• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Vingrid Map on Excel

• Thread starter DeletedUser29672
  • Start date

DeletedUser29672

I've mapped out Vindrid on an excel spread sheet.
I use it to try different layouts for buildings and such

DeletedUser29672

What do you mean "map out vingrid"? as in your city?
Its a excel spreadsheet turned into graph paper with the 64x64 square Vingrid outlined
You place building and roads - move them around to get the best use of your area

DeletedUser27889

Vingrid is the name of the world, not a city. Default cities are identical regardless of world, each person can name their own.

I don't understand the reason for this post. It's not a question, a guide, a tip or a proposal... It's just a two sentence statement that seems to have nothing to do with the world of Vingrid where it is posted.

There is a more advanced method of city planning available @ foemanager.com

DeletedUser29672

Vingrid is the name of the world, not a city. Default cities are identical regardless of world, each person can name their own.

I don't understand the reason for this post. It's not a question, a guide, a tip or a proposal... It's just a two sentence statement that seems to have nothing to do with the world of Vingrid where it is posted.

There is a more advanced method of city planning available @ foemanager.com
Well,
Being a newbie I was unaware of the FOE planner.
Thanks for the link
Much better - I was simply trying to offer help.

DeletedUser27889

Well,
Being a newbie I was unaware of the FOE planner.
Thanks for the link
Much better - I was simply trying to offer help.
The icons aren't particularly well labeled and some buildings can be difficult to find. You get used to it quickly but feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

DeletedUser37725

I believe I would rather use excel than foecity, foecity is nice looking but difficult to try experimental layouts, the graphics overhead outweighs the purpose of modeling your city in a spot where you could test different layouts. I worked on it for an hour or so and still didn't have my city complete. The interface is obnoxious and works sometimes and others it doesn't. Looking for an excel sheet already set up with most of the buildings I can download. Found this one which is a start but doesn't have a whole set of building that can be copied.
http://dasengame.com/Foe/CityPlan.php

RazorbackPirate

I believe I would rather use excel than foecity, foecity is nice looking but difficult to try experimental layouts, the graphics overhead outweighs the purpose of modeling your city in a spot where you could test different layouts. I worked on it for an hour or so and still didn't have my city complete. The interface is obnoxious and works sometimes and others it doesn't. Looking for an excel sheet already set up with most of the buildings I can download. Found this one which is a start but doesn't have a whole set of building that can be copied.
http://dasengame.com/Foe/CityPlan.php
Glad you found found something that works for you. I however, swear by City Planner. I have several versions of both of my cities going at any given time.