• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

My Arc suddenly dropped from level 52 to 28???

• Thread starter DeletedUser27184
  • Start date

DeletedUser28503

Like Manda the first has shown above I don't think anyone on the US Server knew about it. It was clearly going on for weeks on the French server though. I agree they went about this "fix" badly but I still can't grasp why they would hit people's GB here if no one was doing it?
Because they can. DUH its Innonomics silly

Volodya

In my opinion the entire game needs a roll back to right before the “patch” was implemented. They should also shut the entire game down for enough time to adjust the values of players that actively engaged in this exploit and have their personal GBs and FP pack pools be reduced back the numbers they had on the 8th as punishment. It should be pretty clear from game log statistics who was actively engaged in growing an Oracle to ridiculousnlevels and delete it over and over, and determine who was contributing massive amounts of fps into Oracle GBs to engage in the exploit.

The “patch” that was inplemented was not well thought out and players need answers and to feel like they are not cheated.

Massive failure in the PR department =\
You're right, a complete rollback would be a way to undo the damage. Hard to imagine them doing that though. Support would be absolutely swamped with tickets from players who don't pay attention to the forum or to GB levels but who suddenly couldn't play the game at all.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31392

You're right, a complete rollback would be a way to undo the damage. Hard to imagine them doing that though. Support would be absolutely swamped with tickets from players who don't pay attention to the forum or to GB levels but who suddenly couldn't play the dame at all.

A simple message attached to the login screen stating the game in under extreme maintenance and will be fixed and restored shortly. I think that would help. Explaining it’s a large issue and point them here to the forums so they know what happened. And send an in game message explaining the issue and the roll back to all players so everyone understands what is happening.

DeletedUser23307

One of my Mates on N just lost 30 something levels on his Arc. I think Inno just saw he was growing fast and punished him for it with no reason or indication that it was tied to the Oracle abuse potential.

We have had mates do 7 or more levels in 1 day, this mate did 10 levels about a week ago. When Arc hits that sweet spot other big Arc mates can feed in large donations and they burn coins or saved packs and keep turning it over. To my knowledge this is not outside of the spirit of the game as it s guildmates helping each other to raise and strengthen their guild and is available to all if they have to organization and helpful spirit in their guild.

Also everyone who was invested in the current level just saw their FPs poof, investments were not returned including my own.

Lastly he had many outside investments to earn a little hear and there and the sudden drop in Arc boost meant they are now returning at less than he has put into those GBs.

DeletedUser27889

Only one day difference. Seems you're right and no one on the US server knew so why are people's GB's getting nerfed here as if there was?
@qaccy had the best guess on that. He said maybe their method was to put in a patch that anyone who rapidly leveled in the last few weeks got nerfed. Hence why were seeing so many Krakens because they were around the same time. So in other words if that were the case, pure stupidity.

They say they are working on it but they need to do more than that because obviously we did not participate in the exploit. Simply fixing it isn't going to be enough though because running the game when so many players are at half capacity is making it worse and worse as time goes by.

DeletedUser18851

My habitat dropped 29 levels, leaving me with a population deficit of over -12,000. I cannot build anything while having negative population. I also lost over 2,000 FP in packs that were invested on GB's that got wiped.

Inno will make this right or face tremendous consequences.

DeletedUser3882

My habitat dropped 29 levels, leaving me with a population deficit of over -12,000. I cannot build anything while having negative population. I also lost over 2,000 FP in packs that were invested on GB's that got wiped.

Inno will make this right or face tremendous consequences.

Hey, Don't feel *too* bad... My city was at nearly *-40k* when they nerfed the Crystal Villas last winter! Lol!!

DeletedUser18851

Oh, and ALL of the employees who designed and approved the Oracle building through all phases of development should be fired, along with the hair-brained morons responsible for punishing everybody for the sins of a few.

DeletedUser23307

Yeah, the idea of rapid GB leveling being cause for punishment is madness at best.

My mate has been working his Arc for 6 months and hit the sweet spot a few weeks ago so apparently caught up in this Oracle Debacle

Thing is this has affected his investments that mature while his boost is drastically reduced and has hit each of those who were in places on his current level.

Inno screwed the pooch here and needs to fix it quick.

Their best bet would be to go back to yesterday real fast then root out the offenders they are after by other means like maybe looking at those who had been getting rewards off of Oracle.

This "Solution" of theirs has affected players who had nothing to do with any supposed abuse of the GB which really inst abuse at all considering they implemented it to work that way rather than it being a bug in the system.

