with not much benefit to play cities. So that just leaves going for some gold ring prizes which I doubt people who don't spend diamonds will get much of. Good luck though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

Question :
if Western or Eastern Palace tower is not connected to road, are those two still count connected to sets power if those two place on each other side?
That's a really good question, but don't you have king/queen/ruins or garden set where you can test it yourself?

If not let me know and I will check for you on my collection time tomorrow evening.

DeletedUser24787

main building connected to the road will acknowledge the other unique pieces to provide the full bonus regardless if the sub structures are connected to the road they just have to touch the main building

proof main building is connected to the road
Screenshot 2017-06-25 at 1.48.36 AM.png
the elephant gate and memorial need road connections to enable the perks they provide
they are shown disconnected

now hovering over the main building and you can see the main building has all 4 perks enabled even tho two are listed as disconnected
Screenshot 2017-06-25 at 1.48.47 AM.png

Algona

"Some of the most valuable prizes aren't on a single wheel 4 times, but instead are spread throughout multiple wheels."

Bat Feces. Pure greed on my part, but I've figured out ways to maximize luck and scored very well in summer 15, summer 16, and fall 16 Events. Maybe it's better for the "these Events are all about luck and Diamonds, there's no skill involved" people, but I think I got screwed. Just another damn case of people getting what they ask for. Enjoy it. Next time, think before you ask.

Oh, well.

Looking forward to the second experiment of set buildings in a major Event. I guess Spring counted? Let's see how it works again. Easy prediction, folk will not be happy. But then INNO could give out Gold Bullion and folk would be unhappy about the weight.

As long as SoK and HoF are each available multiple times through out the Event and there is a decent chance that multiples can be won, and there is some way to bring skill and brains to the Event I'll be happy.

Good luck to all players!

DeletedUser26120

Sounds like it favors active players then. Probably best to save up tickets for a blowout day and have at it.

Not sure I will try for either set - both require a lot of space since have to have roads all around, and I believe that, on a per-square basis, they don't give you anything better than what's already out there.

Likely better off going after SoKs and the such like Alonga said.

DeletedUser28670

As a non- diamond player- I think that sadly, there aren't enough tickets from the event quests to get a set. You would have to buy them..... So I'm reluctantly doing this event knowing that I won't get the full set. If it helps, I liked Inno's system for the Winter and Valentine events, where you could earn event currency like FPs and from your town hall. I wish they would implement that on all major events, but that's just me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16163

Link: Summer Event 2017
Thank you.

What time does it end, exactly?

Link to the Beta Discussion: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-summer-event-2017.7535/
tl:dr most not happy with wheel change, no tickets to find in city, though they recently changed to giving 1 Ticker per Town Hall collection, and large 5pc sets

Added an extra Elephant Fountain Gate just because and a Watchfire for ardak kumerin, the two separate sets have no benefit other than for aesthetic purposes from placing them next to one another.
index.php

Indian Palace set (32sqft)

Western Palace Tower (road required) (Given at end of first questline) (Silver Ring)
2x2 - Provides coins
When Placed next to 2 - 5 Goods

Eastern Palace Tower (road required) (Given at end of first questline) (Silver Ring)
2x2 - Provides coins

Maharaja's Jungle Pond (Silver Ring)
2x2 - Provides happiness

Bandar Playground (same as Jungle Pond?) (Silver Ring)
2x2 - Provides happiness

Maharaja's Palace (road required) (Given at end of second questline)
4x4 - Provides coins
When placed next to 1 - Supplies
When placed next to 3 - 5 Goods
When Placed next to 4 - 5fp's

Indian Fountain set (25sqft)

Memorial Chhatri (road required)
1x1 - Provides coins

Elephant Fountain Gate (road required) (Silver Ring)
3x1 - Provides coins

Titan Arum Plant (Silver Ring)
1x1 - Provides happiness

Chhatri Garden (Silver Ring)
3x1 - Provides happiness

Elehpant Fountain (road required) (Gold ring)
4x4 - Provides happiness
When placed next to 1 - Coin % boost
When Placed next to 2 - Supplies % boost
When placed next to 3 - Defense Boost
When Placed next to 4 - Attack Boost

Quests (Keep in mind this is still from beta and subject to change. They have already changed it by removing some tickets from quest rewards and added a daily ticket to Town Hall collection so the ticket rewards below are not entirely correct)

Questline 1 of 2

1) Gather 200 coins and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

2) Build 2 decorations from your age or 3 from the previous age and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

3) In a production building, finish 1-hour productions 10 times and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

4) Build 3 residential buildings from your age or 4 from the previous age and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

5) Gather 40 Goods and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

6) Motive or Polish 40 Players and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

7) Research a technology OR Donate 400 Goods to the treasury from your stockpile and Spend 20 Forge Points
2 Tickets

8) Gather 250 Tavern Silver OR Buy 4 Forge Points and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

9) In a production building, finish 4-hour productions 15 times and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

10) Contribute 25 Forge Points to a Great Building OR Activate 2 Tavern Boosts and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

11) Make People Enthusiastic and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

12) Recruit 4 Units from your age or 6 Units from your previous age and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

13) Build 2 Cultural Buildings from your age or 3 from your previous and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

14) Scout a Province OR Solve 12 GE encounters and Spend 7 Forge Points
Ticket 2 Tickets

15) Finish a 5-min production 20 times and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

