• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Complaint/rant about Daily Challenge

DeletedUser32883

So, I've heard that the Forge of Empires creators have tried hard to make it so a daily challenge is not impossible. It may still not be impossible but today's is pretty darn close! Collecting 2,500 tavern silver, I'd need to empty a filled tavern 4 times in order to get that. I think at most I've only managed twice and I'm online here several times a day on average.

Well at least it isn't yesterday's. I was able to get the Challenger's Chest for the 2nd time and my 2nd Wishing Well. So yeah, it's not like I'm all that upset by today's. Just a little frustrated that I very likely can't get it. Usually I make it a policy in my main world to complete all daily challenges.

DeletedUser32883

I have 90 friends in my main world and I think at least half of them are active. Probably a bit more than that. Not necessarily daily players though. Besides, when I was brand new, I maxed out my invitations anyway. Didn't know there was a max at the time. I think the max friends that I can have is 100? Not sure on that. My tavern at the moment can seat 10, and I know can go up to 16. Tavern silver is a bit hard to come by though when I use the shop on as many challenges as I have been. Might just need to save up at this point....

Algona

I have 90 friends in my main world and I think at least half of them are active. Probably a bit more than that. Not necessarily daily players though. Besides, when I was brand new, I maxed out my invitations anyway. Didn't know there was a max at the time. I think the max friends that I can have is 100? Not sure on that. My tavern at the moment can seat 10, and I know can go up to 16. Tavern silver is a bit hard to come by though when I use the shop on as many challenges as I have been. Might just need to save up at this point....

140 max Friends. Make sure your Friends are active using the Town Hall Social Bar combo. Ask if you do not know how ro do that.

Get to16 Seats, those extra six seats are worth over 500 Silver. 16 Chair Table will need only 2 Collections to get to 2500 Silver.

Upgrade your tablecloth to Red, more folk will want to visit your Tavern.

Don;t forget you can collect a few hundred Silver visiting other Taverns.

Good luck!

Last edited:

DeletedUser32883

I guess I am still pretty new. I have never even heard of the Town Hall Social Bar combo. How do I access that? I will work on saving most of my silver then so I can open more seats. I have the Floral table cloth at the moment. So that will be a 4 percent chance. Should I work on getting all 16 seats at this point or focus on the table cloth still?

Algona

I alternated between Chairs amd Tablecloth, then went back and upgraded the tray and carpet.

This is for PC, not sure if it works on Mobile:

Wait 24 hours so all your Aid resets.

Go to your Town Hall.Select News - Event History

If you haven;r set Filter Options On, click on the little blue square in the upper left corner and Set Filter Option On.

Select Friends select Social Interactions.

Aid everyone.

Close Event History. go to you Social Bar, select Friends.

Everyone who shows up on your Social Bar as needing Aid has not Aided you in the last 5 days. You can either zap them now or mail them,

If you are still over 80 Friends after removing inactives and want more , try asking for Friends in global chat. I keep my Friends list at 75,but they are active.

DeletedUser32883

You're welcome! Waht world are you in?

I am in 5 different worlds right now. A, B, K. W, and Z. W is my first world and is also the world that I consider my main one. I do go into my other worlds daily though. Right now I consider A and Z my tier 2 worlds(worlds that I particularly care about and want to do really well in). B and K I will probably keep playing in, but it's a lot less likely I'll remain a daily player in those. B and K is where I have plans to test things in and help benefit my main world and tier 2.

DeletedUser33227

I have a similar complaint: daily challenge requirements that have a huge luck factor. I just got the one where you have to get 4 negotiations in a row without missing one in the Guild Expedition. Once you hit a point where you have 4 options to choose from in only 3 turns, it becomes entirely luck. Unless there's some trick I'm unaware of (I am fairly new). Very frustrating, and it makes getting 7 daily challenges in a row very difficult. Again, I'm new, but I've run into this a few times.

DeletedUser31592

I have a similar complaint: daily challenge requirements that have a huge luck factor. I just got the one where you have to get 4 negotiations in a row without missing one in the Guild Expedition. Once you hit a point where you have 4 options to choose from in only 3 turns, it becomes entirely luck. Unless there's some trick I'm unaware of (I am fairly new). Very frustrating, and it makes getting 7 daily challenges in a row very difficult. Again, I'm new, but I've run into this a few times.

