• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser32211

I got the DCs when I started playing FoE about 2 months ago. I am active on 5 worlds with my levels ranging from IA through HMA. Here are some of my observations:

The difficulty of the challenges vary. I get different challenges on different worlds on the same day. I have not seen any correlation between age and difficulty of the challenges. I often get harder challenges on my IA world than on my HMA world.

Winning battles is a frequent requirement so there is a built-in advantage to the experienced fighters. Getting battle challenges on Tuesday or Wednesday isn't too bad since I am early enough in GE that there are relatively easy battles to win. Later in the week it is a lot harder. This is especially true when you have to win several battles in a row without losing. For players like me who are not big fighters the only option is to pick on your weakest neighbors. I suspect that option will go away as I move into higher ages.

I think about what I am likely to win from a challenge and only do the ones where the likely reward is worth the cost. I think of it like the lottery: the chances of winning something really good are very low and a lot of the time I would be better off spending the resources on something else. For example, yesterday on one of my worlds the challenge included donating 110 goods from my current or previous age to the guild treasury. The possible rewards included a 5% chance of winning something I really wanted, 10% chance of winning some other things that would be helpful and a 50% chance of winning 10 FPs. I asked myself if I would spend 110 goods for 10 FPs. My answer was no that day so I skipped that challenge. On the other hand, if I got that challenge on Sunday or Monday when my guilds want the weekly GE donation, I might have had a different answer.

I recently realized that my game play is really structured around the DCs and special events. I am spending tavern silver and goods, timing supply production and doing battles to satisfy a challenge or quest instead of when it would most benefit my game progression. I also delay collections if I am within an hour or so of the start of a new DC or special event "day" in case the requirements include collections. I am wondering if I would be further ahead if I skipped the DCs and special events all together and put everything towards growing my city.

For those who actually read all of this: yes, I have way too much time on my hands.

Happy Holidays, Sam

spnnr

They will find a way to still throw in 18 Events next year.
Forge of Blacksmiths

True but chances are participation rate to claim the prizes may diminish as there maybe little to play for except an exotic set or two.

Whats interesting is that there is now pressure to do DCs as if you don't do it (as a freeplayer) the odds are you wont be as competitive as one who does it within your age.

DeletedUser24719

Sounds like most are not too happy with the daily quests. But compared to this lame winter event the rewards are better and not much harder to achieve. Bottom line is INNO seems to think spending 27 FPs to get 20 is a great reward. Sounds like a net loss to me!!

DeletedUser24719

Lord Muggie tell me how u can plan ahead when u have no idea what the next daily challenge will be. And I think u maybe forgetting about the story quests which in many cases are required to advance. If INNO would do some plannng and actually get creative for a change maybe there would not be some many complaints about these endless quests, challenges or whatever they call them!

ITown

I guess I will be the voice of dissent here:

What is remotely challenging about these daily quests? It's just a quest that requires logging in more times daily. That's not a challenge. That's just creating an extra reward for logging in a ton.

If inno wants to make the daily "challenges" challenging, they need to think outside the box and create challenges that require more than an iota of brainpower.

For example: create riddles, puzzles, hide & seek, etc.

This daily challenge quest just reinforces the same, boring, tedious gameplay that I'm sick of.

Salsuero

the rewards are better and not much harder to achieve

Is that true? I selected the chest with a large supplies package (18,000 measly useless supplies) thinking it was going to be the easier of the two compared to a bunch of special buildings I had no interest in building... just so I could get the +1 instead of the -1 toward the weekly chest. Nope. They wanted a TON of productions completed... way more than even the event quests ask for AS WELL AS wanting THREE sectors conquered. That's ludicrous for 18,000 supplies. So, your statement isn't "always" true, if it ever is. One of my guildmates sent us a pic of his quest asking for 33 4-hour productions. That's what they mean by a challenge! Some days, they'll be relatively painless, but then other days... POW... here's your -1.

DeletedUser32307

Is that true? I selected the chest with a large supplies package (18,000 measly useless supplies) thinking it was going to be the easier of the two compared to a bunch of special buildings I had no interest in building... just so I could get the +1 instead of the -1 toward the weekly chest. Nope. They wanted a TON of productions completed... way more than even the event quests ask for AS WELL AS wanting THREE sectors conquered. That's ludicrous for 18,000 supplies. So, your statement isn't "always" true, if it ever is. One of my guildmates sent us a pic of his quest asking for 33 4-hour productions. That's what they mean by a challenge! Some days, they'll be relatively painless, but then other days... POW... here's your -1.

The 33 4-hr isn't so bad once you completed it, at least you have control over it. The one that's terrible is collecting 25K tavern silver, which you have absolutely no control over. It's a prayer to god kind of quest, hoping you have good friends and you collect 2 full taverns within 24 hrs. Normally, you don't give the tavern 2nd thought but I found myself biting my nails hoping friends would show up. Luckily they did but I was worried about the potential -1.

DeletedUser27849

Boy, did you miss his point entirely! He wasn't complaining about plundering. He was giving an example (in response to another poster's comment) of how the advantage of having DCs ahead of everyone else could snowball. Really, if you're going to critique another player, at least know the context of their comment.

I didn't miss it at all, understood exactly what he said. Some players has had DC's before others didn't miss the point at all. Yes did some people get an advantage to have them than others, yes I completely agree with that point. However, I believe that has happen in a lot of aspects in the game over the years. Is it going to change nope not at all, still my response is for them to understand there is still a strategy to the game even if someone else gets an advantage. If those that spend money on the game have an advantage. Is it completely fair that they released it to some and not all, when they do their testing in Beta, no it isn't. But has life been fair, so still setup your city to prevent being taken advantage of and use the tools that are out their.

