• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] points

DeletedUser3490

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you acquirw points? Is it attack related or do you get points for everything?

DeletedUser

1. Kingdom construction. Each building/road/decoration/etc that exists is worth some amount of points. Those values can be found in Guides & Questions
http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...tics-regarding-buildings-and-their-production
You'll see that an Iron Age cottage is worth 34 points, a Shoemaker is worth 117, and so on.

2. Collection of Coins and Supplies. For every 300 coins or 300 supplies you collect, you get 1 point added to your player points total. By the way, I've found that the points total displayed on your thumbnail is not updated right away; the best way to see accurate data is to use Global | Global Ranking. Those values seem to be updated instantly, while the thumbnails are only updated periodically.

3. Battles. Whether PvP or PvE, for every 50 battle points earned you get 1 player point added. So the typical 200 point victory over 2 Spearmen would earn you 4 player points.

So, those players ranked higher than you with fewer battles and smaller cities may have just been collecting coins and supplies steadily for a long time. They may also have done battles with higher point totals (like the PvE battles to win sectors). And they may just simply have buildings that are point-valuable (for example, the Graveyard is worth 700 points!).

shamelessly lifted straight from a post by Balloontwister

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks DeM2, you rock.

When someone rocks, or you agree with them, make sure you give them some reputation points! DeM2 certainly deserves the kudos. Actually, come to think of it, our entire staff here deserves some serious credit for all the work they put in.

DeletedUser3789

Question to the PvE natt;e points:

I know 50 battles gets you 1 player point but when you get the pve points for each battle like 200 points average when you beat someone with only 2 defenders up, how do those stack against your player points? Obviously 200 pve battle points in a pve tower doesn't give you 200 player points so do they count towards the player score at all or only pve battle towers and tournaments?

DeletedUser2145

No no, GrowVIC, not 50 player battles but 50 battle points. For example, you get 216 battle points for 2 spearfighters (the scenario you mention with the 2 defenders). That means you earn 4 ranking points and get 16 battle points "stocked", waiting for you to win another 34 battle points in order to give you 1 additional ranking points.

So yes, even though very little, these battles do count. :)

DeletedUser

I have been happily playing the game without taking too much notice of the points system until our Guild emphasised point gathering. I understand research completion doesn't give points but building those released do. I just released Extraction from IA, it took ages to collect the supplies for it seems a pity that some points are not allocated to so much effort. My question is: I was keeping a sharp eye on my points which actually went down 271 points in total on release of Extraction then regained the original figure. Is this a bug?

DeletedUser

no, building a structure will give you points. Removing that structure takes them back. The idea is that you gain by building higher point buildings and expanding your town to fit more of them.

If your trying to gain points faster, PvP and higher collections of coins is probably going to advance you faster.