• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

Thanks for the work you've put into this CR. I am just now entering the HMA. I can see I made a LOT of mistakes. Hopefully I can turn the ship around. I've wasted a lot of FP... :/

DeletedUser27848

Greetings from a new player, D world. I started exactly 9 days ago, but my approach to games has always been rather 'systematic' so before I did too much damage to myself I sought out guides. Stumbled on this one and it appealed to me.

For any newbies reading this, I offer a slightly different perspective. I am playing Raven's teachings from the very beginning, bronze age even. I am currently in Iron Age and I did a few things that boosted me.

1) I applied to the top guilds in my world and got accepted by one of them. They are level 55 and clearly saw an ambitious upstart to give me a chance. +6 FP every day does not hurt.

2) I bought two starter packs which gave me a diamond boost + cultural buildings. That helped.

3) I jumped to Iron Age quickly and skipped building Zeus and Babel, was going to, but then read Raven's analysis and thought better of it.

4) Lastly I donated my FPs to guild mates who used my FP as currency and gave me Iron Age goods instead. This helped me build LoA as of today. Heavy questing generated a lot of blueprints, but using the 5 FP packs to place myself in other people's LoAs was the clincher.

Then I focused on the quests like a crazy person.

Attaching the screen shot of my city.

I do however have serious concerns moving to EMA , few reasons are:

1) Right now I can do the 6k coin quest and UBQ many times a day, can do the 15 FP once or twice a day too. In EMA none of that seems really viable.

2) I need about 180 thousand coins to change all my butchers to tanneries and I do not have the foggiest idea how to do that. Largely because of the above point, if I keep doing the UBQ then I really cannot hang on to money. If I stop and move to EMA, I still cannot do it because I wont be able to raise that cash.

3) Costs of switching all butchers to tanneries is super high, but the reward is rather meh. Right now I have 20 butcheries, I will be able to *probably* fit 26 tanneries in their place. That is an extra 3 quests.

4) Resource gathering is still very slow even with me pulling off a combined 40-50 quests a day, without being able to trade and exchanging FPs for goods from guild mates I would not have been able to pull off building the Lighthouse.

Otherwise I have no reason to stay in Iron Age anymore, but clearly torn about moving.

Anyone in D world, look me up plz, I am at 80 invites, but will accept you no matter what level you are! Will report back a bit later with progress. View attachment 5865

Very nice!

I deviated from Cosmic Raven's advice, cuz I stayed in Bronze Age, raised Zeus & ToB. I am Quest looping.
But everything Cosmic Raven says I totally believe, especially the advice to bypass stupid event buildings.

But pay attention. Every now and then an actually useful building comes along: the Checkmate Square was one.

Like I don't believe this Marilyn Monroe event is useful. I'm not bothering with it at all.

As far as the Tanneries go, to save money, reduce the UBQ. That will save you some money. And it's just a matter of slowly accumulating money, FP packs and goods until you can do the jump to EMA. Then do the 'Tech Sprint' to unlock Clapboard house and Tanneries. I forget which is the best value Cultural building of EMA, but you want that. Better yet is to get Hagia built, then you will have zero need for any cultural buildings for ages.

Hagia blueprints are what I am seeking, for that reason.

FWIW, I am in almost the exact state of development as yourself. I currently have 18 Butcher Shops.

For Happiness though, I built 4 Triumphal Arches, cuz they don't cost diamonds. Those Amphitheaters cost diamonds. I would avoid those since you paid diamonds for them, then you won't want to sell them. So don't spend diamonds on that stuff.

I've got 2 expansions left to open up, plus will gain at least one more with Medals.

I've also got to build another Triumphal Arch. I don't have adequate Happiness. I'm okay as long as all 4 are motivated, but they are always motivated.

DeletedUser28021

Greetings from a new player, D world. I started exactly 9 days ago, but my approach to games has always been rather 'systematic' so before I did too much damage to myself I sought out guides. Stumbled on this one and it appealed to me.

