• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Cosmic Raven's Version of Heavy Questing

ODragon

Yes but we are obviously talking about Myciena's bonus quest line, not the main story line also given by Myciena. If you you main quest giver is Myciena (from CA onwards) then when you trigger the bonus quest line you have two Mycienas.
Well, it says Story Quest...

DeletedUser29395

Guys, been reading this thread for a while. Thank you for all the guides and answers. They are very helpful. How do you guys think about the summer Palaces set and Elephant Fountain set, do they fit HQ?
I have 2 full palace sets and a bunch of extra towers. They've been a huge help in snowballing my city and building up the 8 mil coins/supplies and fp for my sprint to clockmakers. I've been able to convert those goods and fp to success in GE and stored FP via GB rewards by trading with my guild members. I wouldn't have my gb at their current level, nor would I have the bp I have if I hadn't had the palace sets for the past month. I don't yet have room for my elephant sets and extra pieces that give fps, but I'll install them after I get space in CA. a nearly 30% battle boost and extra coins and supplies will just make CA even more lucrative. Combine the boost with a ToR, then GE will become even more successful. I have not had a problem with plundering, but I collect on time, and I get an extra 12 or so quests a day out of the collections from my palace pieces.

CR likes the lord's manor, and a smaller, similar building is the reward for the next historical questline event. Definitely grab that one.

DeletedUser26120

I think the palace sets are well worth it, especially if you can link multiple palaces together with minimal decos and maximum number of towers. :)

Currently 3 palaces 8 towers in mine, have another western in inventory that I might work into the set sometime.

19 fp a day on top of the goods/coins/supplies/medals. I'm not heavy questing on this world but adding the palaces increased my coins/UBQ looping from 3-4 a day to 6+ a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28712

[Just to be clear the Myciena IndA bonus quest line .................. If you acquire too many (and the wrong combinations) Myciena will appear ...
@Lady Egwene This was the most complete answer I could expect from someone, thank you so much for responding using so much of your knowledge, it was the saddest as well, however, because I did not see this subject being addressed on RQ questions and this error drove me out of the best part of the technique Of RQ without the possibility of correcting it, this should be in bold letters and red in the text of the technique because it finished with the best part of it. very sad. TY anyway. o/

DeletedUser28712

[ There was a thread on this as I had asked about it, and Jaelis had helped figure out which (non-bonus) IndA provinces is safe to acquire, without triggering the bonus questline. If you acquire too many (and the wrong combinations) Myciena will appear ...
@Lady Egwene would it be possible for future knowledge (since this city is lost) to know which provinces it would be safe to acquire without triggering Myciena Bonus Quest? Ty in advance.

DeletedUser26120

I would like to know too, I plan to do HQing on next US world that opens.

DeletedUser25920

@Lady Egwene would it be possible for future knowledge (since this city is lost) to know which provinces it would be safe to acquire without triggering Myciena Bonus Quest? Ty in advance.

Well, loosing one recurring slot is not the end of the world. Of course it is more efficient to have two; now you are loosing the chance to do collect 2 x 1 day production, simultaneously with the collect supplies. But 1 recurring quest slot is better than nothing.

Also note, that I have not completed myself the bonus quest line, so I only go by what is written in the wikia. It is conceivable (but not very likely) that the quest listed there are not correct. I believe they are correct, but have no proof.

Here are is the link to 1st bonus quest
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/New_Frontiers

And here is the last (that asks to research Modern Roads)
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Ruler_of_the_Continent

As regards map progress and recurring quests, i had posted in a separate thread back when I was in LMA doing recurring quests but was finishing the CA map, as I wanted to know in advance what awaits me in the IndA map. Note that CR had claimed as a fact that acquiring Garrincton triggers the bonus quest line (and advised to leave it last). However that turned out to be incorrect, as Jaelis showed (with screesnshots to demonstrate it). I looked at what Jaelis had done on the IndA map, and I followed a similar approach. I have now updated that thread with my findings,as I had progressed into CA doing recurring recurring quests, and I am working on the IndA map and avoiding the dreaded bonus quest line. (Apart from throwing a spammer to the recurring quests - by taking one slot - it is difficult to complete that bonus quest line, as the provinces have high att/def bonus, and cost a gazillion goods. So it is good to delay the bonus quest line, until after one has acquired all the bonus provinces (and is in IndA tech wise), when most quest will auto-complete)
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...ap-progress-and-recurring-quests.16568/page-3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29352

The Elephant Fountain Gate sets have the same output/space as SoKs. They can be plundered so they deviate somewhat, but they are close. They (coupled with my SoKs) have tipped my city in an odd way. I have 96 clockmakers and do the HSQ 48 times. My coins are going up, but my supplies are actually going down slightly.

