• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How are Player Points calculated

DeletedUser

I tried looking for the answer to this by searching. If it exists already, someone can move it.

I was wondering how the player points (if that's what they are called) are calculated? I'm talking about the points that can be found just to the upper right of your portrait, down on the neighborhood/guild strip.

I think I understand how they get the points for the pvp screen, but the points I'm asking about don't seem to add up in the same way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DeletedUser4844

You get 1 of those points for every 50 "battle points" (not battles, each troop you defeat in battle earns you a certain number of these battle points, PvP towers show you have many you earned, plus you can see how many you got at the end of each fight).

You also get 1 of those for every 300 coins or 300 supplies you produce.

You also get a number of those points for everything you build in your city, but lose that amount when you tear down the structure. How much you get depends on the structure. Generally, the more costly the structure is to build, the more points you will get for it.

DeletedUser4074

Best number of point you could get in one week period is around 40k.

The rate at which you can acquire points is highly dependent on how far along you (and your neighborhood) are in the game. As you advance you collect more resources and can defeat stronger armies, both of which will earn you more points. 20000 points is probably a good first month; by Industrial you could be getting 40000 player points from PvP alone.

DeletedUser

The rate at which you can acquire points is highly dependent on how far along you (and your neighborhood) are in the game. As you advance you collect more resources and can defeat stronger armies, both of which will earn you more points. 20000 points is probably a good first month; by Industrial you could be getting 40000 player points from PvP alone.

How is this possible. I have been playing and I don't seem to move points worth a damn. I collect 21,000 in gold per day and my score doesn't seem to move much at all. How do I do it?

DeletedUser4844

A lot of points come from fighting. If you have a pretty advanced neighborhood, where many of the people are in late middle age or later, you can probably get about 2000 battle points or more from those who mount an active defense. That translates to 40 player points, but that is from each person like that who you can defeat, each day. So if you have 40 people you can defeat like that, that's 1600 player points per day. Multiply that by 7 for a weekly total of 11200.

Also, as you advance in age, especially if you are an active player, you tend to collect a lot more coins and supplies. I can easily see folks who reach the industrial age being able to collect 120k in both coins and supplies each day. At 1 player point per 300 coins or supplies that would work out to 400 player points for each, per day, or 800 player points total per day, or another 5600 per week.

On top of that, you're probably upgrading your structures in town quite a bit. Structures are worth a lot more as you advance through the ages.

Mind you, I'm only in the late middle age myself, and I am getting nowhere near 40k points per week. But at this point it is clear to me that you get a lot more points as you advance in tech and as your neighborhood advances.

DeletedUser2145

There are players who surpass 40k, maybe even reach -nearly- 50k. But, as gwalchmai said above, you'd need to be in a high age, preferable InA, with an upgraded city, a few offensive GBs properly leveled up (by that I mean have at least some 60% attack bonus, but the more the merrier) and just hit all your neighbors everyday... You'll be flying in ranks.

But, as some others have pointed out here or there, ranking is just another statistic. It doesn't always represent how good a player is, but mostly represents how long and actively one has been hunting for that ranking. I'd suggest you do not worry much about it and eventually you'll get somewhere with it.

DeletedUser2382

if you're in a new neighborhood and everybody has only 2 spearfighters, you won't get much from fighting. If you are in an old, well established nh where 60%+ of players are CA or IDA, you have the ability to earn faaaar more. Since your neighbors are basically your competitors, it works out pretty well.

I can get about 35k week from fighting alone, and hit pretty much every neighbor every night, but only about 25% are in CA or higher. I'd imagine its possible to clear 100k/week easily in a really old, active, and competitive NH where everyone is IDA if you were top dog and had maxed out GBs.

DeletedUser26560

How is this possible. I have been playing and I don't seem to move points worth a damn. I collect 21,000 in gold per day and my score doesn't seem to move much at all. How do I do it?

Gold? There is no gold in the game. Do you mean game coin?

DeletedUser26560

You get 1 of those points for every 50 "battle points" (not battles, each troop you defeat in battle earns you a certain number of these battle points, PvP towers show you have many you earned, plus you can see how many you got at the end of each fight).

You also get 1 of those for every 300 coins or 300 supplies you produce.

You also get a number of those points for everything you build in your city, but lose that amount when you tear down the structure. How much you get depends on the structure. Generally, the more costly the structure is to build, the more points you will get for it.

Is the coin and supplies calculated by the total amounts and not by the daily accumulation?
I'm glad to see it is more for non military achievements.

DeletedUser

Gold? There is no gold in the game. Do you mean game coin?
Yes, he means coins, not gold.
Is the coin and supplies calculated by the total amounts and not by the daily accumulation?
I'm glad to see it is more for non military achievements.
The information in this thread is outdated. They changed how player points are calculated after this. Coins and Supplies no longer figure into player ranking points. Buildings in your city, battle points and goods spent/donated (not traded) count toward player ranking points.

DeletedUser26560

Yes, he means coins, not gold.

The information in this thread is outdated. They changed how player points are calculated after this. Coins and Supplies no longer figure into player ranking points. Buildings in your city, battle points and goods spent/donated (not traded) count toward player ranking points.

I guess my point score will be continually LOW then. LOL

DeletedUser31521

This thread shows up first for google search... Figured linking to the relevant info was worthwhile.

DeletedUser

DeletedUser31521

I didn't search the question sub-forum for "ranking points". I wasn't familiar with that term. I searched "how are points calculated foe" and "how are points calculated forge of empires" through google. The first had this thread very prominently and I couldn't find one with a valid calculation. The second still had this thread first, but at least had the beta thread for the correct calculation second. I thought one of the primary functions of a forum was to provide helpful information to those seeking it by a multitude of means and I figured my path was a valid one that others were likely to follow. So, I figured I would try to be helpful and provide the links. If I offended anyone, I apologize. Your link did provide a better forum link.

In the hopes that this might stay the last comment for ease of finding the correct links for others who might come in the future, here are the links again:

Forum -- https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/new-ranking-calculations.13466/
Wiki -- http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/New_Ranking_System

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29736

I didn't search the question sub-forum for "ranking points". I wasn't familiar with that term. I searched "how are points calculated foe" and "how are points calculated forge of empires" through google. The first had this thread very prominently and I couldn't find one with a valid calculation. The second still had this thread first, but at least had the beta thread for the correct calculation second. I thought one of the primary functions of a forum was to provide helpful information to those seeking it by a multitude of means and I figured my path was a valid one that others were likely to follow. So, I figured I would try to be helpful and provide the links. If I offended anyone, I apologize. Your link did provide a better forum link.

In the hopes that this might stay the last comment for ease of finding the correct links for others who might come in the future, here are the links again:

Forum -- https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/new-ranking-calculations.13466/
Wiki -- http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/New_Ranking_System

Yes I did the same search months later and got the same result that Maverick did. Thanks for the links Meverick.