• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How did YOU start playing Forge Of Empires?

• Thread starter DeletedUser32355
  • Start date

DeletedUser32355

How did YOU start playing Forge of Empires?

31,543 players and counting... and they all had to come some somewhere! How did you find (and start playing) Forge of Empires? Was it an ad, a recommendation, or did you just want to play another strategy game? :) Post your answer below!
You can also see my answer! ;)

DeletedUser32355

I started playing Forge Of Empires after Kabam (kabam.com or wonderhill.com if you really want to see) effectively destroyed all their games. 5,000,000 power quickly turned to 5,000,000,000,000, support tickets went unanswered, and there was nothing but an endless loop of chests and troops to use. The biggest players had peace treaties for at least two years, and you would be lucky to see 10 people online at the same time. Because of this, I was done. I quit. I tried to find another strategy game like it. I saw an ad, looked it up, liked the idea. and downloaded the Android app. Then, in mid-Bronze Age, it asked me to download 600 Mbps of data. I was devastated (because I only had 100Mbps of storage left and not much I wanted to remove), but found the PC edition and resumed my progress from there. And I've been playing from there ever since. :)

Graviton

I started playing Forge Of Empires after Kabam (kabam.com or wonderhill.com if you really want to see) effectively destroyed all their games.

Since you mentioned that, I guess the void in my gaming life that I filled with FoE was left after five years of playing City of Heroes. Unlike FoE, I did spend real $$$ on that game and it was not fun when it went Tango Uniform. I still miss that game. And I still spit on the ground whenever I hear "NCSoft".

Ylisaveta

One of my dogs had knee reconstruction and had to be kept quiet and confined for 2 months. My crazy active dog who follows me everywhere. I walled off a 12 by 12 corner of my bedroom with furniture and lived on an air mattress in that space with 3 dogs (because the other 2 whined to be let in). I read a lot of books, but this game saved my sanity.

DeletedUser32355

Since you mentioned that, I guess the void in my gaming life that I filled with FoE was left after five years of playing City of Heroes. Unlike FoE, I did spend real $$$ on that game and it was not fun when it went Tango Uniform. I still miss that game. And I still spit on the ground whenever I hear "NCSoft".
That's literally what happened to them. Kabam's games (which were ran ok o_O) got sold to RockYou (nothing but :mad::(:(:mad:). Luckily I never spent any money so it never went to waste. :-]

Victoria and Albert

I had a brand new Chromebook and a snow day. The FOE app showed up as a suggested app and I haven’t gone a single day without playing since. In 2 days I have my first one year FOE anniversary

DeletedUser32397

I wanted a good city builder game, and guess what I got when I googled free online city builder games...

DeletedUser

I don't remember how I found FoE. I used to play Empire Earth and Medieval Total War on CD. When Windows quit letting those run, I had to find another game to fill my free time. I was hoping to find something like those, but found FoE instead, and have been playing for almost 3 years now, almost exclusively on PC.

DeletedUser27889

I like city building games. I had just played Cities Skylines but had grown sick of it and googled other city builders to try. This game is clearly nothing like Skylines but I ended up loving it obviously. Oddly enough I have never played a.. what would you categorize this? MMORPG MMOSG? Anything that involved me having to play with strangers, I am even antisocial when it comes to my games. It turned out I enjoyed all the wonderful people in game and on here almost as much as the game itself. City builders used to be only an occasional gaming dalliance when I preferred things like Skyrim or Fallout. Now this game is pretty much 100% of any time I have to play games. Until the next Skyrim Portal or Fallout come out, then you won't see me for awhile.

Quick note for anyone looking for any other city building games that are actually more like SimCity/Skylines I found Tropico in the same search as I found FoE and at first I had been much more interested in that one. It is not an online or micro payment style game but is sold in the steam store for PCs and also at least PS4. Though to me city builders are always a PC thing.

DeletedUser32378

Well, I'm quite an avid gamefan, I've been around gaming, it all started, I was about 4 years old, I was 4 in 1988, the gaming world was tough, I was 6 years old, things got tougher, omg, ever played Super Ghouls and Ghosts?

By 1990 I had already time traveled over 360 years, i was barely bout to turn 9 years old and I had experienced over 8000 Earth years of Life, that was quite astonishing. Life gets boring, things get faded, one asks themselves, can the true substances we find in the ocean, really propel an entire rock into space? Yes

Is it going to change any actions? NO, I WANT MY FKN MONEY for a gigantic flotation office place that overlooks on the Terrace, my 10, maybe 9 sexy terrace farms.

Why can't I be like Pablo Escobar?

This Universe is stuck on ideas of separation and denial. Lol

This should very not be the case, ...

DeletedUser34359

My wife started playing this game from "The FaceBook" and asked me to play to help her out. Little did I know that having the same internet connections don't fly on this game, but I was intrigued by the whole idea and still play the game to this day.

DeletedUser32328

Saw plenty of ads while surfing the web. Thought: OK, lets see what the big deal is. Took me a couple days more between registering and actually putting down a city. But hooked ever since.

spnnr

I usually play an online game for about a year , leave for a couple months and start another. I had played Stormfall left and started playing a CCG forge of the gods -not sure what happened but I must have had the autofill option on in search bar and ended up here .

DeletedUser6892

I was finishing my degree and was looking for browser games that were mindless and didn't require much mental or time investment so I could play for a few minutes to clear my head so I could get back to writing papers. I saw FoE and determined it was NOT going to fit the bill so I waited to graduate and then started up my first world. That was about 5 years ago. I'm glad I waited.