• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser32348

Here's a question for the Mods (if they can answer it)

Yesterday my DC was pretty easy, and the payout was the second lowest. Today the challenge is more difficult than any timed challenge I've seen in the game... Is there any correlation between the difficulty and the daily payout? Or is it (as I fear it is ) random on both accounts?
RANDOM it is

DeletedUser31440

Here's a question for the Mods (if they can answer it)

Yesterday my DC was pretty easy, and the payout was the second lowest. Today the challenge is more difficult than any timed challenge I've seen in the game... Is there any correlation between the difficulty and the daily payout? Or is it (as I fear it is ) random on both accounts?

No where near definitive but these are my DC's from 4 worlds, seems like the chest that gives only 1 prize, today an extra large supplies package is going to be easier than the other chest, Collector's Chest for me today. First 2 are supplies, second 2 are collector's:
W - Supplies.JPG F - Supplies.JPG Y - Collector's.JPG E - Collector's.JPG

Had a 3rd supplies, but finished it before taking a screenshot, I think it was visit 45 taverns, motivate 30 buildings, and activate 3 tavern boosts. I'm not 100% on those being the requirements though.

DeletedUser32348

No where near definitive but these are my DC's from 4 worlds, seems like the chest that gives only 1 prize, today an extra large supplies package is going to be easier than the other chest, Collector's Chest for me today. First 2 are supplies, second 2 are collector's:
View attachment 8956 View attachment 8957 View attachment 8958 View attachment 8959

Had a 3rd supplies, but finished it before taking a screenshot, I think it was visit 45 taverns, motivate 30 buildings, and activate 3 tavern boosts. I'm not 100% on those being the requirements though.
:)how u attached those images?

DeletedUser29623

I picked the lesser chest and got a nice pack of medals for doing a bunch of stuff I would have done anyway and burning up a couple of houses collecting dust in my inventory. I don’t actually want or need a lot of the bigger prizes.

DeletedUser27849

Gotta a ?, I had a guild mate say that he had a quest that said to delete 50 units. So has anyone seen this on Beta or on here yet.

I can't imagine that Inno would make you delete that much of your army.

ODragon

I got the Drummer school today but I'm actually pretty happy with it as I'm staying in IA and they seem pretty decent there.

Darkbox

I'm actually providing reasons as to why it's not that big a deal. People are trying to claim a short-term advantage is going to have a long-term impact, which simply isn't the case. Go back to that post. Do you think anyone's going to remember or be able to tell who had DCs early a year from now? I'm being realistic here, not merely handwaving it away. The real issue I'm seeing is people being upset about it being available to some players and not others, rather than however large or small that advantage might actually be. It was the exact same thing with incidents, and I think we can all agree that those are measurably less impactful than DCs are, yet still elicited the same response from the community over their release.

Are you aware that what is not a "big deal" for you, might be for other players? To obtusely rejecting that is the reason why some people call you a stooge...

DeletedUser32455

If Daily Challenges are new to you, we hope you'll enjoy this new twist to your daily routine :). If you wish to leave any comments, please place your comments here :).

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

Love the Daily Challenges!

I think the collect silver quest is still too high. I visit taverns multiple times throughout the day and have active friends but most of them had already come and gone before I got the daily.

I sent out a message asking for help and got some response but still was not enough to get the daily.

Very frustrating not being able to complete due to requirements by others and losing progress for it.

I still love the idea! It is a fun new addition to foe!

DeletedUser30943

How do you figure it's going to snowball?
Coming in a bit late on this one, but I can answer this readily: for quite a while, there were no events on Y world that gave Rogue Hideouts, yet some people had them. The only possible source was DCs, where rogue-related rewards are moderately common. Now, you give Rogue Hideouts to the neighbourhood bully, who may well already have or be working on an Alcatraz, and then the bully starts using those rogues beat up and plunder people to a much higher degree than is possible for a person who doesn't have rogues available to them yet. Now that rogue-using person has more goods for himself, while simultaneously depriving more people of theirs than they would otherwise be able to do, thus putting themselves ahead and others that little bit behind. Continue this over the course of weeks, since some of them clearly had rogue hideouts for that long or longer. That in itself is a snowball effect, but then you add what this person can do with the extra goods gained: namely, spend them on GE negotiations for encounters that might be too tough for them to fight comfortably, even with rogues. This, in turn, gives them yet more goodies to work with, be it units, buildings, diamonds, or what have you.

