• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Seasonal events

DeletedUser7874

If I understand correctly there's a current event going on , on beta where as nothing on the primary world. Tho I may not know how to get to beta I am trying to understand how things work from beta to alpha...
The current event is going from Nov. 1st thru the 20th ! Are we going to see it on alpha anytime soon? And if it's already here why is it that I'm unable to see it on my phone as of yet or on my pc? This doesn't make sense as to already receiving messages saying not to worry about all the mini games and that not all rewards are worth it. So obviously someone is playing the event that I'm not seeing and I was wondering when I might be able to see it and play in order to get some of the rewards before the events is over!

DeletedUser31592

Beta is a completely different 'world' used to test things out. They are looking for bugs, glitches, and other problems before it is released to everyone. They are testing the Winter Event (Christmas) now. So you can see they are quite a bit ahead. This gives them time to fix anything and adjust quests and prizes if need be.

You can start a new city in Beta. You have to click the flag icon on the sign on screen and select Beta. It will be a new city from scratch.

DeletedUser27889

If I understand correctly there's a current event going on , on beta where as nothing on the primary world. Tho I may not know how to get to beta I am trying to understand how things work from beta to alpha...
The current event is going from Nov. 1st thru the 20th ! Are we going to see it on alpha anytime soon? And if it's already here why is it that I'm unable to see it on my phone as of yet or on my pc? This doesn't make sense as to already receiving messages saying not to worry about all the mini games and that not all rewards are worth it. So obviously someone is playing the event that I'm not seeing and I was wondering when I might be able to see it and play in order to get some of the rewards before the events is over!
Me thinks you don't understand the terms 'beta' and 'alpha' in regards to testing.

Alpha is first line testing. If inno has an alpha test server, they are mum on the topic. Alpha testing is most likely done by the devs in sandbox mode.

Beta testing is the stage most typically done prior to release. Inno has an international beta server. Winter event is currently in beta testing phase on the beta server.

Live is not 'alpha'. Live is the last stage in release, the US server is a live server.