[snip]

I do however have serious concerns moving to EMA , few reasons are:

1) Right now I can do the 6k coin quest and UBQ many times a day, can do the 15 FP once or twice a day too. In EMA none of that seems really viable.

2) I need about 180 thousand coins to change all my butchers to tanneries and I do not have the foggiest idea how to do that. Largely because of the above point, if I keep doing the UBQ then I really cannot hang on to money. If I stop and move to EMA, I still cannot do it because I wont be able to raise that cash.

3) Costs of switching all butchers to tanneries is super high, but the reward is rather meh. Right now I have 20 butcheries, I will be able to *probably* fit 26 tanneries in their place. That is an extra 3 quests.

4) Resource gathering is still very slow even with me pulling off a combined 40-50 quests a day, without being able to trade and exchanging FPs for goods from guild mates I would not have been able to pull off building the Lighthouse.

Otherwise I have no reason to stay in Iron Age anymore, but clearly torn about moving.
View attachment 5865

Congratulations on a great start.

My advice would be to drop the UBQs entirely until you have enough resources saved for the move to the next age.

DeletedUser31096

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback! I did buy the starter pack that you get when you advance to a new age and those amphitheaters come "free". For 5 bucks I got 200 diamons, 20 FP, 1 LoA print and a great culture building. I think how much time we spend, it is probably the best bang for your buck.

So OK, I will definitely stop doing UBQ for now and then just save up. I still have a nagging concern though.

Once I get to EMA, the ability to do any quest other than '2x every 24 hour' becomes VERY hard. Spending 35 FPs or raising 15k in coin is not something we can do easily. On the other hand, waiting is not going to solve that problem either.

Guess I'll suck it up, hoard a little and move forward. In order to tech sprint to clapboard we need quite a bit of goods and FPs, in fact that is most of the burden - just doing tanneries is easy. In fact, I broke down exactly the need for Clapboard houses and I am not sure they are worth it frankly:

Outright costt to buy 15 clapboards (to support 26 tanners)
------
14k coins
56k supply

Tree
------
100 FPs
84 BA goods
125 IA goods
4 EMA goods
6,750 coins
11.5k supply

Just to get houses that provide a very marginal improvement over our existing cottage stock. Seems like a raw deal. The intangible benefit over clapboards is that you can have less of them, but then the new space will inspire you to build more tanners and then you will be forced to get more clapboard.

Similar vein, doing anything other than tanners carries a lot of cost and little tangible benefit. Shoemakers would only make sense if we could double recurring quest and pull off the double 24 hour quest, but alas, not possible in EMA.

So overall, perhaps it is time to consider moving up although it sure seems early.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29395

So here is something I was thinking above.

Other than having the resources, CR doesn't mention when to do the HMA to CA sprint (at least not that I saw).

I would suggest if you do PvP, a good time to do it might be the Monday of your neighbor-swap. I'd go further to say wait until one of the seasonal events (summer/winter/spring/fall) as they seem to keep the neighborhood from swapping longer (summer = 42 day neighborhood).
By doing it then, you should be able to maul your neighborhood as you will be one or two ages ahead. Muskets and Rangers will be available on ones way to clockmakers so you will have a decent advantage over them, at least until the next swap.

When you have the resources and when you have all the stated GB's at level 5 or higher. That's when you sprint.

As CR suggested, sprint on Monday after neighborhood swap and GE starts, and then you have the exact benefits you mentioned. The other benefit is that in GE, some of the prizes age up while the troops you have to fight in GE stay at the lower age. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28021

When you have the resources and when you have all the stated GB's at level 5 or higher. That's when you sprint.

As CR suggested, sprint on Monday after neighborhood swap and GE starts, and then you have the exact benefits you mentioned. The other benefit is that in GE, some of the prizes age up while the troops you have to fight in GE stay at the lower age. :)

I've always moved up on Tuesdays - neither the prizes nor the opponents in GE age up.

