• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Syrian Rebellion

DeletedUser

There is no diplomatic neutrality...that is false. If you don't support the rebels, you are in essence supporting the regime.
Why support the regime? Look at Egypt. We need to support the side which is diplomatically strategic in our favor, and unfortunately, the result of the rebels winning would be disastrous for us as a nation.

I saw something on CNN the other day that got me thinking, we need to stay on Russia's good side, and they have good ties to Iran, who is a much larger threat. We really, for diplomatic reasons, need the regime to stay in power.
Disastrous for the rebels to win? Between their alliance with Russia and lifting criticism from U.S. and U.N. officials, I don't think any "western nation" will be in bed with the current Syrian regime after this flare up :p Since when does the proud American nation back dictatorships over [alleged] democracy anyway?

Appeasement would start an interesting discussion; I do believe history has shown it generally doesn't work. Nevertheless, the passive aggressive Russia seems to be backing down when the passive element becomes impossible: http://azstarnet.com/news/world/rus...cle_8d71060b-a07f-565a-8739-2744ceed3558.html

DeletedUser34

well after 9-11, backing extreme muslim entities is not an option either. I think it is a balancing act that has never been dealt with prior to 9-11.

disclaimer: before anyone says I am being racist, it has nothing to do with the religion, but the political extremist, I feel are two separate issues entirely.

DeletedUser

well after 9-11, backing extreme muslim entities is not an option either. I think it is a balancing act that has never been dealt with prior to 9-11.

disclaimer: before anyone says I am being racist, it has nothing to do with the religion, but the political extremist, I feel are two separate issues entirely.
Yes, because every Syrian politician is a Muslim extremist, backed by a population of majority Muslim extremists plotting to commit acts of terror :rolleyes: There's a difference between upholding traditional/cultural, Islamic values and an aggressive regime.

DeletedUser

Yes, because every Syrian politician is a Muslim extremist, backed by a population of majority Muslim extremists plotting to commit acts of terror.
thats what i have been saying and getting critisized for.lol
but anyway its not our problum i say let the extremist muslims and regimes kill each other off and we mind our own buisness.
and maby once they are done killing each other we go in their and kill the rest of the extremist .and burn all extremist holy kuron books off the face of the planet and out law the extremist muslims. like the germans did the world war 2 evil guys.:) and the germans from 1930s into the 1940s had their own extremist religion and now nobody even really knows a whole lot about how it worked.:) because we kicked the germans butts and outlawed their extremist religion/occult. so lets eliminate they extremist muslim religion like we have eliminated other Extremist Religions/occults in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34

thats what i have been saying and getting critisized for.lol
but anyway its not our problum i say let the extremist muslims and regimes kill each other off and we mind our own buisness.
and maby once they are done killing each other we go in their and kill the rest of the extremist .and burn all extremist holy kuron books off the face of the planet and out law the extremist muslims. like the germans did the world war 2 evil guys.:) and the germans from 1930s into the 1940s had their own extremist religion and now nobody even really knows a whole lot about how it worked.:) because we kicked the germans butts and outlawed their extremist religion/occult. so lets eliminate they extremist muslim religion like we have eliminated other Extremist Religions/occults in the past.

What are you like 10? Diplomatic relations will always be our problem...it is always a game of chess.
Case in point would be WW2. We stayed "neutral" and look at what happened. One can never stay neutral, and to think so is to court disaster.

DeletedUser34

and that makes no sense. We have to support a side, I think for diplomatic reasons, we have to side with the current regime

DeletedUser

IMO i would never have diplomatic relations or support one with an extremist regime at all. reguardless of the diplomatic benefits.but that is just me like i said i would not support a regime. i would mind my own business or kill them all

DeletedUser34

says a person who probably didn't lose anyone in 9-11......

I don't say this as an insult to anyone who feels that an extremist group is better than a regime, but unless you have paid a price of an extremist group, you will never understand how much better a regime is in comparison.

DeletedUser

well what i do know is things like 9 -11 will happen again and again as long as their are extremist muslim leaders whos mind set is to terrotize the US and our allies.and it will happen again and again untill we decide to stop backing the regimes and muslim extremist.
and realize things like 9-11 will happen again and again untill we finally have enough of their BS and go over their kick their ass again and outlaw extremist muslims like we have outlawed other extremist religions in the past.
what i am saying is if you dont want things like 9-11 to happen again you dont support regimes.you go over there stomp their ass into the ground and outlaw extremist muslims.

DeletedUser3

Outlaw extremist religions? You do realize that makes no sense, right? You also realize there's no friggin' way you can enforce such a notion, right? And finally, there are no extremist religions presently outlawed, nor were there previously. Instead, you had extremists outlawing other religions.

DeletedUser

their was that german religion/occult in world war two that obviousally was pretty extremist.and was outlawed to such an extent we cant say their names in the forum.lol that worked out pretty well how many of them are still in germany about none.it was they pure german supremacy religion/occult is outlawed.

