• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser31882

It's a wash. Right?

...am I being naive?

It would just be mutual mental masturbation at this point; which I'm all for...

You DO realize you're posting all your "secrets" right? ;)

The tears taste sweeter (saltier?) when you know how inferior the player is when they send a crymail and there are no secrets between the dominated and the dominate.

Let me just say that the percentage does appear to be rather high. A reflection on modern society, perhaps?

Agreed. It's one thing to get mad, learn and get even. It's another to wail, flail-around and then... threaten? Idiots in my book.

Entitled behavior gets under my skin, but by golly it is amazing how many 'gamers' I see use the tactic. Based on my limited world view, I agree that it is a reflection of modern society. Well, the part of society that has time to burn on gaming and the money to wave around to attempt coercing devs to their will.

DeletedUser32009

During the last neighborhood shuffle, some of my guildies got moved into a neighborhood with some really big players. They don't cry about it. They laugh about it in chat if they get plundered. They talk about making sure they collect on time. They don't call the plunderers names. They go hit somebody lower than them and get their goodies, lol
They blame themselves when they get plundered. "Dang, player X got me today. I was late collecting"
Player X has some great GB's, so they aid to get BP's etc.
I slept in today. Whew I still had my goodies. If I had gotten plundered. It wouldn't have been a big deal. Sleeping in on a rainy Sunday, and having your husband cook you breakfast is priceless :)
My city looked like the above yesterday. I was rearranging stuff. Even a guildie emailed me asking me what was up.
I feel bad the player you plundered had their player name posted here though. I dont feel bad you plunder her. But, I do because the name is public. That is just my opinion though, and I dont think badly of you. Personally, I would have blacked out the name.
Happy plundering peeps!
Have a great day :)

DeletedUser32172

I slept in today. Whew I still had my goodies. If I had gotten plundered. It wouldn't have been a big deal. Sleeping in on a rainy Sunday, and having your husband cook you breakfast is priceless :)

Real life should ALWAYS take precedence over this GAME. I understand using this as a way to escape your RL problems. I have some doozies, myself, and yeah, one of them is dealing with a SO that has significant medical issues. When I was able to finally check in on a city that has been consistently plundered for well over a month now, I was irritated....wait for it....with MYSELF! I am trying to play catch up with that world, but obviously, I'm not there yet. I'm a bit frustrated with MYSELF for not making it a priority, but it's part of the GAME. Heck, I haven't even bothered with finding out if I was plundered by someone who is massively overpowered, or just by a regular player. I'll do what I can to make it better defended when I'm away, and at this point, that's all I can do. If I get plundered, I get plundered and if I've done everything in MY power to protect my city, then it's a wash. The players who play to plunder are just playing the game in the way they want. I'm playing the way I want.

And since it HAS been over a month of getting plundered, that's all on me. Though, I will admit, I thought I'd made adequate changes in my defenders, so I'm a bit surprised (and I'll probably take a look at who did the plundering to see if they're an overpowered player or if I fell down on the job, which is probably the case. Oh well). One way or the other, I think I know what I need to do with this particular city to better defend itself when I'm away.

This is a really interesting thread. Thanks for not ignoring the noob or laughing at my non-plundering questions. I appreciate it. :D

DeletedUser32172

Let me just say that the percentage does appear to be rather high. A reflection on modern society, perhaps?

Incidentally, I loved your posts. You have a real knack for using language in an entertaining and informative way. And your attitude is what those other noobs need. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. I enjoy writing, and I don't get much of a chance to socialize, generally speaking, so this is a good forum (rimshot, had to go with the pun!) for me.

Honestly, there's a good chance I'd be one of the whiners, still and too, if I hadn't given plundering a chance. (I even sent a crymail or two, myself. My pride wouldn't let me send any more. LOL) I see the appeal on probably all it's levels. Heck, I'm even thinking of doing it with one of my cities again for a variety of reasons. This thread kinda has me enthusiastic with the idea again. The main reason I stopped is because I totally SUCK at fighting! I wimp out after only 4 encounters in the GE. I'm just not good with strategy or tactics. I wish I were, and I rather envy you guys who are better at it than I am. And my only consolation is maybe I'm better at negotiating than you are (referencing the GE, only. There really isn't any negotiations on the Continent Map; more like extortion and blackmail).

So, we'll see. My problem is that when I go to plunder, I look around that player's city to see why I was able to do so well (cause, like I said, I SUCK), and I see where they can improve and I end up wanting to help. I've even sent PM's to my victims either telling them where they need to beef up or asking if they'd like some help. So, not only do I suck at fighting, but I don't even allow myself the enjoyment of the plunder. LOL!