The overall effect may be small on the surface, but like a 0.1% interest hike, when compounded over time, the effect becomes non-negligible.

DeletedUser27849

Coming in a bit late on this one, but I can answer this readily: for quite a while, there were no events on Y world that gave Rogue Hideouts, yet some people had them. The only possible source was DCs, where rogue-related rewards are moderately common. Now, you give Rogue Hideouts to the neighbourhood bully, who may well already have or be working on an Alcatraz, and then the bully starts using those rogues beat up and plunder people to a much higher degree than is possible for a person who doesn't have rogues available to them yet. Now that rogue-using person has more goods for himself, while simultaneously depriving more people of theirs than they would otherwise be able to do, thus putting themselves ahead and others that little bit behind. Continue this over the course of weeks, since some of them clearly had rogue hideouts for that long or longer. That in itself is a snowball effect, but then you add what this person can do with the extra goods gained: namely, spend them on GE negotiations for encounters that might be too tough for them to fight comfortably, even with rogues. This, in turn, gives them yet more goodies to work with, be it units, buildings, diamonds, or what have you.

The overall effect may be small on the surface, but like a 0.1% interest hike, when compounded over time, the effect becomes non-negligible.

You seem to not understand the game, it is a STRATEGY game. The only person to blame if you are getting plundered is yourself. There are things that you can do as a player to try to prevent it. Everyone that has played the game has been plundered one time or another. You can help prevent this by;

1. Change up your collection time and collect on time.
2. Change your defense units each day, this will help maybe if they are using the same ones to defeat you with.
3. Increase your city defense, by using watchfires, ritual flames, GB's that have city defense and even the city defense boost in your tavern or you might have in your inventory.
4. Improve your strategy in the game, if you rushed through the ages then you made the mistake. Look at their city and see what is different about theirs and compare it to yours. If it is more advance then they 1 of 2 things, slow placed moving up or spend money getting there.
5. And most important stop blaming others for your mistakes.

DeletedUser31616

I am not seeing how to change the time in settings that the daily quests start is that out yet?
From the main desciption"
if you don't like 8 AM as the default start time of the challenge, you can change that using the little gear icon"

DeletedUser

You seem to not understand the game, it is a STRATEGY game. The only person to blame if you are getting plundered is yourself. There are things that you can do as a player to try to prevent it. Everyone that has played the game has been plundered one time or another. You can help prevent this by;

1. Change up your collection time and collect on time.
2. Change your defense units each day, this will help maybe if they are using the same ones to defeat you with.
3. Increase your city defense, by using watchfires, ritual flames, GB's that have city defense and even the city defense boost in your tavern or you might have in your inventory.
4. Improve your strategy in the game, if you rushed through the ages then you made the mistake. Look at their city and see what is different about theirs and compare it to yours. If it is more advance then they 1 of 2 things, slow placed moving up or spend money getting there.
5. And most important stop blaming others for your mistakes.
Boy, did you miss his point entirely! He wasn't complaining about plundering. He was giving an example (in response to another poster's comment) of how the advantage of having DCs ahead of everyone else could snowball. Really, if you're going to critique another player, at least know the context of their comment.

Salsuero

THIS JUST IN FROM CHANGELOG TEAM: i.e. changelog wikileak

The Lonely TREASURE HUNT DUDE (in the square box ) will be joining the BUBBLE WINDOW which contains the

REGULAR STORY LINE QUESTS
DAILY CHALLENGES
EVENT QUESTS

end of report

LOL -- nice try! Cite your source!!!