• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- New Rewards

Algona

Just cutious, but... We all think FP would be an OK prize?

What would you think about changing the lowest tier (Face VT, BPs) booby prizes to 1 FP and the net to bottom tier (coins, supplies) booby prizes to 2 FP?

Would that mollify players or would we be bitching about the lousy FP prizes? (Trick question! Of corse we would be bitching! But would we be as serious?)

Would that warp the game?

DeletedUser26120

I don't know if that's a good replacement but it'd be better.

You are guaranteed 17 fps every time you play GE4 tho so that'd only add to the number. Not bad.

qaccy

Just cutious, but... We all think FP would be an OK prize?

What would you think about changing the lowest tier (Face VT, BPs) booby prizes to 1 FP and the net to bottom tier (coins, supplies) booby prizes to 2 FP?

Would that mollify players or would we be bitching about the lousy FP prizes? (Trick question! Of corse we would be bitching! But would we be as serious?)

Would that warp the game?

I think rewards in GE should be heavily simplified and overall improved. Remove coins, supplies, and BPs (except ToR, perhaps add Observatory as well), and limit encounters to no more than 2 possible rewards with the exception of the unit prizes (keep the 5-way 20% split). Prizes in level 4 should be limited to FP, goods, diamonds, premium buildings, and high-tier GE buildings (terrace farm, sky watch, fountain of youth). In level 4 specifically, especially to someone in any of the various Future Eras, nothing else is enticing to a player as "ok, that reward is worth paying resources/units for". Those are how I'd 'improve' GE, anyway...keep the RNG on relics, but tone it down a bit (not completely) on the trail prizes and try to bring them up to be a bit more on par with the difficulty, especially for higher-age players who have to contend with much stronger opponents for the same rewards as someone in the early ages. But I'm guessing the expectation there is that the low-age players generally have less resources available to fight/negotiate with, so that's where the difficulty tends to lie for them.

DeletedUser26660

The lower age players are the ones who the lame rewards would appeal to but they are the ones who are least likely to get them due to their lack of capability and firepower, ironic. :rolleyes:

qaccy

The lower age players are the ones who the lame rewards would appeal to but they are the ones who are least likely to get them due to their lack of capability and firepower, ironic. :rolleyes:

Not entirely. Level 1 is easy to complete even with next to no resources. I can do it in Colonial with only two barracks and no unattached units, with an army bonus of 30% (most likely not even necessary, but that's what I have). The rewards there aren't really the problem. Level 4, on the other hand, is almost always hard for different reasons depending on how far in the research tree you are, but the rewards are universally unappealing regardless. Lower ages tend to have fewer resources, and higher ages have much stronger armies to contend with and much more complex unit interactions. Add in the fact that it's not too difficult for a low-age player to get rogue hideouts and 'early' GBs and I'd actually contend that GE as a whole actually just gets harder as you move up, despite the fact that your city's growing and you're getting more and more stuff. More effort for the same rewards means the rewards just look worse and worse the further you go.

DeletedUser26660

Not entirely. Level 1 is easy to complete even with next to no resources. I can do it in Colonial with only two barracks and no unattached units, with an army bonus of 30% (most likely not even necessary, but that's what I have). The rewards there aren't really the problem. Level 4, on the other hand, is almost always hard for different reasons depending on how far in the research tree you are, but the rewards are universally unappealing regardless. Lower ages tend to have fewer resources, and higher ages have much stronger armies to contend with and much more complex unit interactions. Add in the fact that it's not too difficult for a low-age player to get rogue hideouts and 'early' GBs and I'd actually contend that GE as a whole actually just gets harder as you move up, despite the fact that your city's growing and you're getting more and more stuff. More effort for the same rewards means the rewards just look worse and worse the further you go.

I am referring to the lame rewards in level 4 specifically, not levels 1 to 3, and the effort it takes to complete it weighed up against the rewards offered.

DeletedUser27849

We discovered that adding even more Forge Points to the inventories (which are already filled up with packages from Great Building contribution) slows the game down. That's why Forge Points from the Expedition map rewards will be now added directly to the Forge Points bar. This will allow for a more direct action (instant contribution or research and progress) as well as simplification of use. Please note that there are no plans to change the behavior of the GB contribution rewards at this time.

If you mean slowing down the server, then that is understandable. But if you mean players slowing their play, then I believe you guys missed the point of the game. If you want players to rush through the Tech Tree and move up in age then you are doing them a disservice. What is failed to understand about forcing players to advance quickly is that they don't realize they need to sit in each ERA for a length in time to obtain what is necessary, GB's, stock piling coins/supplies and goods. They need to learn the game and understand what is needed to play the game, not just rush through it. They will end up quitting the game and then where will you be.

For the last 4 neighborhood changes I have been in over 95% of my neighbors have reached LMA and didn't have GB. They still had bronze age buildings up and about 50% of them looked to be inactive or very little activity in them. This game I look at is about Time and Strategy in city building, not just rush through the game and then get bored and quit. Players need to take the time to get their GB's leveled up to help their city out, not rush to Colonial Age and realize they went to fast and end up quitting. Don't force the hand of the players let them play the game, for me at a minimum I stay in a stage for at least 4 to 6 months and that is in both worlds I play in.

DeletedUser26120

Man I just aged up to CE today as GE started. On level 1 I get a white relic for 5 CE tanks!! So awesome.

