• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Confectionary

DeletedUser3104

The Confectionary, I held the final quest because I was about to hit HMA, and I read it was better production. I hit HMA today, finished the quest built the building but it says EMA still ?

Any ideas why that would be ?

DeletedUser

not sure but, I think it locks in the era when you accept the quest, not when you finish the quest.

edited...
it's been pointed out to me that I was mistaken, the reward is locked in when the quest is assigned. so even putting off accepting the quest wouldn't have helped, as the level of the reward building has been determined by then.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2145

Yep, what DeM2 said. I learned from my own mistakes. Next time click the 'x' and accept it once you hit the next age. :)

DeletedUser3279

Is there any talk about buildings like this upgrading? I got mine in the bronze age and it's already becoming obsolete. I don't want to delete it though because then I can't get it back.

DeletedUser

I believe based on previous discussions that the buildings are fixed once the quest is accepted, so yes, many of them are going to go obsolete. Mine will do so in a couple of days when I hit Alchemists. I'll keep it a bit longer, but that's it. Maybe they'll run the event again next Christmas and we can get a new one. Or it could be a one time only thing. I've no idea how I'll ever get the graveyard.

DeletedUser2145

There won't be any upgrading nor will these same buildings be back ever again - they're a one-time thing. But I believe there will be more special quests like these in the future that will provide similar gifts, so keep playing and be sure you'll get a prize worthy of keeping at some point (my graveyard gives 700ish happiness and that's quite big for a 3x3 square for now).

As announced in the beta spoiler forum, the next update will also present us a questline where you can trade in medals for blue prints for buildings from your age. It sure seems the devs still have a lot of cool stuff in store for us, right? :)

DeletedUser

Those types of building should go up in age.
but that's my take.
It really isn't fair to put out the quests with disparity of the ages.
Yes, while the upper ages use different things, those become meaningless as the lower person reaches that age. The bvuilding should rise up with them...
they will not change this, however, I am saddened, because my candy store at iron age will be worth less than a some other supply building by the EMA.

DeletedUser2145

I believe the whole point of each special questline is to break up the monotony and to provide a seasonal reward. If these buildings, which are far better than any you can build in your age (my LMA confectionery provides almost the same amount of supplies the Spice Trader does, the diamond supply building in the same age), upgraded as we age up, then -everyone- would keep these.

I know it would be nice, and I'd prefer them to level up as well, but then they'd lose their point. They're not supposed to be there and they won't be --- even those that got theirs in the Colonial Age will be getting rid of them when the new age is presented.

DeletedUser

I believe the whole point of each special questline is to break up the monotony and to provide a seasonal reward. If these buildings, which are far better than any you can build in your age (my LMA confectionery provides almost the same amount of supplies the Spice Trader does, the diamond supply building in the same age), upgraded as we age up, then -everyone- would keep these.

I know it would be nice, and I'd prefer them to level up as well, but then they'd lose their point. They're not supposed to be there and they won't be --- even those that got theirs in the Colonial Age will be getting rid of them when the new age is presented.
i don't know. 4x2? more than a sailmaker?
man that sounds pretty good to me.
a 3x3 though nearly the same area, is a pain to fit. But you could be right.
we might get a 6x1 railroad with overpass. Producing like 2 farms, but man, imagine fitting that?

DeletedUser

AT 25 supplies/square/hour my IA Confectionary will last 'till I can make Alchemists(LMA)
Not bad.
For all practical purposes, it's one-shot premium building.

DeletedUser3406

lol. didnt know about the game then. wish i didnt miss those. we need a valentines month one. lol (Cupid) extra happiness or extra expansions depending on Age. Early middle Ages and below 1. then increase by 1 every age after that.

DeletedUser2145

I can probably tell you that we are getting a special questline for Valentine's. At the Beta servers we got a surprise today --- there are a couple quests by different people (so far I have Rinbin, Romeo, and Juliet), but I cannot guarantee that there will be a final reward at the end. There's a hint saying that one should finish all Valentine's quests before a certain date, but it might just be a line of quests, each one with its own reward, and nothing special at the end.

I'll keep you posted? ;)