• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser27184

First day of Official Plundering.
It takes a long time. Do you guys do it on automatic? Cause running 65+ fights every day is very time consuming.
I did get the classics - people with 6 Colonial troops and 60% defense (in my Modern Era city).
Though, I didn't get any FP. And little amount of goods. Its mostly coins and supplies. Hmmf.

DeletedUser26120

I usually fight about halfway then hit auto mode - basically I get the situation to where even the AI can't screw up coming out of a no-troop-loss win. The time saved per battle really adds up when you're attacking 60+ people.

Don't go for coins/supplies. If the person you're attacking has nothing good to plunder then write their name down and revisit their city. I use docs.google.com in another tab.

I usually check my target list every 25 min and it generally takes me all day to plunder something good from the majority. Best results are to be had if you can wake up around 4am central US time, start attacking then pick people off on their 6am/7am collections.

I am usually not up during those hours though so it often takes me the 10-12 hours that I'm online checking a few times hourly to get in a good plunder haul.

DeletedUser29295

I am usually not up during those hours though so it often takes me the 10-12 hours that I'm online checking a few times hourly to get in a good plunder haul.

When I am on and playing that is my own method: on Monday nights I wipe my entire hood out with tax times noted in my little book. This way I can quickly scroll down to the ones that have goods pop and never really change the time they do. Some people are smart, and have redesigned their city to change the collection time. That makes it difficult to collect from them.

DeletedUser29295

With how much defense you play as a plunderer? Is it reasonable to plunder with relevantly low defense values?

Here is my city defense right now:

Screenshot (223)_LI.jpg

And this is my A/D with the 24hr Tavern buff:
Screenshot (223).png

I am in LMA, and will be here for a while. I want to get all my A/D buildings (plus AO and Atlantis) to at least level 10 before moving up. Also want my Arc to level 15.

DeletedUser30312

With how much defense you play as a plunderer? Is it reasonable to plunder with relevantly low defense values?

I have plundered with less than 100% defense. Most people don't hit back lol.

Well, my defense bonuses are classified. I don't want to give away too much information. It's not as much as Alkayman, but it's the third highest in the hood, at my last check. A +250% defense bonus in LMA is absolutely beastly, luckily I've only faced one or two people with that in about 6 months parked in LMA. Really good defenses for the age is from +100-150%, those aren't very common, and they tend to be among the top 10 players. Typical defenses seem to range from +20-50% roughly, though some people who've raced up the tech tree have nothing, not a single Watchfire/Tribal Flame or even the Monastery. You're in ME, so I expect the numbers to be quite a bit higher, but even then you'll have neighbors that are pushovers.

Defending army also makes a difference; I've seen people with decent bonuses (up to a +64%!) wasted on a pair of Spearfighters. Even then, some people have defending armies that I find quite vulnerable; I've broken through defenses approaching a +100% without much effort. Few people retaliate anyway, though I've had some make a crack at me and fail rather epically:

WCSgxZz.png

It's really the most hardcore fighters that'll be a counter-threat to plundering and some of them will attack you anyway. I can break through just about anything with a 7 rogue + 1 attack unless they're packing somewhere over +100% on their defense and they've got CA units, particularly grenadiers, on their defense. If I need more than 2 or 3 hits to kill around at least half of their units, I'm in trouble. Usually, I save the rogues for the hardest neighbors though, and use regular troops targeted to weaknesses, or massed ranged attacks where they're really weak.

First day of Official Plundering.

Welcome to the Dark Side.

nGeFbJI.jpg

It takes a long time. Do you guys do it on automatic? Cause running 65+ fights every day is very time consuming.
I did get the classics - people with 6 Colonial troops and 60% defense (in my Modern Era city).
Though, I didn't get any FP. And little amount of goods. Its mostly coins and supplies. Hmmf.

I usually fight about halfway then hit auto mode - basically I get the situation to where even the AI can't screw up coming out of a no-troop-loss win. The time saved per battle really adds up when you're attacking 60+ people.

Don't go for coins/supplies. If the person you're attacking has nothing good to plunder then write their name down and revisit their city. I use docs.google.com in another tab.