Are you sure that moving on Monday gives better prizes but the same opponents?

DeletedUser29060

Very nice!

I deviated from Cosmic Raven's advice, cuz I stayed in Bronze Age, raised Zeus & ToB. I am Quest looping.
But everything Cosmic Raven says I totally believe, especially the advice to bypass stupid event buildings.

But pay attention. Every now and then an actually useful building comes along: the Checkmate Square was one.

Like I don't believe this Marilyn Monroe event is useful. I'm not bothering with it at all.

As far as the Tanneries go, to save money, reduce the UBQ. That will save you some money. And it's just a matter of slowly accumulating money, FP packs and goods until you can do the jump to EMA. Then do the 'Tech Sprint' to unlock Clapboard house and Tanneries. I forget which is the best value Cultural building of EMA, but you want that. Better yet is to get Hagia built, then you will have zero need for any cultural buildings for ages.

Hagia blueprints are what I am seeking, for that reason.

FWIW, I am in almost the exact state of development as yourself. I currently have 18 Butcher Shops.

For Happiness though, I built 4 Triumphal Arches, cuz they don't cost diamonds. Those Amphitheaters cost diamonds. I would avoid those since you paid diamonds for them, then you won't want to sell them. So don't spend diamonds on that stuff.

I've got 2 expansions left to open up, plus will gain at least one more with Medals.

I've also got to build another Triumphal Arch. I don't have adequate Happiness. I'm okay as long as all 4 are motivated, but they are always motivated.
This event building may not seem useful now, but I'm willing to bet it is worth it one day for discounted refined goods. It is tied for the smallest footprint and I believe therefore also tied for most efficient multi production building for that purpose. Also, if you have a lot of tech/provinces available, these events tend to be worth it just for random rewards. I scored 120 diamonds from the random rewards! Of course this is only if you have a ton of these saved for that purpose as you don't want to be forced out of age to complete an event in the future.

DeletedUser26120

I'd like the answer to that too. GE starts Tuesday and it takes the age you are in into account when it starts, correct?

I know it's true if you age up on Tuesday you get same troops but relics are one age higher. Not chests though.

DeletedUser29395

I've always moved up on Tuesdays - neither the prizes nor the opponents in GE age up.

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I needed some shut-eye before typing. The relics age up, the chests and opponents do not.

So now that I've had sleep and I'm thinking straight, the entire thought is: if your hood changes on Monday, wait for GE to start, and then age up. The opponents do not age up, but if you have a TOR the relic rewards do age up. Also, the majority of your neighborhood will be an age or two lower than you, reducing likelihood of attack while also increasing your pvp wins and your plunder (if you are a plunderer).

DeletedUser28712

Hello guys! I missed the second slot of recurring quests when a bonus quest comes out of Myciena, it's making me spend goods from the industrial age, but I'm getting goods from the colonial era, where I'm parked, will the slot not come back unless I conquer the whole map of the industrial age?

DeletedUser31096

Day 15 update.

I bit the bullet and moved on to the Early Middle Ages. The IA quests for which I got diamonds: 6k gold, 6k supply, 4 archer/leggionaire, spend 15 FP, research 2, UBQ. I intentionally skipped the other army based ones and anything goat farm related due to massive space constraints and waste of resources.

I saved up some FP packs and despite my previous concerns tech rushed to clapboard. I sold off all the butchers and all the IA army buildings to make space for tanners and claps.

My new city below. The vibrant red and brick of the iron age replaced with the drab and sad of the dark ages. Oh well, such is life. I had enough resources stockpiled to replace all my housing, but you can see still working on the last tanners. Total tanner count as of now: 36.