DeletedUser23307

As far as ForgeDB not showing any Oracle on Noarsil over 9 that doesnt mean people havent blown it to 90, deleted and done it again over and over. Only means at the last look they only saw 9 as the highest for N at that time.

DeletedUser26965

As far as ForgeDB not showing any Oracle on Noarsil over 9 that doesnt mean people havent blown it to 90, deleted and done it again over and over. Only means at the last look they only saw 9 as the highest for N at that time.
The entire US server doesn't have a single Oracle over level 10 as of yesterday where as the French server has hundreds level 26 and above, many 90+ as of today.

DeletedUser23307

Sure but that doesnt mean folks havent been pushing then deleting only to rebuild next time they get 5 folks together to do it again for a few hrs.

A smart person wouldnt leave the evidence laying in the city. ForgeDB I doubt scans the worlds more than a minutes long snapshot each day.

DeletedUser23307

I have been told by some that they have seen some Oracles well over 10 in Noarsil, I am just pointing out ForgeDB not showing them is no proof of anything.

qaccy

Sure but that doesnt mean folks havent been pushing then deleting only to rebuild next time they get 5 folks together to do it again for a few hrs.

A smart person wouldnt leave the evidence laying in the city. ForgeDB I doubt scans the worlds more than a minutes long snapshot each day.

I think the more likely scenario is that it simply wasn't happening at all. Nonetheless, the fix that was sent out over in France and Germany made its way here as well, with nothing but negative consequences as there was nobody exploiting anything.

DeletedUser26965

I don't know. I know the French server shows hundreds of high level Oracles and the US server doesn't show any over 10, that's all I know.

DeletedUser32064

I'm confused by this. I don't have a high level Arc but don't most Great Buildings give high Arc players lots of fp's? I mean isn't that kind of the point to having a high level Arc? I mean how much more was Oracle paying out say compared to leveling Alcatraz to level 80?

I may be poorly expressed I am bad in English

to put it simply, to rising an oracle at level 80 85 was gaining fp for all 5 players who invested in spite of losses to rise it to level 24 which allowed to delete it and start over several times and to do that you needed an ark level 80 or slightly less for the 5 players who put fp on the oracle

with 5 players having an ark level 80 (to be able to take all the rewards of the first 5 places) alcatraz will still need fp to level up, while for the oracle the rewards were too big compared to the fp needed to level up

I hope I am clearer like that :)

DeletedUser31392

I don't know. I know the French server shows hundreds of high level Oracles and the US server doesn't show any over 10, that's all I know.

I would guess the website would update hourly to give players an idea of what is happening in real time

DeletedUser23307

Well considering I trust those who told me they saw high level Oracles in cities in Noarsil recently i think the liklihood is that some had found out about it and were using it to earn FP.

Now as to if was wrong or not I wouldnt judge that, seems to me if the math works and you can earn based on what Inno has given us thats how we progress in the game.

What was wrong was for Inno to decide anyone who rapidly leveled a GB in the last 2 weeks must be cheating and punish not only them but also those who are in their orbit. I lost about 750 FP that was on the current level of my mates Arc and another mate lost 1500. The Arc owner is losing every time another one of the GBs he had invested in levels as he is getting rewards at the reduced boost instead of where he was when he made those investments.

DeletedUser26965

I would guess the website would update hourly to give players an idea of what is happening in real time
I've seen it take weeks to update. But it shows the date it was updated at the top of the page and for the US server it was yesterday 8:59pm EST so I would think if players were power leveling Oracles we would see some like we do on the French server.

US has none over level 10
http://foestats.com/us/combined/gbs/

French server was updated a few hours later November 08, 2017 02:20 (EST);
Has hundreds above level 10
Oracle de Delphes
http://foestats.com/fr/combined/gbs/

Beta November 07, 2017 16:18 (EST)
Only one player has an Oracle above level 10, it's a level 11
http://foestats.com/zz/zz1/gbs/?server=zz1&world=Dunarsund

Germany November 07, 2017 23:59 (EST)
Has hundreds above level 10
Orakel von Delphi
http://foestats.com/de/combined/gbs/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23307

Mek, from ForgeDB website

ForgeDB displays Player, Guild, and Great Buildings statistics generated from within Forge of Empires with the ability to sort and search easily. Data is not real-time and is usually updated every 24 hours, but may vary from server to server. Low-ranking and/or inactive Players are not reported.