I auto against Spearfighters with a 4 Longbow/4 Cannon combo. Anything else just wastes time, and the ranged unit mix tears them up before they can close and do damage even on AI. Once you've hit EMA/HMA, any mix of ranged and artillery will absolutely destroy the spear defense, though EMA's Mounted Archers can be kind of dumb and run into the Spearfighters' attack range on the first round which is a small problem if they can't shoot both spears dead before they can move. Even IA Archers can slaughter Spearfighters with even a modest boost to attack, though sometimes they'll take damage on AI.

Best results I find are in the middle of the hood. The top 10-20 people usually know how to defend and collect on time, though I've occasionally found soft targets in that range. The bottom of the hood, usually people ranked past about #60 tend to be the noobs, sure they got Spearfighters, but they also have crap from 4 ages back, a terrible city design, incomplete building sets, and any goods they do produce are nearly always unboosted. The middle's where you'll find the good stuff, soft defenses, as well as completed sets with their sweet plunder options, bazaars and the like, and decent goods production where no one collects on time.

It does take patience and time to live off plundering though, you'll need to revist some of the cities more than once to find something good. And take notes on what they defend with and what they have, I use a Google spreadsheet to keep track of my neighbors, among other things.

Everyone's got a weakness, you just to figure out what it is.

tumblr_inline_mnl0laHiKp1qz4rgp.jpg

(I've always been more of a Batman fan myself).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

I wipe my entire hood out with tax times noted in my little book.
I used to not bother with recording times because I checked frequently but since palaces came out I have started recording collection times for fp plunders. It helps!
The top 10-20 people usually know how to defend and collect on time
Yes, not sure if I've posted this before but I just avoid the top 15-20 altogether. Not only what you mentioned but they are also much more likely to hit back.

I think that's one reason I get hit back so rarely - because I don't try plundering the tops. Some would call me chicken but I call it smart playing.

DeletedUser29295

Yes, not sure if I've posted this before but I just avoid the top 15-20 altogether. Not only what you mentioned but they are also much more likely to hit back.

I avoid no one in my hood. If they hit back and manage to crack my defenses, then I need more work on my defense. But even if they do, I am always around for my collection times, so they would get nothing anyway. My times are based upon my RL schedule, so I almost never am late to collect.

DeletedUser27184

Status report - 2nd day of Plundering.
---------------------------------------------------
As per the instructions of Admiral Dursland ( See post 332, above) the troops were marshaled around 0400 US central time, and went on the attack at 0500. The neighborhood was breached heavily, all middle tier residents (i.e. number 21 to 60) were attacked and plundered by 0730.

Loot: 4 FP and about 40 goods.

Repeat and rinse operation in progress: to check plundering some residents who had nothing interesting.

Defensive points: 4 residents barricaded themselves with measly 175% (+/-) and managed to repel my attack. I sent them to the residential ambassador Ardak Kumerin for further encouragement.

Honor: I was awarded by Fleet Admiral InnoGames for the first level of achievement - and become an Outlaw (level 1).

outlaw.png

DeletedUser30312

I think that's one reason I get hit back so rarely - because I don't try plundering the tops. Some would call me chicken but I call it smart playing.

I take at least one crack at them if I haven't seen them before, you never know how they play if you don't. I often find at least 2 or 3 people who are good targets at the top. IIRC the guy who was #1 in a hood rotation a few months back was using spears! Also, there's just more prestige in my mind of taking on the big dogs successfully than in whacking noobs ranked at 65 or 70. Fighting weak players doesn't really help me improve my skills either.

Not taking on the top players might be one of the reasons I don't get hit often myself, since I'm up at #2 now. I'd like to get a hood rotation before I level where I'm in #1 just to bask in it. Of course I'm in LMA so there's probably fewer pros back here as a lot of players move on. You're much further ahead, and I'd imagine most of the noobs tend to get weeded out by then.

DeletedUser23772

plunder 1.pngplunder 2.png Plunder 4.png
Plundering hood, then posting what the city has left.

Attachments

• Plunder 3.png
    Plunder 3.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Plunder 5.png
    Plunder 5.png
    362.6 KB · Views: 19