I still cannot find many Hagia or St Marks blueprints so that is frustrating, I will also slow down my LoA which is now at level 3 and instead place my FPs into land expansions on the tech tree. You see I slightly went clapboard happy, I can easily sell another 2 claps and get two more tanners - which I may end up doing. I still have hope that the last 4 Hagia Sophia prints drop, but it will take a while as I cannot seem to find many people who are aggressively leveling their HS.

As for the quests. I cannot do the spend 25 FP nearly as regularly and the UBQ is way too expensive for now, the 15k supply will not be possible so I will stick with the tanners. There is a possibility I can introduce the shoemaker quest a bit later, but at that rate might as well just build up my gold and supplies for the eventual HMA jump. After all, that is where heavy questing shines - right now - this is just a hold over.

Day15.jpg

DeletedUser25920

Hello guys! I missed the second slot of recurring quests when a bonus quest comes out of Myciena, it's making me spend goods from the industrial age, but I'm getting goods from the colonial era, where I'm parked, will the slot not come back unless I conquer the whole map of the industrial age?

[Just to be clear the Myciena IndA bonus quest line I am referring to, does not ask to spend IndA goods; it asks to scout and conquer the bonus provinces of IndA map. If you want to negotiate them, then yes you will need to spend IndA goods]

I am afraid I do not think you can get back the 2nd recurring quest slot for Colonial age.
In principle, you need to complete all the quests of Myciena's bonus quest line (which involves conquering all bonus provinces of IndA map), and then this quest-giver slot, will again become a slot for side quests/recurring quests.

However, according to bonus quests listed in the wikia site -and I haven't tested this myself as I have been careful not to activate the Myciena bonus quest line yet in my main city, but also I have no reason to think it is wrong - it lists the quests, 12 in all, and the 12th one asks to research Modern Roads. And this is an IndA tech. So -if that list of quests is accurate- you have to progress to IndA (and research Modern Roads) in order to complete the bonus quest line. So since you will be in IndA, you cannot get back CA recurring quests (you will get IndA side quests and then IndA recurring quests eventually).

If one wants to stay in CA with 2 recurring quests slots, and they are on the IndA map, they need to avoid triggering the bonus quest line. There was a thread on this as I had asked about it, and Jaelis had helped figure out which (non-bonus) IndA provinces is safe to acquire, without triggering the bonus questline. If you acquire too many (and the wrong combinations) Myciena will appear ...

ODragon

I'm in CA with two RQ slots and Princess Myciena in a third slot. (It's on the diamond quest so working on my CF to maximize it so it is indefinitely paused.)

DeletedUser30900

Guys, been reading this thread for a while. Thank you for all the guides and answers. They are very helpful. How do you guys think about the summer Palaces set and Elephant Fountain set, do they fit HQ?

DeletedUser25920

I am still LMA and have triggered that quest.

The bonus quest is triggered when you acquire certain provinces of the IndA map, regardless of what age you are in.

I'm in CA with two RQ slots and Princess Myciena in a third slot. (It's on the diamond quest so working on my CF to maximize it so it is indefinitely paused.)

Yes but we are obviously talking about Myciena's bonus quest line, not the main story line also given by Myciena. If you you main quest giver is Myciena (from CA onwards) then when you trigger the bonus quest line you have two Mycienas.

DeletedUser27848

Guys, been reading this thread for a while. Thank you for all the guides and answers. They are very helpful. How do you guys think about the summer Palaces set and Elephant Fountain set, do they fit HQ?

No. Gargantuan space eaters...

DeletedUser30900

No. Gargantuan space eaters...
But the eastern tower is a weaker sok, I don't have enough soks so I try to use them for now until I GE the replacement, you can put 3 extra eastern towers and 3 western towers around 2 connected palace in a 14*6 space which gives you 15fps and 35 goods per day, plus good amount of coins and supply and medals, I don't think 14 "finish supply" quest can give you that, the only concer would be keep them leveling up once I ready to move up, but since I gonna stay in CA for a while, there's a high chance I can get enough one-up kits for that