• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Approximate ratio for FP for goods swaps

DeletedUser31498

Sorry I tried searching, and know it must be written about extensively, but my google skills must be lacking. I am in Iron Age, and have lots of goods through EMA (though want to use those for Hagia Sophia--one more BP). I just need one more BP for the CDM, so need LMA goods. I was hoping to swap FPs for it, and asked my guild what was fair, but no one really seemed to have a good sense of it. I can offer BA or IA goods in the swap, if that matters.

thanks!

DeletedUser

A lot of players that sell the higher age goods as part of their game strategy will charge 1 FP/1 good. I have been quoted as high as 1 FP:5 goods, but that player didn't have any of the goods available, so who knows if he would have actually followed through on that quote. You can also find 1:1.5 and 1:2 ratios fairly easily. If you have a friend or guild mate/leader that is more interested in helping the guild grow in this way, you can get better deals. Some guildmates will sell "packages", such as all the goods for a Traz, for a set price. I have been offered that for a price of around 350 FP, which is probably around 5 goods per FP.

If you are really lucky and are in an extremely rare type of guild, you can even find one guildmate who will provide the goods (at 1:2 rates) and another who will pay him the FP cost. That leaves you with only coming up with lower age goods to trade. But, like I said, that is extremely rare. I have only seen it once in over 2 years of playing and being in many guilds on multiple worlds.

DeletedUser31498

Hmm if you think 350 FP/Traz is fair, right thats 5 goods per FP for PE goods. and according to the "fair trade" table http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Trading (which isn't fair i know, but good starting point), the PE to LMA ratio is 2.5:1, meaning I should pay somewhere near 1 FP for 10 LMA goods for my CdM? oof 100 FPs total then ouchies!

Hopefully someone in the guild agrees! though also i need to give them some bronze age goods to actually execute, though thats pretty meaningless I guess.

DeletedUser31498

this is embarrassing.....but what is the global chat? like scroll down and click on my World and enter the question there?

DeletedUser

If you are on mobile, you don't have global chat. If you play on PC, it is in the upper right corner of your city screen. Right under your medal count, there is a little icon of a head with a word bubble. Click on that for the drop down chat window, which should be on global by default. Once it drops down, there are tabs on the upper left of it to switch between global, neighborhood and guild chat.

And I am embarrassed, too, because I just skipped over the part where it was LMA goods you're looking for. My response was mostly regarding PE and above goods. What world are you on?

DeletedUser31498

I'm in W world. yeah just need enough for Castel del Monte at the moment. but either way any age its fairly easy to convert and get an approximate rate, so the alcatraz example was still very helpful.

DeletedUser26120

I have been giving traz goods to my guildmates for free. You could try asking a higher era player if he'd be willing to help you out like that, or at least at low cost. As long as you are looking for low-age goods in Progressive/Industrial and below, of course.

It's easy for me since I'm in contemporary era and all my wells/fountains/GBs give PE goods.

DeletedUser

I have been giving traz goods to my guildmates for free. You could try asking a higher era player if he'd be willing to help you out like that, or at least at low cost. As long as you are looking for low-age goods in Progressive/Industrial and below, of course.

It's easy for me since I'm in contemporary era and all my wells/fountains/GBs give PE goods.
Would you believe that I have offered goods to a lower era player multiple times on multiple worlds at no FP cost, and some have refused to take them? It's happening again. I don't even play W anymore, I'm basically offering him goods that would do nothing but sit there in inventory. If I could just give them to him, I would. I don't even care what he offers for them, just so he posts the trades and accepts the goods. It's surprising to me how frustrating it is to try to help people out and end up having to talk them into it. :confused:

Merciana

Some guildmates will sell "packages"

Was just wondering about this concept myself...I have seen this concept discussed in passing a few times but haven't seem to find any post that describes how this would work. What are these packages and how do they work? I'm in a guild and post trades that mostly get picked up by fellow guildies. I've never been asked to pay any FP's for these trades. Would anyone here be willing to breakdown how an exchange would work for the following scenario?

I'm in Colonial Age and would like to construct a Chateau Frontenac (I still need 2 BP's, but am working to get those). This is a Progressive Era building and have none of the required goods. So how would I go about getting these goods (obviously I could wait till I enter that age, but I don't want to wait. ;)) So how would I gain these goods? The only way I know to get goods is via the market, so would I put up items I have from the Colonial Age for the needed Progressive Era goods?

Thanks for any assistance.

DeletedUser

Generally, you work out a deal with someone that has the goods. There is normally, though not always, a donation of FPs from you to a GB of the person you are dealing with. There is also the actual goods trading, which can be, as you say, your current age goods for the higher era goods, or lower era goods (Bronze, Iron, EMA...) for the higher era goods. What the person providing you with the goods is really after is the FPs, so the goods you trade are inconsequential to them, or should be. Now, normally you will work out with the other player how many FPs you will donate for the number of goods you receive. You will receive 1-3 goods per FP from most players.

However, when someone offers a "package" deal, they usually do it for a specified number of FPs, which is generally lower than if you were doing a regular deal with someone. The specific deal I saw was 345 FPs for either a Traz or Chateau goods package. The package would be the quantity of each of the 5 goods necessary to build the Traz or Chateau.