DeletedUser31144

Just found this guide after a month or so of game play. Didn't have a clue about quest looping before. Currently EMA with LoA, SoZ, & OBS. I rushed through research up to this point. I have research done up to last two branches so I have shoemaker unlocked and 2 built. Since I rushed through Bronze and Iron ages I'm low on goods for those levels so I have goods production for all 3 ages. Questions are:
1 - working on HS prints now. Should I wait til I have it to switch from goods to supply buildings since I'd need to keep some cultural buildings til HS prints are secured and would limited on supply buildings for questing til then?
2- in order to do heavy questing loop I'll need more supply bldgs. Do I have to go with shoemaker since I have it unlocked or would quest revert back to 24 hr production from tanneries if I got rid of shoemakers for tanneries due to lower population needed?
3- or should I just research and move to HMA and swap to alchemists and trade down for IA and EMA goods as needed?

Thanks for any opinions. Cheers

DeletedUser29395

Just found this guide after a month or so of game play. Didn't have a clue about quest looping before. Currently EMA with LoA, SoZ, & OBS. I rushed through research up to this point. I have research done up to last two branches so I have shoemaker unlocked and 2 built. Since I rushed through Bronze and Iron ages I'm low on goods for those levels so I have goods production for all 3 ages. Questions are:
1 - working on HS prints now. Should I wait til I have it to switch from goods to supply buildings since I'd need to keep some cultural buildings til HS prints are secured and would limited on supply buildings for questing til then?
2- in order to do heavy questing loop I'll need more supply bldgs. Do I have to go with shoemaker since I have it unlocked or would quest revert back to 24 hr production from tanneries if I got rid of shoemakers for tanneries due to lower population needed?
3- or should I just research and move to HMA and swap to alchemists and trade down for IA and EMA goods as needed?

Start any time, just gradually eliminate decorations and cultural buildings when you get your HS. You can still quest without a HS, you can just do it more efficiently with one.
The quests should have entries for tanneries and for shoemakers. Just build tanneries. Or, move on up to HMA, as you'll be in much the same position.

DeletedUser31144

Switching over to supply buildings. I have caravansaary, rosarium, & bazaar currently in my city. Only have one store building kit. Which of the three is best to save? and would other two be worth saving so wait til I pick up more store building kit or just trash them?

DeletedUser

You all know that Cosmic Raven ain't around any more, so you're just answering each other's questions, right? He hasn't played the game since July 4th, and he hasn't been on the Forum since June 18th. Probably got bored with the endless clicking.:eek:

DeletedUser28711

Switching over to supply buildings. I have caravansaary, rosarium, & bazaar currently in my city. Only have one store building kit. Which of the three is best to save? and would other two be worth saving so wait til I pick up more store building kit or just trash them?

I can't speak from experience building any of these, but just based on the details, out of the 3, only the Caravansary can be motivated making it safe from plundering & it's the only one that provides population instead or requiring it; however, it is usually available in the bigger seasonal events, so you should be able to pick one up when you're in a later period down the road making the use of a Store Building pointless.

Out of your choices, while the Bazaar would probably be considered the better of the multi production buildings (Rosarium the other), it is also usually available during the bigger seasonal events, so you can scrap your current one & pick another up later.

The Rosarium probably won't be available again as it was available as a prize from a Historical Questline, plus it has a decent footprint which may come into play when trying to squeeze larger & larger buildings into your city down the road. I would say though that a couple SoKs or Sacred Sky Watches would be better use of the same space unless you really need a multi production building.

DeletedUser29352

I wouldn't save any of them. Palace sets are worth storing. I have them in inventory with my cherry blossom sets.

DeletedUser28670

You all know that Cosmic Raven ain't around any more, so you're just answering each other's questions, right? He hasn't played the game since July 4th, and he hasn't been on the Forum since June 18th. Probably got bored with the endless clicking.:eek:
His absolute last post as of today.... Where did the Cosmic Heavy Quester Go? Has he been too burdened with his exceptionally ... enthuastiac supporters? Or has he collapsed under the weight of heavy questing? We cannot know for sure...

DeletedUser27184

You all know that Cosmic Raven ain't around any more, so you're just answering each other's questions, right?
Yes.
And that's the idea, CR gave the Bible, but the prophet can die. This days we have a forum to help each other. :)
He hasn't played the game since July 4th, and he hasn't been on the Forum since June 18th. Probably got bored with the endless clicking.:eek:
Or bored with endless trolling and bickering in the thread.... Hmmm.... (and I do look upon thee Mr. Longshanks)

DeletedUser29060

Rosaries is best to save. It is tied for the smallest footprint and will produce 10 refined goods/day when you get to those eras and will become valuable then. I played the event to get it just to hold onto until then.

If you aren't questing for diamonds in EMA you should just skip ahead to HMA where the production building is smaller, the goods more valuable, and where you will have a bit more land to work with. Just remember as you are collecting hma goods to trade them down 2:1 for EMA goods for hagia.

You'll also be collecting prints for saint marks from quests which you'll need as well. Just try to find swap partners with hagia/marks and trade all of your daily FP with them. It goes by pretty quickly. Good luck!