• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

DeletedUser31392

Less pop- more tanneries. More pop- less shoemakers. Simple!

Guess it all depends on the coin:supply ration you are producing. If you are trying to continue doing UBQs an even distribution is crucial to completing more of them daily. If your lopsided and have 2mil supplies but only 200k coins you won't be able to get as many of those done.

Though it may end up evening out in EMA.

Tanneries have a 6pop/square
Shoemakers have a 8.56pop/square

Tanneries have a 90production/square
Shoemakers have a 116.667production/square

Algona

If your lopsided and have 2mil supplies but only 200k coins

I think when he gets SMB he'll start to even out on Coins.

I've always thought SMB was one of the top GBs. (I rate it around 7th or 8th,) But a recent perusal of my Guild showed a lot of fairly advanced players didn;t have it. Maybe I'm missing something?

Someone should sraer a debate on it in the Forge Hall, kinda like the recurring Hagia threads.

DeletedUser31392

I think when he gets SMB he'll start to even out on Coins.

I've always thought SMB was one of the top GBs. (I rate it around 7th or 8th,) But a recent perusal of my Guild showed a lot of fairly advanced players didn;t have it. Maybe I'm missing something?

Someone should sraer a debate on it in the Forge Hall, kinda like the recurring Hagia threads.

I'll have to take a look at that section then. I find Hagia to be hotly debated amongst my peers in Sinerania. I personally find it to be a valuable GB. It is currently level 7 and provides more than enough Happiness for my current city, and even when I had 10 HMA goods buildings it covered the population/happiness required to have them all operational.

Others claim it to be a waste because the happiness benefit can be gained elsewhere and to make up the fp investment for level 10 would take over a year to gain back.

As for SMB I find it very valuable, especially early on when coins can be harder to come by. In one of my IA cities I plopped down an Arc, Chat and SMB all at once. My supply count was over 1mil (without LoA though I need it now) and my coin count hovered around 200k. Only 2 weeks later and my coins have caught up, and another week will greatly exceed my supplies. And it's only level 2

But I do see some argue that it is not worth it, and have even seen a few say they deleted a level 5 or higher SMB because it was useless. Bizarre.

DeletedUser31392

An update on my world 1 week in.

Floating around 140k-150k coins, 5k-8k supplies.
600+ BA goods, plus IA goods to build LoA.
45 medals, and purchased the 200 medal Victory expansion earlier this week.
38--5fp packs

I've won 533 battles, and plundered 399 buildings.
Aided over 10k players now as well.

ToB is 74/150 to level 4 as well.

Ran out of larger Guilds to join/Aid/leave so progress on the "collect coins" quest has slowed. I do UBQs every time I cycle through quests as well, which is why my supplies are not as high, along with spending on dead Spearfighters. I've gained 67k points in he PvP tournaments with the 2nd/3rd places only at 11k

In 1 week my player ranking score also raised by over 1500%.
Full set of Zues prints
1 print away from LoA
2/3 of both CdM and Hagia prints.
5/9 of both CoA and SMB prints.
1-2 prints of Cape, Chat, FoD, RAH, Traz and Atlantis. (And various others including a near full set of ND, Col, Capital, Deal and StB, and 1-2 each of Atom, Hab, and Needle)

If my numbers keep up like this in 3 more weeks I can be looking at an additional:
~120 fp packs
~750 medals
~2000 BA goods
800 more Bar fps, which should raise ToB to level 7, potentially level 8/9 depending on how many donors I can get.
Full sets of Hagia, CdM, CoA, SMB, and near full sets of the others.

I am considering holding out on aging up until I have a level 10 ToB and level 3 LoA, depending on how the Events go and the rewards given.

DeletedUser27848

Ok, I am sitting on 30 Tanneries, 12 Clapboard houses.. the aforesaid 5 Rogue Hideouts, Sundial Spire, 2 Victory Towers, Zeus, Hagia Sophia, ToB, LoA.

And I have reserved a 6x6 space for St.Marks.

I'm at just over 1,000 Medals and need 2,000 for my next expansion. I am not moving from EMA for a long time. Going to get St.Marks built and several hundreds of all EMA goods, plus I want at least 1 Champions Retreat of EMA vintage. So I could be here through the Christmas Event... but I'm a patient man.