Merciana

The specific deal I saw was 345 FPs for either a Traz or Chateau goods package. The package would be the quantity of each of the 5 goods necessary to build the Traz or Chateau.

Thank you Stephen, for these packages, are they still done through the market? So if I found someone to work this out with they would post the needed goods (say the needed Gasoline) for a lesser amount of something I have; I would accept that trade and then deposit the agreed to amount of FP's on one of their GB's? Then rinse and repeat for the remaining needed goods?

DeletedUser30943

Would you believe that I have offered goods to a lower era player multiple times on multiple worlds at no FP cost, and some have refused to take them? It's happening again. I don't even play W anymore, I'm basically offering him goods that would do nothing but sit there in inventory. If I could just give them to him, I would. I don't even care what he offers for them, just so he posts the trades and accepts the goods. It's surprising to me how frustrating it is to try to help people out and end up having to talk them into it. :confused:
I can speculate on why, perhaps, as it's happening to me right now on Beta. Our guild leader offered me a bunch of Biolight to trade for arc goods, which I happily accepted. They're now just sitting there like a lump on a log. Trades are going absolutely nowhere. I've even looked to make sure my ratios are on par with others, but across all the servers I'm on, there doesn't even seem to be a "fair trade" that's consistently being used for OF goods—they're all over the place!

So, perhaps the lower-age players are afraid of ending up in the position I am, where they're unable to trade the goods you're giving them. Just a guess.

Mustapha00

I would say that there are two distinctly different concepts here: trading for goods for an Alcatraz is one thing, and trading for goods for an Arc or some other greatly advanced GB is another.

I play on five worlds and, on four of them, my Guilds have a standing offer, with respect to building an Alcatraz, that they will trade one good of Alcatraz Age for two goods of whatever the highest Age you can produce, no Forge Point involved. I would think that the players in my Guilds would be embarrassed that someone would demand FPs be added to the deal.

Now The Arc, on the other hand.....while I want to build one and am only an Age or two away from being able to begin to produce the goods I need, I've not really pursued any deal personally. Other players have done so, and the ratio would seem to be 2 FP plus 2 goods of your Age for 1 Arc Age good. If my Math Fu is up to snuff, that would mean 3750 FP plus 3750 goods of your age for the 1875 goods necessary to build an Arc. While I would dearly, dearly love to have an Arc, nearly 4000 Forge Points isn't a price I'd be willing to pay. Nearly 2000 is bad enough. But I concede readily that some players produce and amass more FP at a faster rate than do others, so maybe the cost is more easily borne by players who know better how to build their FP reserves more quickly.

DeletedUser

Thank you Stephen, for these packages, are they still done through the market? So if I found someone to work this out with they would post the needed goods (say the needed Gasoline) for a lesser amount of something I have; I would accept that trade and then deposit the agreed to amount of FP's on one of their GB's? Then rinse and repeat for the remaining needed goods?
Yes, they are still done through the market, but the lower era player (or the player with the lower era goods) MUST post the trades. If the player with the higher era goods posted the trades, someone would snap them up pronto. :D

DeletedUser

So, perhaps the lower-age players are afraid of ending up in the position I am, where they're unable to trade the goods you're giving them. Just a guess.
No, that hasn't been the case on the issues I've had. I have offered the specific goods they want/need, but told them they didn't need to pay me FPs, and they say, "Oh, I can't accept that, that's too generous."

DeletedUser27184

I play on five worlds and, on four of them, my Guilds have a standing offer, with respect to building an Alcatraz, that they will trade one good of Alcatraz Age for two goods of whatever the highest Age you can produce, no Forge Point involved. I would think that the players in my Guilds would be embarrassed that someone would demand FPs be added to the deal.
In my guild we help with lower GB's (Alctraz, CF and such) goods without any FP exchange involved.
Arc/AO will need a FP donation with it (with lower rates then the general chat).

DeletedUser31498

No, that hasn't been the case on the issues I've had. I have offered the specific goods they want/need, but told them they didn't need to pay me FPs, and they say, "Oh, I can't accept that, that's too generous."

I confess it was me. Honestly I feel bad taking something for nothing!! it's too generous i just couldn't bring myself to accept. And if I had my parents would be disappointed in me. A "fair" trade, and I'd love to to business with you! I ended up paying 100 FPs for the CDM goods, and believe me I do wish i had 100 more FPs, but youre too nice!

DeletedUser31498

I would say that there are two distinctly different concepts here: trading for goods for an Alcatraz is one thing, and trading for goods for an Arc or some other greatly advanced GB is another.

Now The Arc, on the other hand.....while I want to build one and am only an Age or two away from being able to begin to produce the goods I need, I've not really pursued any deal personally. Other players have done so, and the ratio would seem to be 2 FP plus 2 goods of your Age for 1 Arc Age good. If my Math Fu is up to snuff, that would mean 3750 FP plus 3750 goods of your age for the 1875 goods necessary to build an Arc. While I would dearly, dearly love to have an Arc, nearly 4000 Forge Points isn't a price I'd be willing to pay. Nearly 2000 is bad enough. But I concede readily that some players produce and amass more FP at a faster rate than do others, so maybe the cost is more easily borne by players who know better how to build their FP reserves more quickly.

THats insane. on another thread it seems the going rate for an Arc is about 1,300 FPs