DeletedUser31592

The 33 4-hr isn't so bad once you completed it, at least you have control over it. The one that's terrible is collecting 25K tavern silver, which you have absolutely no control over. It's a prayer to god kind of quest, hoping you have good friends and you collect 2 full taverns within 24 hrs. Normally, you don't give the tavern 2nd thought but I found myself biting my nails hoping friends would show up. Luckily they did but I was worried about the potential -1.

I missed the collect silver quest by 500 yesterday. Sooo frustrating! It did inspire me to delete some friends in that city. I'm only in IA and I was ranked top-50 out of 120 friends. If I am in IA, I should be at the bottom of my friends list, not in the top half!!! I hadn't really paid attention to it.

DeletedUser27849

I missed the collect silver quest by 500 yesterday. Sooo frustrating! It did inspire me to delete some friends in that city. I'm only in IA and I was ranked top-50 out of 120 friends. If I am in IA, I should be at the bottom of my friends list, not in the top half!!! I hadn't really paid attention to it.

I would also recommend that at least the top 30 of your friends should be high level players. This will also help you later to look for GB's to chase and even find a trade partner for goods of higher ages when you are trying to build higher level GB's.

DeletedUser31592

I would also recommend that at least the top 30 of your friends should be high level players. This will also help you later to look for GB's to chase and even find a trade partner for goods of higher ages when you are trying to build higher level GB's.
Ha. This is an established world. When I revamp (currently working on a cut list), my minimum cut off will be somewhere between 1-10 million points, depending on how many spots I end up with.

The only reason this has gone unnoticed is because I stupidly opened 4 cities in a span of about 4-6 weeks. One to try something out, the one I'm speaking of because I just missed the OoD in the other and I wanted to see how it changed the game for new players (as I often guide new players). Then they opened Y and I heard all the buzz- I joined a few days later. I regretted that- missed out, so I joined Z on day 1. Now I have 4 baby cities, on top of 2 intermediate cities and my main account where I've played for years. I'm trying to settle two of these into low-maintenance diamonds farms, but they aren't quite there yet.

DeletedUser32472

So a little new at this, but my understanding of the DC is that we will not receive impossible quests.
Worked a dbl shift and when I got home I realized I forgot to do the DC for today. Only 6 hours remaining to get it done, when I open it one of the tasks is “12 x 8 hour productions”.

So either someone didn’t put the step in to verify remaining time, or their version of not impossible is to force using diamonds. Don’t have enough diamonds to finish, joy...

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsuero

The one that's terrible is collecting 25K tavern silver

I thought they said no "impossible" challenges? I collect 1,355 from a full tavern. My tavern is full 2-3 times a day. Even if I collected a bonus from every friend, which is not going to happen since it's not a 100% bonus, assuming every friend had an empty tavern for me to visit that day... how would I do that and collect 17-18 full taverns in a single 24-hour period? There aren't enough friends to fill the tavern that many times... and you can't drop and add new ones because they are put on a 24-hour tavern hold! I don't understand this one.

Salsuero

If I am in IA, I should be at the bottom of my friends list, not in the top half!!! I hadn't really paid attention to it.

Not if you have higher-age GBs. I don't know that you do, but I did and I was ranked pretty highly in Iron Age. I'm ranked pretty high now in HMA because of all of my higher-age GBs and my Arc level. It's certainly possible that you are just "literally better" than the people on your friends list when it comes to gaining ranking points.

Salsuero

So a little new at this, but my understanding of the DC is that we will not receive impossible quests.
Worked a dbl shift and when I got home I realized I forgot to do the DC for today. Only 6 hours remaining to get it done, when I open it one of the tasks is “12 x 8 hour productions”.

So either someone didn’t put the step in to verify remaining time, or their version of not impossible is to force using diamonds. Don’t have enough diamonds to finish, joy...

The flip side to your argument as that you didn't put the step in to get your Daily Challenge done in a full 24-hour window. And I'm by no means saying that the game should be more important than work... or anything in real life for that matter... but the game doesn't care if you work... make sense? I'm almost certain (and especially given your example) that the Daily Challenge is predetermined when it hits at the beginning of the 24-hour period and not spontaneously when you choose to click to play it. In your case, it seems like it was just awful luck that you didn't check on it a few hours sooner. :(

DeletedUser32307

I thought they said no "impossible" challenges? I collect 1,355 from a full tavern. My tavern is full 2-3 times a day. Even if I collected a bonus from every friend, which is not going to happen since it's not a 100% bonus, assuming every friend had an empty tavern for me to visit that day... how would I do that and collect 17-18 full taverns in a single 24-hour period? There aren't enough friends to fill the tavern that many times... and you can't drop and add new ones because they are put on a 24-hour tavern hold! I don't understand this one.

I forgot the dot. 2.5K. Sorry to confuse you. It's 2 taverns worth.

Salsuero

I forgot the dot. 2.5K. Sorry to confuse you. It's 2 taverns worth.

Oh, ok. Yeah, that makes a ton more sense. That being said... that's an easy challenge for me. My tavern is full multiple times each day. So, it seems that (as expected) everyone has the easy and the hard for their particular setup. I feel like the ones asking to spend your whole day on FoE are pretty universally awful though. The ones that have you taking multiple sectors suck too, but that's just my opinion.

DeletedUser31616

Bumping up this question. Has anyone been able to change the time the DC's start?

I am not seeing how to change the time in settings that the daily quests start is that out yet?
From the main desciption"
if you don't like 8 AM as the default start time of the challenge, you can change that using the little gear icon"