• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tricks... Have Any?

barney001

Here's a trick. If you are clicking around on your map for the random events instead of waiting around for the idiotic graphic to pop up displaying what you received just click anywhere on the edge of your display to prevent it from appearing.

DeletedUser32232

You still can’t focus on the point. You CANT provide a better guide. So stop judging others that can actually do that.
Don't let CR's guide become an end all for you. Recurring quests are great for keeping things happening while you're trying to reach some objective. But stopping your game to RQ endlessly without an objective in sight means you have stopped playing the game and started chasing your tail. FOE is one big learning experience. I don't believe finding ways around the "learning by experience" opportunities is a good thing in the long run.

DeletedUser30900

Don't let CR's guide become an end all for you. Recurring quests are great for keeping things happening while you're trying to reach some objective. But stopping your game to RQ endlessly without an objective in sight means you have stopped playing the game and started chasing your tail. FOE is one big learning experience. I don't believe finding ways around the "learning by experience" opportunities is a good thing in the long run.
You wanna start this again i guess. But before you acting like a knowledge instructor, take a look at my city at W world. I didn’t follow CR’s guide completely, I learned from it and picked the good parts from it. But new players don’t know better, giving them a solid model is way better than letting them think out of their own ways. And among all these guides, CR’s guide is most effective ( yes, I’m pointing at you, HQ) for beginners. Out of topic, I find it’s quite funny a guy who decide to camp in EMA has the right to claim he could make a better guide than CR.

qaccy

The one trick I learned recently and found useful is to build and tear down the buildings I win as prizes in GE but will never build. I have 10 farms in my inventory, for crying out loud.

This is useful when you need to collect coins or supplies for a quest and none of your buildings producing these resources is set to deliver soon. Build the farm, then tear it down (you don’t need to wait for it to be completed), and instantly turn it into X coins and X supplies.

I was aghast reading through this part of your post until I realized you were talking about the HMA production building. I thought you meant Terrace Farms!

My advice, although it generally goes against the grain here on the forum, is to always make research your top priority. The sooner you age up, the sooner you're going to start producing more coins and supplies, along with better goods and military units. Lots of people prefer stockpiling in advance (and then having a large amount of goods that they never use because they overstocked), but I believe that you should only halt research progress for as long as it takes you to acquire the resources needed to move forward.

If in a 3-month period I can make it all the way up to Colonial Age (Yorkton opened on 10/26 and I've been in Colonial for the past two weeks), I've got a heck of a lot more production power than if I was instead sitting in Iron for all that time. A Colonial goods building produces 120 Iron goods per 8 hours, or 240 per day if you prefer that. With the goods buildings I have, my Yorkton city is producing the equivalent of 1120 Iron goods per day (24h productions, could be higher if I wanted to perfectly collect 8h productions). Of course, I'm still pushing research and I've always been producing goods as I've been aging up so that circumvents the argument of having to spend goods all this time while the Iron player is only gaining resources. And if I ever happen to be short on something, all I have to do is put a few (fair) trades on the market and post in the guild trades thread and they're snapped up by the time I really need those goods.

TL;DR Sitting in one age is boring and a bad idea (especially at the end of tech but you have no choice in that situation). Keep researching to really get ahead! Disclaimer: This is all my opinion and in no way is confirmed to be better or worse than any other strategy of playing the game.

DeletedUser31592

Out of topic, I find it’s quite funny a guy who decide to camp in EMA has the right to claim he could make a better guide than CR.

You should learn to research better. I have 7 cities. Four of them are in EMA, however, out of my 7 cities, six of them were created in September and October of 2017. Only two of them (the two created in September) have been in EMA longer than 3 weeks (and one of those is now LMA). Hardly camping.
My main, nearly 3 YEARS old, is in PME. Why 'only' PME after 3 years? Go read LacLongQuan's thread about OF goods. Why rush when you just get stuck at the end.

DeletedUser30900

You should learn to research better. I have 7 cities. Four of them are in EMA, however, out of my 7 cities, six of them were created in September and October of 2017. Only two of them (the two created in September) have been in EMA longer than 3 weeks (and one of those is now LMA). Hardly camping.
My main, nearly 3 YEARS old, is in PME. Why 'only' PME after 3 years? Go read LacLongQuan's thread about OF goods. Why rush when you just get stuck at the end.
I started playing this game last summer, and I followed CR’s guide and get 2.8milion points, top 144 in W world. And you played for 3 years following your “better” guide and got 3.2 million points l, top 973 in your main world. Not mentioning all the other world’s ranking( they are hilarious). Your total GB level is 106, 1/3 less than mine (which is 136). I don’t want to pull out CR’s rank and the level since he left the game already but I believe it’s still way higher than yours even after about 1 year inactive.
BUT you COULD make better guide IF you want. I have faith in you :)

DeletedUser31592

I started playing this game last summer, and I followed CR’s guide and get 2.8milion points, top 144 in W world. And you played for 3 years following your “better” guide and got 3.2 million points l, top 973 in your main world. Not mentioning all the other world’s ranking( they are hilarious). Your total GB level is 106, 1/3 less than mine (which is 136). I don’t want to pull out CR’s rank and the level since he left the game already but I believe it’s still way higher than yours even after about 1 year inactive.
BUT you COULD make better guide IF you want. I have faith in you :)

I see once pointed in a direction, you can find information.