DeletedUser31592

You'd progress more efficiently if you listened to advice. :rolleyes:
Have fun with those 30 tanneries. Your approximate lost supply count between now and Christmas, factoring in a 20% happiness boost, but no other boosts. (Numbers are estimated since we do not know the exact dates when the Winter Event will run.) Based on 30 tanneries vs. 30 shoemakers.
Daily- 90,000 supplies
8 Hour-129,000 supplies
4 Hour- 174,000 supplies
1 Hour- 420,000 supplies
1 Hour- 690,000 supplies
5 Minute- 1,050,000 supplies

If you get the Pavilion from the Gandhi questline,
Daily- 97,200 supplies
8 Hour-154,800 supplies
4 Hour-187,920 supplies
1 Hour- 453,600 supplies
1 Hour- 745,200 supplies
5 Minute- 1,134,000 supplies

Oh, and I guess I'll factor in your LoA. I don't know your LoA's level, so I went with level 5.
Daily- 189,540 supplies
8 Hour- 199,000 supplies
4 Hour- 226,050 supplies
1 Hour- 490,692 supplies
1 Hour- 755,589 supplies
5 Minute- 1,123,544 supplies

And, then there are motivated buildings- so go ahead and double those.

Realistically, you are going to sleep, so the 5 minute times are not practical. But even if you just go by the 24 hour productions to get the recurring quest, double it for motivation- you just voluntarily gave up a half a million supplies. While that is nothing for players at higher levels, it is a heck of a lot in LMA.

But whatever. I tried to tell you shoemakers were more efficient...

DeletedUser28670

Realistically, you are going to sleep, so the 5 minute times are not practical. But even if you just go by the 24 hour productions to get the recurring quest, double it for motivation- you just voluntarily gave up a half a million supplies. While that is nothing for players at higher levels, it is a heck of a lot in LMA.

You don't understand the guide.
Shoemakers might be more efficient by supplies but the more tanneries you have the more RQs you can do.
Now you might say "Oh it's just a tiny bit of population difference!"
That doesn't matter, it will add up.
Reccuring Quests are the center of this strategy.... NOT supplies. We don't care about supplies. If you are following this guide you will mostly if not never have a obstacle in the game due to Supplies.

LET ME REPEAT SUPPLIES ARE NOOOOTTTT THE CENTER OF THE STRATEGY RECCURING QUESTS ARE!

Algona

In the spirit of Glatg... (and why yes, he did appoint me his successor._

Folk, it;s about experimenting. You don't like how someone else does this try it on your own. Glarg gave us a plan to fet a GB fast. What you do after that is your business.

Asking for advice is way cool. Cramming advice down other folks throats, not so much. And yeah, I'll cop guilty to that.

I'M HMA and done experimenting with this technique. Now I'm using that city for other experiments. Two different ones bubbling - ramping up attack GBs to see how they effect HMA GE and playing around with self leveling GBs, something I always thought was kinda brain damaged, but is yielding interesting results alrhough it's only a couple levels on lower level GBs so far.

An update on my world 1 week in.

flipping awesome.

DeletedUser

You don't understand the guide.
Shoemakers might be more efficient by supplies but the more tanneries you have the more RQs you can do.
Now you might say "Oh it's just a tiny bit of population difference!"
That doesn't matter, it will add up.
Reccuring Quests are the center of this strategy.... NOT supplies. We don't care about supplies. If you are following this guide you will mostly if not never have a obstacle in the game due to Supplies.

LET ME REPEAT SUPPLIES ARE NOOOOTTTT THE CENTER OF THE STRATEGY RECCURING QUESTS ARE!
This is not the HQS guide. Let's keep that crap there, since we're no longer allowed to provide a different perspective on that thread.

DeletedUser27848

JCera, I have zero interest in the stupid Pavilion from the Ghandi quest... I have 2 Cider Mills and all the upgrades and I'm not using them either. I will eventually.

For now, I'm rocking Loop Questing, which for EMA is Tanneries. I couldn't give a rats rear, about all the stuff you typed there.

Nice effort though...

DeletedUser31592

JCera, I have zero interest in the stupid Pavilion from the Ghandi quest... I have 2 Cider Mills and all the upgrades and I'm not using them either. I will eventually.

For now, I'm rocking Loop Questing, which for EMA is Tanneries. I couldn't give a rats rear, about all the stuff you typed there.

Nice effort though...
Great attitude. Best of luck. Have fun clicking the abort button ;)

I'll be sure to never offer advice or anything again, given your outstanding attitude and profane language. Is that a violation of the TOS/Forum Rules? Pretty sure it is. Here is the link since you are obviously unaware. (My parting advice, I suppose.)

DeletedUser12620

For now, I'm rocking Loop Questing, which for EMA is Tanneries. I couldn't give a rats ass, about all the bullshit you typed there.

Nice effort though...

Ouch :eek:

DeletedUser27848

So for the record, as of Oct 8:

I had space allocated for St.Marks, but need to trade up for the goods anyway, so today I built 1 more Clapboard House, in order to have sufficient population to build 2 Jewelers.
The Gems I get from those will speed up acquiring the trade goods for St.Marks.
As soon as I get all the goods for St.Marks the 2 Jewelers will be sold, then St.Marks will fill that space.