8 days left in event so at least 8 days until hood rotates. Gonna be fun.

DeletedUser26120

Oh I was having a bad week in GE as far as relics/chests go. I'm on level 4 and just got to the last area of fog so I peeked ahead to see the final gold chest.

It's 50% chance for terrace farm, 50% chance for sacred skywatch! So either way I'm getting something good. I hope this is a permanent fix for end of level 4, it helps make up for the crappy rewards this week.

DeletedUser26120

They need to fix level 3. I've been posting my results in another thread and I just looked at the past 3 weeks. Mostly get coins/supplies from the first 3 chests in each group in level 3. Only didn't three times out of 36, 2 were extra attempts and 1 was 10fp.

If you go look, it is quite striking and stands out on how many coins/supplies you get.

DeletedUser27849

I won 4 Face of the Ancient during level 4 last week....I am so excited, NOT. To me it seems the expedition has become more of a chore than something you want to complete. This week I didn't do level 4 but in level 3 I was awarded enough attempts that I was able to complete the level without waiting. The amount of coins and supplies is not important to me, forge points okay we all can use forge points, if by chance the lucky stick beat you on Monday prior to the expedition. Goods, not enough to really make a difference, unless you hit the gold relic one which I haven't seen in 4 months. The residential, production, cultural buildings useless except for quest, I don't use them in my city, so having 10 of them makes me want to open a shop up. You can sell them for the coins and supplies, you have that going for ya and for those that do use them if they understood the game they should wait until they win them instead of spending coins and supplies. So really I guess is the military units are the biggest plus. If I happen to hit a gold relic and it is actual something I can use, I usually run down the street screaming I am the king of all the lands. My neighbors think I am crazy but it doesn't happen to often.

DeletedUser26120

I'm going to try to raise my ToR and see if that gets relics to appear more often.

What level is yours? I have mine at 5.

DeletedUser9306

I agree that the store building is worthless ... especially as a reward for 64th chest or a Jade relic ...
At this point, I would rather get 1 coin and know it was in insult or gag than thinking that Inno believes that "store building" is a good prize. I wish they would see the rant from players. Depending on world, I have 20-30 of the dam things... and to win it again as the 64th chest, it makes GE less desirable to play.
reno kit would be justifiable (as well as practical). some of the other "special" items that could be won are only OK, but "store building" is horrible and an insult to those that play the game regularly.

DeletedUser24719

I agree rewards in GE include too many BPs which have destroyed their value, too many coins and supplies, too many extra attempts and too few FPs and goods. But the odds need to be changed to offer a better chance of winning first. But to suggest a premium building as a useful reward is ludicrous. Its just another way for INNO to try and milk diamonds to build the darn thing. No thanks!!

Algona

I disagree that Store Building is worthless. I used to think they were a top niotch prize, my opinion has changed. The wide availability of a lot of 'average'* Special Buildings from GE and Events makes me think that the Store Building has lost a lot of it's original appeal. I don;t think there are a lot of targets that are irreplaceable any more.

While happy to garner one wandering through lvl 2 or 3, I don't think it is worthy of being a lvl 4 prize, certainly not a final Encounter prize. I'd think with the advent of sets that INNO should replace Stores with One Ups for the most part. No, not One Up as a final prize though. RK at a bare minimum, something better preferred.

My biggest gripe is BPs in the upper levels. I think it's a rare player who can get deep into lvl 3 who needs BPs. And even less likely that they will get the BPs they need...

The BP / Gate prize for encounter 4 of lvl 4 seems partiiculary bad.

Otherwise I'm OK, not enthisuastic mind you, but OK with most of the other prizes.

*'Average' I hate to use the word but I can't think of a better word. Take Tribal Square. A few are fine, some really love them. A dozen are interesting, but eventually folk get to the point where they realize that upgrading or storing is not needed because you know you will win a functional replacement in a week or two in GE. I'm hearing talk from Guildies who don't have room for all the Terrace Farms they are winning...

Same for a lot of the prizes in the Historical Events. Reasonably good stuff, but there are functional equivalents for a lot of them. Something as good will come along soon.

That's why Stor Building is not anywhere near as good as when it came out.

DeletedUser27889

*'Average' I hate to use the word but I can't think of a better word. Take Tribal Square. A few are fine, some really love them. A dozen are interesting, but eventually folk get to the point where they realize that upgrading or storing is not needed because you know you will win a functional replacement in a week or two in GE. I'm hearing talk from Guildies who don't have room for all the Terrace Farms they are winning...
I have 3 Terrace Farms in my inventory I removed to put down palaces. 5 FPs are great if you can fit them but the one thing more valuable in this game than FPs is space.

Tribal Squares are good for players who are of a level they need to refine their goods, for anyone lower they just aren't worth it.

For your middle game player there really aren't rewards that are worth it apart from FPs, Renos 1 ups, Sacred Sky Watches and goods.

Store Buildings I find okay, but not needed. I use them when I would rather not toss a building but really if I NEEDED it wouldn't it be in my city? I do find them very useful during events when I can pick up, usually a terrance farm, and use that space for all I need to for that event and put the item back once the event is over.

These 2x2 decos need to go. I've been debating deleting ToR since the change. The goods and FP just seem too low to keep a 6x6 part of my city dedicated to winning them.