• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser26965

No, Inno calls it plundering. Not the same thing.
I think I've seen it described as stealing by Inno in various places

Plunder defined typically has the element of stealing or robbing in it but usually combined with war.

Can't say they didn't warn people though;
did you know 1 - Copy.PNG

edit: Ah yes, here we go, I knew I've seen it refereed to as stealing but since I never attack I forgot where I saw it;

stealing.PNG

edit: and I have gotten the tip now as well;

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Volodya

No, Inno calls it plundering. Not the same thing.

I actually do know the English language and I can distinguish between the words "plundering": and "stealing." I absolutely guarantee you that on one of their "Did you know" welcome screens, Inno describes the act in question as stealing.

Edit: Thanks to those who pointed this out more quickly than I could.

Last edited:

Volodya

Smells of a plundering complaint. Go sit in the corner with our old friend frroossstyy so we can plunder in peace, please.

How exactly am I stopping you from plundering in peace? It's part of the game, albeit not a part I personally indulge in. Have at it. I just think it's amusing that thieves get all offended when the word "stealing" is used. Poor misunderstood thieves. It's true, I don't much like plundering myself. It happened to me once, about a year and a half ago, so I took steps to prevent a recurrence. If you're ever in East-Nagach, do drop by and give my +636 defense a whirl.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think I've seen it described as stealing by Inno in various places

Plunder defined typically has the element of stealing or robbing in it but usually combined with war.

Can't say they didn't warn people though;
View attachment 5956

edit: Ah yes, here we go, I knew I've seen it refereed to as stealing but since I never attack I forgot where I saw it;

View attachment 5957
Inno does call it stealing. One of the startup game tips, and some other obscure places that don;t vome to mind.

EDIT: Sarnathed.
I actually do know the English language and I can distinguish between the words "plundering": and "stealing." I absolutely guarantee you that on one of their "Did you know" welcome screens, Inno describes the act in question as stealing.

Edit: Thanks to those who pointed this out more quickly than I could.
Someone's gotta but yes think I say one of those "Did you know" tips say "steal" as well, I'll be sure to update if I come across with it and a nice big screenshot with you next to it lol.
Now I know how the running back feels at the bottom of one of those piles. :eek:

DeletedUser26154

It's Stealing Guys.
Stealing.
Robbing.
Being a Thief.

161dbefffcaa76f4616addc6d1744ac9.png

If you Plunder.

68d7c754c04810291ad6540c476574b7.png

You are a thief and you steal from other players to survive.

DeletedUser

You are a thief and you steal from other players to survive.
Not at all. I do it for fun. Mainly because so many victims cry rather than try to do something constructive about it. In my new city on Noarsil, I have plundered the entire neighborhood daily for at least a week, and only 2 out of 85 players have switched from the 2 Spear defense. It's like they want to be plundered. :D

DeletedUser28670

It's not Stealing Guys.
Not Stealing.
Not Robbing.
Not Being a Thief.

View attachment 5958removed due to offensive content

If you Plunder, you are collecting from off-shore production facilities.

View attachment 5959 removed due to offensive content

You are a not a thief and you do not steal from other players to survive.
The above texts are courtesty of Aardark and have been edited by Lord Muggle to emphesive points.
I'm highly offended, Monsieur Aardark. Plundering is for gentleman. I seem to remember a certain Aardak person saying something like "off-premise production facilities. Which is what it is. Plundering is collection of your off-premise production facilities and many fine plunderers practice this fine art. I'd hardly say it's stealing!
In fact, I call plundering "off-premises production facilities collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

Power like this can not be trusted.

Evil Plunderers dream come true.png

In the hands of an Evil Plunderer.

DeletedUser29295

You may call it "taxing," but Inno calls it stealing.

Call it what you wish: I call it collecting my hood tax. See, as far as I am concerned, anyone in my hood is my "enemy". Not all are the same, because some have earned my respect. I even advise them on how to better defend themselves. But I belong to a specific Guild: and unless a Guild member, Ally or friend is in my hood I am at war with them. In war, to the victor goes the spoils. And as far as I am concerned, the spoils is the tax I collect every time I kick someones troops in the teeth, leave them bleeding on the "field of battle", and take the tribute that is due me. Now you may not do this, Volodya: it is your preference. Just like there are some others here who will not. And I look at it this way: if you don't tax your hood, then I will do it for you. And get even better things because your not doing it. And this, in turm has helped my Guild more then if I cluttered my town with goods and supply buildings. My town is cluttered with GB's for war. And I love it that way.

Notice all the Thank Yous

I say thank you as well, High Lord Paladin Ardak: in the form of a funny icon hanging over the taxed building.

When I used to play D&D (back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth) my characters were always Chaotic Neutral. I think in this game it still fits me well:

Screenshot (225).png