That said, a part of the reason I DO reach out is that, IMO, people who are more easily plundered just don't understand the game very well. And they probably don't know what questions to ask or who to ask to improve their game/cities (and I've found that to be the case when I have asked). I like helping. (I'm a nurse and a caregiver to a significant other who is chronically ill; it's in my nature to want to help). I also figure that a better-informed player makes the game better for everyone; so, I'm doing the FoE world a favor by helping out where I can. And I've found the people who use what I'm telling them don't get plundered nearly as much, and genuinely appreciate the help. I suspect that professional plunderers like yourselves would wipe the floor with me and anyone I've helped, but you guys are good at what you do.

Now, if they suck, like I do, then all the information in the world isn't gonna help them. I've run into that. I AM that. LOL

And I am sensitive to others who have a similar situation because I too use FoE to escape, but I guess I'm just able to see the situation for what it is; A GAME! And if they can't shrug off what happens to a fictional city, then they have bigger issues than that fictional city getting plundered. Getting so wrapped up in what happens to a fake place, and not being able to distance yourself enough to get that other people have problems, too, and maybe they're plundering in a game because, oh, maybe they don't feel like they have control in their own lives, so this helps THEM to vent (or whatever the reason, just an example folks, definitely NOT how you guys present yourselves) tells me that your problems don't stop at the log in screen. And, in fact, you're so wrapped up in yourself that you think everyone else should play the way YOU want them to play just to please YOU. That kind of self-entitlement just pisses me the ...well you get the point.

Heh, I'm getting ticked off just thinking about it. Time to step away from the keyboard and time to go see to my poor city that keeps getting plundered. Later!

DeletedUser32172

I thought of just one last little thing (gee, RL had to be attended to, so, what came first? I wonder...anyway); if you decide to answer one of the crymails, feel free to quote me in the "I know another milksop like yourself who understands this is a game and a part of the game so suck it up" kind of way. They need a frikken reality check.

DeletedUser30900

The funniest thing this week is having a neighbor stop all the production and goods building, leaving one multproduction plubderable. I plundered her so I don’t waste my attack for nothing. It’s a trap, of course. But she sent me a message right after and claimed she been waiting on me taking it whole day. That’s the reason she penalized the whole city. Well :) I don’t even want to reply anything. It already made me happy enough:p

DeletedUser31397

The funniest thing this week is having a neighbor stop all the production and goods building, leaving one multproduction plubderable. I plundered her so I don’t waste my attack for nothing. It’s a trap, of course. But she sent me a message right after and claimed she been waiting on me taking it whole day. That’s the reason she penalized the whole city. Well :) I don’t even want to reply anything. It already made me happy enough:p

You know you're doing something right when a player's strategy shifts to just getting 'revenge' on you at their expense.

DeletedUser

I would have to reply to that person. And my reply would be: "So the only production in your city today was the building I plundered? Which means that I still got something from you today and you got nothing? Well done! You sure taught me a lesson."

DeletedUser32009

That is the most ridiculous thing for someone to do...lol
I guess they dont know what the phrase, 'cut your nose off to spite your face means'. lol

DeletedUser31882

First cry mail of the new year. Apparently, everyone I hit has a medical issue or a relative with a medical issue.

View attachment 9093

Good Gad. Perfect example of playing the 'victim card' wrong. Tell them to go play Elvenar with their 'sick diabetic' child instead. Playing FoE for escapism is fine, but I don't go playing a First Person shooter to escape my woes and then GET UPSET that other people are shooting me... Well... I do blame the controller sometimes...

Maybe I should make a guide for those players and teach them how to 'properly' play the victim card. Eh, It'd probably be ignored more than the how to not get plundered guides...

DeletedUser30312

First cry mail of the new year. Apparently, everyone I hit has a medical issue or a relative with a medical issue.

People who have problems like this have bigger concerns than being plundered.

But then I don't take these at face value anyway. For all I know, they're shifting to guilt tactics with falsehoods after their chains of obscenities have failed to work.

DeletedUser31771

I never noticed (unless it's new) than INNO gives a little anti-plundering tip when it is loading. I wish we can reply to the complainers with screenshots.

Never mind, I can't get the screenshot loaded right now.

DeletedUser31498

Man you guys really don't appreciate this lady's effort. You don't think she understands it net cost her more to do this? I pretty firmly believe she intentionally did it, knowing the consequences, and got a lot of joy from the trap "working".

I would honestly, whole-heartedly congratulate her on "getting" me good! People are so unable to put themselves in others' shoes. I love that she did that, and would friend her if I were you!