• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Developers, please fix a randomizer for Carnival!

• Thread starter DeletedUser34480
  • Start date

Algona

Prediction count: 4 and 0. As I said: Easy, ephems are so predictable. One more to go. Will we get there soon?

I hold in my habds the last envelope:

You will continue to have difficulty finding anyone who believes you nor will you understand why this is happening.

5-0.

I think we can all agree that Algona Sooth Sayer never missing on predictions is absolute proof that the INNO RNG is broken

DeletedUser34480

Like I've said, if something is not understood it doesn't constitute wrong.
Mass auditory is no key either.
You know, even in school there is top 10% and, well, people who know formulas.

DeletedUser30900

So you are saying you are the top 10% or the rest of us are? I prefer to believe the second one :)

DeletedUser

I have read and reread this and I can find not one piece of comprehensible information in it. It's like you just strung random words together in hopes that they would make sense. They don't.

Graviton

That's very true. The interesting part is that you think that about us, and we're thinking that about you.

"Mass Auditory" is a great name for a band. Or a Catholic music service.

People who know formulas are math fans! Which makes them wrong, right?

DeletedUser34480

No, there is a classroom and there is a real world.

You fail to comprehend, if even being able to analyze, a real life examples.
You religiously chant about pure random, inevitable average, etc.

Tell your client that your company averages 15% roi (return on investment).
Then, you say, well, a lot of our clients lost most of their money -- but rest assured, average is 15%.

DeletedUser13838

Not arguing that.
My point is, 15to30% chance is too high to let deviation swing 100%+.
High probability comes with an expectation range. It is not a roulette.
You lost me. Probability and statistics are my day job but I have no idea what you mean here.

Edit: I would love to see more "game theory" related mechanics in this game. Being able to pick a door, having another revealed, being able to switch, etc. Would be a lot more fun than just clicking "Open" on a chest and seeing what RNG dictates.
This isn't game theory. Game theory would involve 2+ people making choices that influence the result of the others.

DeletedUser34480

You lost me. Probability and statistics are my day job but I have no idea what you mean here.
There are my examples.
Saying, we can't just blindly follow average.
Bus schedule, serving time, punch power, return on investment.
Do they provide you idea?

DeletedUser

There are my examples.
Saying, we can't just blindly follow average.
Bus schedule, serving time, punch power, return on investment.
Do they provide you idea?
6 pages later and you are making no more sense than when this started. None of those things are equivalent to the probabilities in the Carnival Event games or prize chests. Not at all. I've never studied probabilities formally, but even I can see that. If you were traveling and you had a 15% chance of getting a plane ticket, 25% chance of getting a train ticket, and a 60% chance of getting a bus ticket, that would be a similar probability problem. But not the interval between the same inevitable occurrence, like the bus showing up. Same with serving time. And actually, none of the things you mention are "random". They are dependent on measurable variables. In the case of the bus schedule those would include traffic, speed of passenger loading/unloading at stops, traffic signals and mechanical issues.

DeletedUser28670

Geez, i've been ghosting this thread for a while now
and i have not read anything true592 has said which makes sense.

DeletedUser34480

6 pages later and you are making no more sense than when this started. None of those things are equivalent to the probabilities in the Carnival Event games or prize chests. Not at all. I've never studied probabilities formally, but even I can see that. If you were traveling and you had a 15% chance of getting a plane ticket, 25% chance of getting a train ticket, and a 60% chance of getting a bus ticket, that would be a similar probability problem. But not the interval between the same inevitable occurrence, like the bus showing up. Same with serving time. And actually, none of the things you mention are "random". They are dependent on measurable variables. In the case of the bus schedule those would include traffic, speed of passenger loading/unloading at stops, traffic signals and mechanical issues.
6 pages later you've decided to do some considerations?
Well, let's see what Konrad has to say, before I go with my few cents. He claimed it's his area of expertise.