• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Help understanding Siege Armies

DeletedUser29736

I've read the wiki and several guides, and searched various posts in the forum, but unsure how to search for what I'm needing...
I'm completely new to GvG and I'm unsure how the siege armies work.
If I place my siege armies and i use armies that are also designated for my defense of my city, do I need to pick new armies for defense?
If I place my siege armies, let's ssy I use all of my mercs, do I get to rebuild new mercs in my city?
If I delete my merc camp at my city, how does that affect my siege army?
If I use armies that are unattached, do I ever get them back?

I'm sorry if this info was some place else, but I was unable to find it.

DeletedUser

If I place my siege armies and i use armies that are also designated for my defense of my city, do I need to pick new armies for defense?
Yes.
If I place my siege armies, let's ssy I use all of my mercs, do I get to rebuild new mercs in my city?
If they are Mercs that you trained in a barracks, yes. If they are unattached Mercs, no.
That is a good question. I would say that since you don't get the siege army back anyway, it would still be intact even if you delete your barracks. Unfortunately, that is only an educated guess.
If I use armies that are unattached, do I ever get them back?
No. Once you place a siege army, you basically lose those troops. If you lose the siege, they are just gone. If you take the sector, they become your first defense army for that sector, so they are lost for further use except to defend that sector.

DeletedUser

Actually, now that I think about it a little more, I'm sure that deleting your Merc barracks after you place your siege army won't affect it, because once you place a siege army using troops you trained in your city, you are able to train replacements right away. So, it stands to reason that once you've placed those troops in a siege army, deleting the barracks they were attached to would have no effect on them.

wolfhoundtoo

the troops are gone when you place a siege. nothing you do to your city or your barracks will impact a siege or a defensive army (in a GVG sector) that was already placed prior to any changes you make in the city.