• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

You must re-level a Great Building.

DeletedUser26154

6 battles and just enough barracks for a city defense.
Been in iron age for what, at least two or three months, without a single supply or goods building?

DeletedUser12620

This obvious push account on Rugnir has been camping quite a while.

This is one of my cities that are behind the rest due to me mostly just collecting, aiding, and trading. I run 21 cities in the game to loop Quest and GE for diamonds that will be stored for the next new world. How can you blatantly accuse me of being a push account?

Don't personally attack me just because I agreed with someone who disagreed with your proposal. There are diamonds to be won than to sit around pushing someone in R.
no-empirical-evidence-g-t-f-o-thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ta 152H

I don't think the idea was really intended to be taken seriously, as anyone with any game design knowledge knows that where reality and fun clash, fun has to win. This isn't a world creation simulator, and will not be used by scientists to confirm or deny theories. It's a game. That type of change would not be fun, because it penalizes players for playing the game properly. Someone with a Zeus or Babel will normally have to build those GBs in a very limited space, and it is entirely plausible they may wish to move it to a location they did not possess when they constructed it for the first time.

I'm sure the author knew this, and put it out there for a reaction. And he got one. Even so, I think there is some merit. Obviously having to rebuild it from scratch is too extreme, but something less painful like the GB not working for a period of time (based on age) every time it is being moved/reconstructed could add a new challenge to the game, without being unduly punitive. It would reward players with a better overall scheme, and penalize those would constantly move things due to neurosis, or bad planning. At the same time, if you move it one time, the penalty isn't a big deal, unlike rebuilding it.

I'd say 3 hours per age would be pretty good. This way you'd penalize people who had little land to put their GBs on far less, while at the same time, strike a blow against neurosis and bad planning.

I think even this won't fly, because most players like it easier and easier (or at least think they do), but I think it is at least in the realm of sanity.

Freshmeboy

I would disagree with that TH152H.... The game has a set number of expansions in it's design, and city design and restructure is at the core of the game...many players complain about the lack of space to build new buildings and the biggest challenge in the game is rearranging your city to accommodate new event buildings and larger buildings as you rise in age. Adding a penalty to the most basic part of the game is counter productive, could stall growth and just plain unfair to the gaming population at large. Again, that's a no

Ta 152H

I would disagree with that TH152H.... The game has a set number of expansions in it's design, and city design and restructure is at the core of the game...many players complain about the lack of space to build new buildings and the biggest challenge in the game is rearranging your city to accommodate new event buildings and larger buildings as you rise in age. Adding a penalty to the most basic part of the game is counter productive, could stall growth and just plain unfair to the gaming population at large. Again, that's a no

If you design well, it's not a big deal. I almost never move my GBs, as I know when I put up my city where they are going to go. And I expand with that in mind. Again, a light penalty isn't a big deal, and I think would make people think a bit more about design in the first place, so they aren't moving them constantly. And that plays into what you are saying, design is an important part of the game. If you're moving stuff every day, you'll quickly learn better ways of improving your city without constant revisions. Yes, it is possible.

Should someone lose all their levels? Of course not. A light penalty though I think would be a good incentive to give things a bit more thought, so the penalty isn't an ongoing one, and by that measure, a serious penalty.

But, I like the game harder, not easier. A game without challenge is boring. So, the more difficult you make it, the more I like it. I know this puts me at odds with most players, who think they want it easier. Except, really, many don't, and will find additional difficult stimulating.

DeletedUser26154

A game without challenge is boring.

In order for a Proposal to sail through, it must have broad, universal appeal and support.

download (1).jpg

As the opinions roll in, it seems this idea was deep-sixed during committee.

DeletedUser29530

In the real world, we don't spend "Forge Points" in our great buildings in order to improve their ability to make troops appear out of thin air.

Inno has multiple games where moving buildings is a huge part of them. They also compete with a lot of games that allow you to move objects. You're basically asking them to shoot themselves in the foot, because you think a fantasy phone game requires you to respend "Forge Points" (not even the building supplies, but "Forge Points") in order to be more realistic. Maybe go play "Skyrim"... wait, scratch that, it has magic, how immersion breaking!

DeletedUser29407

Proposal
Every time you move a Great Building, it's level counter resets back to 1.

Current System
A player may unrealistically move a Great Building, from it's foundations, to a new location.

Details
Everyone can agree that moving a Great Building is silly, and must be rebuilt.

Abuse Prevention
None.

Visual Aids
index.php

Conclusion
It's only logical.
What about that guy with a level 100 cape that needs to redesign his city?