Unfortunately, the database only gives general stats and not details. I began playing in Spring of 2015- in a game that was much slower than it is now. Events were rare, the Arc and other powerful GBs had not been released. In August of 2015, I changed careers. From September 2015-February 2017, I worked 70-90 hour work weeks. I logged on and collected things daily, but did little with the game. I learned a lot, but didn't have time to cultivate it. Around April/May of 2017, I decided to start giving the game more time. At that point I was already in PME. All of my GBs had been maxed at 10 and I didn't have extra BPs because I wasn't always aiding due to my lack of time. I deleted some GBs (all of them ranked at 10- including my Zeus which I have since rebuilt). I didn't reach 1,000,000 points until May. So, from May through now, I've more than tripled my ranking points- without moving up an era. That means the vast majority have come from GBs alone since I am not a fighter (although I have started fighting some of the GE at times.)

In September, I decided to start a new city to play with strategy. I ended up opening several- because I like experimenting and trying new ideas. Following a guide is not fun at all. This is a STRATEGY game. If you take the strategy out, it ends up being less appealing than Candy Crush or similar games. Some strategies I give up on quickly. It is all about learning and tweaking. My city in Z is still in BA. I hate blacksmiths and would like nothing more that to delete them all, but that would be going against the strategy I'm experimenting with. I want to level all current-era GBs to 10 before moving on (but skipping the Colosseum, ND, and possibly a few others.) My Zeus is already at 10. My ToB is over halfway to 9. It won't be long now.

DeletedUser30900

I see once pointed in a direction, you can find information.

Unfortunately, the database only gives general stats and not details. I began playing in Spring of 2015- in a game that was much slower than it is now. Events were rare, the Arc and other powerful GBs had not been released. In August of 2015, I changed careers. From September 2015-February 2017, I worked 70-90 hour work weeks. I logged on and collected things daily, but did little with the game. I learned a lot, but didn't have time to cultivate it. Around April/May of 2017, I decided to start giving the game more time. At that point I was already in PME. All of my GBs had been maxed at 10 and I didn't have extra BPs because I wasn't always aiding due to my lack of time. I deleted some GBs (all of them ranked at 10- including my Zeus which I have since rebuilt). I didn't reach 1,000,000 points until May. So, from May through now, I've more than tripled my ranking points- without moving up an era. That means the vast majority have come from GBs alone since I am not a fighter (although I have started fighting some of the GE at times.)

In September, I decided to start a new city to play with strategy. I ended up opening several- because I like experimenting and trying new ideas. Following a guide is not fun at all. This is a STRATEGY game. If you take the strategy out, it ends up being less appealing than Candy Crush or similar games. Some strategies I give up on quickly. It is all about learning and tweaking. My city in Z is still in BA. I hate blacksmiths and would like nothing more that to delete them all, but that would be going against the strategy I'm experimenting with. I want to level all current-era GBs to 10 before moving on (but skipping the Colosseum, ND, and possibly a few others.) My Zeus is already at 10. My ToB is over halfway to 9. It won't be long now.
We shouldn’t talked about this here no more since it’s off topic. However, you just said yourself you spent 1 month longer to get less points compared to mine so all the things you say doesn’t prove that your way are better anyway. But if you want to keep claiming it, I suggest you open a new thread so we can talk about it there

DeletedUser31882

Play for fun?!?! How in the heck am I supposed to quantify that?

Wait, you don't have the 10 point joy scale hanging above your entertainment center? I set an alarm every 30-60 minutes that tells me to check in on my current joy level and record it. This way I can optimize my fun to time ratio.

This is normal right?

ProTrick: When competing with others, make sure to be on the same page on what the win conditions are before starting. Otherwise the goal posts will start moving every time someone gets close to scoring...

DeletedUser29218

But new players don’t know better, giving them a solid model is way better than letting them think out of their own ways. And among all these guides, CR’s guide is most effective ( yes, I’m pointing at you, HQ) for beginners.

Yep, I agree. After all, my guide forces them to think.

Algona

I like to derail threads by talking about my favorite game play technique, them argue with other adherents of the faith, err, technique, about the nuances of the faith, err, technique.

Although I guess in the case of this Thread that it is quite the attempt at a trick: to sucker someone into a massive change in game play. Some trick, huh?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

But new players don’t know better, giving them a solid model is way better than letting them think out of their own ways.
See? I told you guys that CR's followers were a cult! "Can't let these people think for themselves, gotta do it for them." Otherwise they might end up enjoying this game and then where would we all be?

DeletedUser30900

See? I told you guys that CR's followers were a cult! "Can't let these people think for themselves, gotta do it for them." Otherwise they might end up enjoying this game and then where would we all be?
Quite funny it’s from someone who keep shutting down other guys’s ideas. Anyway, this whole thing is off topic. Keep saying that cult crap however you want :) I’m done here

DeletedUser

Quite funny it’s from someone who keep shutting down other guys’s ideas.
Bad ideas, yes. Although I don't aspire to the lofty status of being able to "shut down" anything, I'm pretty sure that role is reserved for the moderators and staff. I do support good ideas, it's just that there are so many bad ones proposed in comparison to good ones that is appears to the casual observer that I am a constant naysayer.

DeletedUser29055

It may be that cr guide is effective, but it is utterly boring. Now that i have a higher arc and routinely cycle through quests i could not imagine doing that on an even bigger scale from the beginning. At least in pe now i only have five clciks to cycle to the recurring quest, in colonial i have seven. No, i enjoy going slowly through the game and enjoying it. And i do take enjoyment out of playing a game based on tips from others, my style, and my experience. Following a guide is just ... boring. You replicate someone elses play instead of playing your own.

Hmm, to not deviate too much. My tip is reading the forums to find the tips that fit the game play you enjoy. If enjoy plundering, follow tips that focus on becoming a strong fighter, if you enjoy ge, focus on fight and goods procurement, etc. ... and always evaluate the value and efficiency of your buildings on a regular base. Dont hesitate to replace a building with something better. And if you keep an ineffienct building, then know why 9e.g. Aesthetics, nostalgic, ...).