DeletedUser34

well what i do know is things like 9 -11 will happen again and again as long as their are extremist muslim leaders whos mind set is to terrotize the US and our allies.and it will happen again and again untill we decide to stop backing the regimes and muslim extremist.
and realize things like 9-11 will happen again and again untill we finally have enough of their BS and go over their kick their ass again and outlaw extremist muslims like we have outlawed other extremist religions in the past.
what i am saying is if you dont want things like 9-11 to happen again you dont support regimes.you go over there stomp their ass into the ground and outlaw extremist muslims.
you do realize it was NOT a regime who did 9-11 right? It was an extremist group! This fact alone nullifies your entire post.

Are you talking about Nazis? Ok Tact, you have totally lost me here :p

DeletedUser

ok i have decided to quit pulling things out of my ass and do some resaech and from what i have read regimes are just as bad as extremist muslims.and that they are both basically terrorist and one is just as bad as they other

Regime:
particular government: the government of a particular country, especially one that is considered to be oppressive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, especially as a means of coercion. In the international community, however, terrorism has no universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition.[1][2] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal;

so regimes are terrorist to and are just as capable of attacking the US in terrorist attacks.

and as far as the german supremacy thing that was an extremist religion/occult that was outlawed
called N'ism it was an extremist german group that was thought impossible to eradicate and erase
just as we see extremist muslims now but now the german occult is outlawed and their arnt really any more in germany i am saying this in referance on how we can eliminate extremist religions

DeletedUser3

(( You're stretching there Hero. And yes, no more discussion regarding Nazism, a non-religious, non-occult political party. Not relevant to these discussions and not allowed by German Laws. This forum is hosted by a German company, which must comply with those laws, and thus so must I ensure this community abides by them. ))

You can argue your points without going there, thanks.

DeletedUser

man you kinda cut me off on being able to argue back.:(
not cool man.your the boss so what you say goes.
but look it up on wiki ok im done sorry i just cant let you have the last word
or i can because your the boss but whatever

DeletedUser34

man you kinda cut me off on being able to argue back.:(
not cool man.your the boss so what you say goes.
but look it up on wiki ok im done sorry i just cant let you have the last word
or i can because your the boss but whatever

Tact, I have to step in here as you are making it somewhat personal when Hell steps in. I have been arguing with Hellstromm for almost 2 years? give or take. We began in Grepolis under the allowance of Betsy opening up the original Innogames D&D section. I say all this to note, that, Hell the debater is vastly separate from hell the CoMa. You will find he is a great person to spar with, and I have to say that you will miss out if you cause him to not participate because you can't separate the two. I for one will be MAD AS HELL as I enjoy sparing with him. So back up, rethink, separate the two, and don't take it personal. He is correct in his "mod" hat rebuttal, and you better be happy as a lark he was civil in his reprimand. Many don't bother to open dialog with the members.

As to your comment about chopping your legs off, well get creative, don't get lazy. Find another way to prove your point, or at least argue it. Don't become defeated because one door was closed. If I did that, D&D would be boring as all heck. Chin up, dust off, and get another angle :D

DeletedUser

okay so supporting a regime is supporting terrorism.and IMO the US should have a zero tolerancy policy on supporting terrorist.and should focus on how to eliminate Extremist and Regime groups.and not be supporting them and besides why would you want to be on diplomatic terms with a country that muders and tortures their own people.those arnt exacly the type of friends you wanna have if you know what i mean

DeletedUser34

okay so supporting a regime is supporting terrorism.and IMO the US should have a zero tolerancy policy on supporting terrorist.and should focus on how to eliminate Extremist and Regime groups.and not be supporting them
How is the US going to have a zero tolerance? If the they support the rebels, they get Russia and China mad at them, not to mention in the vacuum who knows who will take over. If they support the regime, nasty thought that it is, diplomatically speaking, what is the cost?

To make the statement that
should focus on how to eliminate Extremist and Regime groups.and not be supporting them
, how would you suggest we do that? Kick out the regime, and rule ourselves? Really? That went over so well in Iraq and Afghanistan. You can't logically in the real world have your cake and eat it also, your logic is flawed. You have to pick a side, you have to pick the better of the two evils. To think otherwise is part of our problem with America today, nobody has the balls to make the touch decisions.

DeletedUser22

Military intervention is not the solution for Syria. The problem is that the country is to big. Besides that the Syrian army is well developed. Furthermore, there is not just the rebellion and regime who are fighting. there are multiple militians who all fight against or with eachother. It is very hard to determine who did what. Militians allied to the regime murder on their own behalf just as much as they do for the regime. And besides all of this, there is still the issue of China and Russia veto'ing the UN resolutions. America can't bypass the UN because it will escalate the situation even more with a chance of turning the whole situation from a civil war into a big regional or even world war. Not only because of the Russian and American weapon supplies but by the involvement of other countries in the region as well. Countries like Libanon, Israel, Turkey, Iran, Egypt and many more have entical, religious and economical connections in this conflict.

The only true solution (short term) is a treaty between all parties. Problem is that there won't be one as long as external forces (USA, China and Russia) keep picking sides to support. A treaty can't be forced externally but needs to be supported from within. Just as overthrowing a regime from one side (Americans in combination with the rebels) isn't going to solve the issue. Getting rid of Assad isn't going to help you getting rid of the secret services, the army or the police. All of these parties need to be taken down (not literally) and rebuild. This can only be done in a proper way if there is a consensus about the fact that things need to change and not te be forced to change.

As long as the international community is still (secretly or not) supporting one side in this conflict, nothing is going to change.