16) Infiltrate 4 sectors OR Buy 4 Forge Points and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

17) Finish a 8-hour production 10 times and Finish a 15-min production 10 times
1 Ticket

18) Acquire 2 sectors without fighting OR Win 5 fights in a row without losing in-between them and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

19) Buy 7 Forge Points and Spend 7 Forge Points
1 Ticket

20) Gain control over a province and Spend 7 Forge Points
2 Tickets

End of Questline 1
Reward: Western Palace Tower and Eastern Palace Tower

==============================

Questline 2/2 (1 every 24h, stacks)

1) Build 6 Decorations and Gather 500 Supplies
1 Ticket

2) Visit 8 Taverns and Motivate or Polish 30 buildings of other players
1 Ticket

3) Build 2 residential buildings from your age or 3 from the previous and Make people Enthusiastic
1 Ticket

4) Finish 15 productions in a production building from your age or 20 from the previous age and Spend 10 Forge Points
2 Tickets

5) Gather 50 Goods and Activate 1 Boost in Tavern
1 Ticket

6) Acquire 1 Sector without fighting OR Defeat 50 enemy units in battle and Finish 5-min productions 10 times
1 Ticket

7) Build 1 production building from your age OR 2 production buildings from the previous age and Spend 10 Forge Points
1 Ticket

8) Finish each of the production options once and Recruit 3 units from your age or 5 units from the previous age
2 Tickets

9) Buy 8 Forge Points and Spend 8 Forge Points
1 Ticket

10) Motivate or polish 40 buildings of other players and Gather 700 supplies
1 Ticket

11) Scout a Province OR Complete Level 1 in GE and Spend 15 Forge Points
2 Tickets

12) Build 1 Goods Building from your age or 2 from the previous age and Collect 200 Tavern Silver
1 Ticket

13) Finish 1-hour productions 10 times and Finish 24-hour productions 6 times
2 Tickets

14) Infiltrate 4 Sectors OR Buy 4 FPs and Build a military building from your age or 2 from previous
2 Tickets

15) Sell ANY 4 buildings from your age or 6 from the previous and Recruit 4 units from your age or 6 from the previous
1 Ticket

16) Acquire 4 sectors OR Donate 700 Goods to the treasury and Gather 50 Goods
2 Tickets

17) Finish 4-hour productions 12 times and Spend 15 FPs
1 Ticket

18) Spend 20 Forge Points and Gain control over a province
2 Tickets

End of Second Questline
Reward: Maharaja's Palace and 2 Tickets

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2017_Summer_Event (ad blocker recommended for hijacking adds)

Personally I won't be going for the sets on any of my live cities. They don't provide any benefit to alt cities and too large with not much benefit to play cities. So that just leaves going for some gold ring prizes which I doubt people who don't spend diamonds will get much of. Good luck though.

Reading the quests for the Summer event; I am done after the first three. Quest 4: Building 4 residential buildings from your age. I am not deleting a premium building only to rebuild it four times. I also will not delete other buildings to clear space to erect said buildings. I guess at my level, I can quit worrying about any event and just play the game my way.

DeletedUser25431

If you'd like to discuss the event with other players, please use this discussion thread for your comments and suggestions.

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires and... enjoy the Summer! :)

Sincerely,
The Forge of Empires Team

You’ve had a good game here. And, in the beginning, I bought Diamonds, because the game was exciting and SATISFYING. But that is steadily changing.

Since you now insist on creating all these space-hawging "sets" as event rewards, would it KILL you to make EXTRA LARGE MEDALS PACKAGES amongst the regular prizes in this and forthcoming events?

The game grows steadily less appealing the more we players feel we're being outright extorted for Expansions / Diamond purchases by Mafia Bosses.

And it’s nice of you to restrict the best stuff to ONE per WHEEL this time, too. Certainly, none of us have enough useless crap we didn’t want in the first place clogging up our inventory from random crapshoots, so why not make that even worse too.

No wonder you skipped the Soccer Cup Event this year. It must have really panicked your millennial butts last year when you saw all of us saving up Cups to outright purchase only those things we wanted in the first place.

Oh, and thanks for giving us access to less tickets this time as well. Finding sets of 5, 10 or more in our respective wildernesses again just makes this too much fun. And, it might actually help. God forbid.

And the more you start restricting other options to acquire more and cheaper expansions to make room for all this new stuff – and the more you restrict opportunities to acquire those things we want and avoid being stuck with yet even more of those things we don’t - you’re definitely and slowly killing this game’s appeal, customer loyalty and P.R.

I keep hoping for a personnel change as things just keep getting subtly worse (Don’t they have a McDonalds in Germany now? They’re always hirin’, ya know). Because if there isn’t a change in personnel or policy and this trend isn’t sharply reversed, a lot of other players are not only gonna stop buying Diamonds, they’re gonna start bailing eventually as well, and your new player count is gonna start a steady and alarming decline as former player word spreads.

You attract and retain players and PAYING CUSTOMERS who buy Diamonds by making a game enjoyable, exciting and SATISFYING, not by making it steadily more and more disappointing and frustrating in an attempt to EXTORT Diamond Purchases – with a sarcastic smile in your videos.

DeletedUser28970

I'm with others who are concerned as to exactly when this shindig starts and finishes.
If Panecea could get back to us with the times stated in UTC it would be really, really nice! Of course that would be breaking with tradition but it is worth a shot ....