There is a boost in the tavern that gives you a fourth turn.
Go to Youtube and watch some negotiation videos. I don't activate the boost until I start getting 6 options or more. I rarely lose a turn.

DeletedUser27184

You can control this quest as to when it appear, when it is easy only.
1. It will not appear if you are in GE level 4.
2. It will not appear if you finish GE/GE did not start yet.
3. Up until fight 24 negotiation should be easy. So I advance as fast/slow as I wish. If I got negotiation daily, I do it easily.
4. When I reach fight 24 I stop pushing in GE and wait for a new daily. If it includes negotiation, then I just do the quest. Also, I push immediately to finish all GE2-3 up and including fight number 48. Since I have a full day (i.e. at least 24 tries + some from before + extra tries along the way) it should be easy to push to quest 48. By the next day, since I am at level GE4, I wont get more problematic negotiation dailies.

Algona

You can control this quest as to when it appear, when it is easy only.
1. It will not appear if you are in GE level 4.
2. It will not appear if you finish GE/GE did not start yet.
3. Up until fight 24 negotiation should be easy. So I advance as fast/slow as I wish. If I got negotiation daily, I do it easily.
4. When I reach fight 24 I stop pushing in GE and wait for a new daily. If it includes negotiation, then I just do the quest. Also, I push immediately to finish all GE2-3 up and including fight number 48. Since I have a full day (i.e. at least 24 tries + some from before + extra tries along the way) it should be easy to push to quest 48. By the next day, since I am at level GE4, I wont get more problematic negotiation dailies.

Good post.

I'm experimenting with something with something a Guildie said. That you cant get a GE quest if you completed level 1.

Also can you get a GE quest if you have completed lvl 1 and not unlocked lvl 2?

DeletedUser29726

Good post.

I'm experimenting with something with something a Guildie said. That you cant get a GE quest if you completed level 1.

Also can you get a GE quest if you have completed lvl 1 and not unlocked lvl 2?

You can certainly get one after finishing level 1 - i don't know if unlock status of the difficulties factors in at all. I've had negotiate before when i was near the end of 2 (so i finished 2 and negotiated the first 4 of 3)

Algona

You can certainly get one after finishing level 1 - i don't know if unlock status of the difficulties factors in at all. I've had negotiate before when i was near the end of 2 (so i finished 2 and negotiated the first 4 of 3)

That was 2hat I remembered, that GE quests stop when you finish lvl 3. I figured it would not hurt to double check.

wolfhoundtoo

That was 2hat I remembered, that GE quests stop when you finish lvl 3. I figured it would not hurt to double check.

I've never gotten a GE quest any time I've finished a level but not unlocked the next one. That doesn't necessarily prove anything......just that I've been lucky.

DeletedUser32444

lately ...because I screwed up something ...I've gotten challenges I can't complete ! yesterdays was easy on the face of it ... collect 30,000 supplies and complete 2 quests ...collect supplies done ..on to quests ...main story scout the province of Narcien and Lavignon ..done .. 2nd part produce 4 streamers or produce 10 kegs of beer ,,,can't be done the brewery build is 98 fps away an the sailmaker build is in CA I'm in LMA next side quest infiltrate 3 sectors of Ashcrook ..or 3 sectors of Queenshope ..done 2nd part recruit 2 imperial guards or 2 musketeers or 2 rangers or 2 jaeger infantry ,,can't .. wrong era next side quest research metal working, cranes , an aristocracy ..got 2 metal working will take 40 fps ... I can't finish 30 fps was the prize .

wolfhoundtoo

lately ...because I screwed up something ...I've gotten challenges I can't complete ! yesterdays was easy on the face of it ... collect 30,000 supplies and complete 2 quests ...collect supplies done ..on to quests ...main story scout the province of Narcien and Lavignon ..done .. 2nd part produce 4 streamers or produce 10 kegs of beer ,,,can't be done the brewery build is 98 fps away an the sailmaker build is in CA I'm in LMA next side quest infiltrate 3 sectors of Ashcrook ..or 3 sectors of Queenshope ..done 2nd part recruit 2 imperial guards or 2 musketeers or 2 rangers or 2 jaeger infantry ,,can't .. wrong era next side quest research metal working, cranes , an aristocracy ..got 2 metal working will take 40 fps ... I can't finish 30 fps was the prize .

None of your outstanding quests can be aborted so you can skip it and go to one you can complete?