Meanwhile to update: 30 Tanneries; 18 Clapboard Houses; 2 Jewelers; 5 Rogue Hideouts; 1 Sundial Spire; Hagia Lvl 6 38/380; LoA Lvl 5 224/290; ToB Lvl 5 59/270; Zeus Lvl 6 20/330; 2 Victory Towers.

I have complete blueprints for St.Marks, CDM, CoA and a few 'un-mentionables'...

As soon as St.Marks is up, I will begin the process of acquiring goods for CDM.

I am not interested in opinions. Simply going about my business, working out something that I want to try, and honestly reporting my 'progress', such as it is.

Thank you.

DeletedUser

I am not interested in opinions. Simply going about my business, working out something that I want to try, and honestly reporting my 'progress', such as it is.
And why do you think we care about your progress? Never mind. The truth is that we don't. The thread is about getting your first two Great Buildings in less than a month, and since you already have 4 GBs, your further progress is irrelevant to the topic. You're welcome.

DeletedUser27848

You'd progress more efficiently if you listened to advice. :rolleyes:
Have fun with those 30 tanneries. Your approximate lost supply count between now and Christmas, factoring in a 20% happiness boost, but no other boosts. (Numbers are estimated since we do not know the exact dates when the Winter Event will run.) Based on 30 tanneries vs. 30 shoemakers.
Daily- 90,000 supplies
8 Hour-129,000 supplies
4 Hour- 174,000 supplies
1 Hour- 420,000 supplies
1 Hour- 690,000 supplies
5 Minute- 1,050,000 supplies

If you get the Pavilion from the Gandhi questline,
Daily- 97,200 supplies
8 Hour-154,800 supplies
4 Hour-187,920 supplies
1 Hour- 453,600 supplies
1 Hour- 745,200 supplies
5 Minute- 1,134,000 supplies

Oh, and I guess I'll factor in your LoA. I don't know your LoA's level, so I went with level 5.
Daily- 189,540 supplies
8 Hour- 199,000 supplies
4 Hour- 226,050 supplies
1 Hour- 490,692 supplies
1 Hour- 755,589 supplies
5 Minute- 1,123,544 supplies

And, then there are motivated buildings- so go ahead and double those.

JCera, keeping an open mind, I decided to check up on the Shoemaker vs the Tannery.

Of course you are correct in that the Shoemaker produces more supplies, in a 24 hour period than the Tannery; Shoemaker produces 1,050 vs 810 for the Tannery. Is that +30%?

But what matters in the strategy I'm after is this: the only available recurring quest I can do with the Shoemaker is the 'Collect 15,000 Supplies'. Assuming every one of my 30 Shoemakers was motivated, which would boost the production up to 2,100 supplies, I'd end up fulfilling 7 recurring quests.

With the Tannery recurring quest, 'Produce 2 Bear Hides', I will be able to complete 15 quests.

So with the Shoemaker, sure I would get 30% more supplies, but I'd get half as many quest rewards. Factor that over 30 days (assuming one spent a full month in EMA) and that is a significant difference in quest rewards. Remember, it is the quest rewards we are after!

Every time I collect the Bear Hide recurring quest, I'm scoring supplies. I will not be short of supplies.

So that's the reason for the Tannery; 15 quest rewards vs 7.

With all due respect, Imp...

DeletedUser31592

I did ask anyone trying this out to post their results. So your we doesn't include me...

I think results are important so that folk can know whether or not Glarg's technique works. I'm also quite interested in any expereiments people try while usin this.

I started two cities at once. One following this guide as exactly as possible, another building a well rounded city as I normally would. (Well rounded meaning 2 of each goods building I had a boost for, some military, some supply buildings, some houses, etc...) All buildings serviced by roads. I did guild-hop, because that early on, it is hard to be effective in GE or GvG, and Guild Hopping can set you up for success down the road. I did not rely on 24-hour recurring supply quests in my 'well rounded' city. I did not build a SoZ in either city, so I'm not exactly sure which city COULD have gotten two GBs first. However, my well rounded city ended up with the LOA and TOB two days before the one using this method (13 days for well-rounded, 15 days for this method). I kept the experiment up for a month. My 'well-rounded' city had far more supplies, comparable goods*, comparable coins. The big difference- I had way, way more FPs in my inventory in my 'well-rounded' city, because I pushed it to the Iron Age and started contributing to Great Buildings for rewards. (We are talking over 300 FPs stored up compared to just the 50 or so I earned from quests.)

So, the method worked. Effectiveness would vary based on playing style.

*Regarding the comparable goods- the city using the method outlined in the guide had far more Bronze Age goods. The goods were also much more 'even', requiring less trading. My well-rounded city had more Iron Age goods, and less Bronze Age goods. The goods tended to be more lopsided, favoring the ones I had supply buildings for. Overall total goods were about the same, with my method being slightly less. But if I were to trade the IA goods down, since the rate would be 2:1, I would have ended up with more.

Last edited by a moderator: