• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser31882

I have stopped even opening them now. When I keep seeing *complete 20, 30 + 1hr productions* along with 4 other tasks it is no longer a Daily Challenge ... its a bloody job.

I agree.

That's why I quit doing DCs in my secondary worlds. in my main, it is a toss-up on what If I pursue it. Depends on what my schedule is and the severity of the 'X-blacksmiths needed' task. Sometimes a particular chest will motivate me, but it's an uphill battle if I'm thrown a 44 15-minute productions.

It's an interesting balancing challenge for Inno. Granted, the RNG chests & tasks makes it a bit easier for them. I wonder if there is a design document/memo that has the "X of Y-productions" task highlighted with footnote saying "Keep. This task is the ultimate deterrent for power creep in most users".

DeletedUser17543

"DC/s" would be really great IF, I did not have to rely on other players to do something, like clear their Taverns. I missed a very nice reward because for some reason no one was clearing their Taverns on that day I have to visit 45 Taverns. I echo the comments above about "complete" 38 1 hour productions, and other similar tasks as being a bit too time consuming, or expensive for those who buy diamonds.

Nice idea, DC/s, but make the tasks so that you can complete them in a few hours.

DeletedUser17543

Fighting with Rogues is pretty boring, yeah. But without rogues and in later ages I find fighting to be probably the only part of the game that *isn't* mundane and repetitive, besides having new technology to research. But hey, you're not someone who's in here complaining about battle requirements in quests so I say to each their own!

The mundane is built in by Inno. I think that if they facilitated progression then interest would remain high. Such as the exponential price for successive expansion slots, that's a real interest killer.

Algona

CE, I get mine in amounts divisble by 11. 33x15 minute, 22xhour. 55x5 minute.

So I dropped 11 blacksmiths. Not really sure why, I can get more out of that space with other buildings, Maybe I'm being lead around by INNO? More experimenting then abything else, although the 50 FP I got for today was nice. I huess. Maybe?

IDC'sare pretty meanigful to my newly moved to Colonial second coty. But my main? Wju am I stressong over these? A relativelu monor FP boost? a 1.20 chance for SoK 32? Boredom?

Hmmm.

DeletedUser29623

I don’t have major issues with the DCs themselves: Some I can do easily, others I’m obliged to skip. But I DO wish that the prizes were more interesting, such as more special buildings otherwise only available during events. So far, I’ve only ever seen the Maharaja’s Palace & Elephant Fountain sets, the Maypole and the Cherry Blossom set. They could mix it up more without unbalancing the game, tossing out cider mills, pillars, winter market set pieces, upgrades etc, every now and then. What about a chest that’s just assorted upgrades? The likelihood of getting a usable number of set pieces is still not high, but it would make the DCs more fun. Nobody wants a coin or supply package, or some random boosts, at least not as far as I can tell, or a free residential or production building, let alone yet another motivation kit. Well, perhaps somebody does, but those prizes are boring. I look forward to opening the DC chest every morning, and it’s a letdown to see that the offerings are just routine stuff like boosts and houses. If I’m going to win something I will quite possibly never use, at least make it something fresh.

DeletedUser

I don’t have major issues with the DCs themselves: Some I can do easily, others I’m obliged to skip. But I DO wish that the prizes were more interesting, such as more special buildings otherwise only available during events. So far, I’ve only ever seen the Maharaja’s Palace & Elephant Fountain sets, the Maypole and the Cherry Blossom set. They could mix it up more without unbalancing the game, tossing out cider mills, pillars, winter market set pieces, upgrades etc, every now and then. What about a chest that’s just assorted upgrades? The likelihood of getting a usable number of set pieces is still not high, but it would make the DCs more fun. Nobody wants a coin or supply package, or some random boosts, at least not as far as I can tell, or a free residential or production building, let alone yet another motivation kit. Well, perhaps somebody does, but those prizes are boring. I look forward to opening the DC chest every morning, and it’s a letdown to see that the offerings are just routine stuff like boosts and houses. If I’m going to win something I will quite possibly never use, at least make it something fresh.
And I wish the opposite. That they would quit offering set pieces as DC prizes. The last thing I want is an inventory cluttered with set pieces I'll never use. Even if I got the whole set. (Yes, I know, and I do delete them when I win them.) The only reason I ever pick those chests is either for the 10 FP possibility, or the fact that both chests that day offer set pieces.

DeletedUser29623

And I wish the opposite. That they would quit offering set pieces as DC prizes. The last thing I want is an inventory cluttered with set pieces I'll never use. Even if I got the whole set. (Yes, I know, and I do delete them when I win them.) The only reason I ever pick those chests is either for the 10 FP possibility, or the fact that both chests that day offer set pieces.

How do you feel about boost and coin packages, though?

Seriously: This is probably as it should be to some extent. I for one got the single piece I was missing from an Elephant Fountain set that finally allowed me to get a forge point from it -- not bad for a 1x1 building. I would really like to win a smorgasbord in my other world so I can get goods from my Moose Meadow. But I love special buildings and their goofy, Epcot Center variety and doubt I'll ever resign myself to a city full of pile-o-twigs SOKs (so ugly!). There should be something for everyone in the DCs.

But seriously, no coin or supply packages!

DeletedUser

How do you feel about boost and coin packages, though?

Seriously: This is probably as it should be to some extent. I for one got the single piece I was missing from an Elephant Fountain set that finally allowed me to get a forge point from it -- not bad for a 1x1 building. I would really like to win a smorgasbord in my other world so I can get goods from my Moose Meadow. But I love special buildings and their goofy, Epcot Center variety and doubt I'll ever resign myself to a city full of pile-o-twigs SOKs (so ugly!). There should be something for everyone in the DCs.

But seriously, no coin or supply packages!
What I prefer depends on which of my worlds it is. There is one where I'm short of coins, so I'll go for a coin package. On almost any world, I'll go for special buildings like HoF, Oasis and such. Forge Points are golden in any world, also. If nothing else, I'll go for a medal package. Rarely will I go for a military reward, be it building or units. The only exception is the one world where I don't have a Rogue Hideout yet. And on Z world, I'm going with only regular buildings and GBs, no event or special buildings, so if I even do the DC there, I never choose a chest with buildings in it.

DeletedUser32397

When I keep seeing *complete 20, 30 + 1hr productions* along with 4 other tasks it is no longer a Daily Challenge ... its a bloody job.
If you try hard enough, you can do it. I did 25 5 minute productions with 1 butcher, even though I was busy all day.

DeletedUser30312

Some more variety with the chests would be good. I for one do not need Motivation Kits, I get those tossed at me all the time from GE and Incidents.

DeletedUser26656

daily quests
some are totally unfair!
i mean 82-5 min production?? are you kidding me
you do it !. i will not waste my time on some thing that is impossible anyway!
50 - 15 min productions!! get real!
you only have less then 24 hours and less 16 usable hours of that..
thus 4-4 hour productions max
12 15 min productions
20-5 min produciotns
2- 8 hours productions
if not realistic why bother? its only a chance at what you want and 20% of the time do you get what you wanted so not worth it!
just because a few players have 30 productions buildings does not mean the rest of us do or will.land is strangulated!! should give more land and easer access to on all levels!
make the dailies able to do in the small time alloted!

DeletedUser31440

daily quests
some are totally unfair!
i mean 82-5 min production?? are you kidding me
you do it !. i will not waste my time on some thing that is impossible anyway!
you only have less then 24 hours and less 16 usable hours of that..
thus 4-4 hour productions max
12 15 min productions
20-5 min produciotns
2- 8 hours productions
if not realistic why bother? its only a chance at what you want and 20% of the time do you get what you wanted so not worth it!
just because a few players have 30 productions buildings does not mean the rest of us do or will.land is strangulated!! should give more land and easer access to on all levels!
make the dailies able to do in the small time alloted!

If you want the prize, devote the space.

DeletedUser30312

I got that one today:

do50.png

Some of the production ones are a bit high though, especially for a higher aged player where the size of the production buildings go up. Unfortunately, as a result some players do the whole Forge of Blacksmiths thing and spam a dozen or so of them in their cities. I've got some myself, taking up some extra space. HMA/CA/Indy has it easy with Alchemists/Clockmakers/Gunsmiths, even more so for players doing the HQS strategy, because they've got them spammed. My current compliment of supply buildings are: 8 Clockmakers, 3 Cider Mills, and 5 Blacksmiths. Did the 15 minutes once on each of the Clockmakers then put them on the usual 24 hour routine, while doing several 15 minute cycles on the rest.

DeletedUser25166

22 8 hour productions. So I need 11 supply buildings.
This thing is so stupid and geared towards farmers.
What a waste