• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Approximate ratio for FP for goods swaps

DeletedUser31498

Agree to disagree. The buyer is very often directly able to set prices in an open market.

Agree to disagree. Why bold "directly" as if that's an economic term with meaning? But please elaborate to educate me. If you mean both buyer and seller are important, then sure, but you disagreed with that statement, so I eagerly await your teaching.

DeletedUser38088

Agree to disagree. Why bold "directly" as if that's an economic term with meaning? But please elaborate to educate me. If you mean both buyer and seller are important, then sure, but you disagreed with that statement, so I eagerly await your teaching.
This one is actually pretty easy. IF the seller wants to sell but doesn't NEED to sell, then they can afford to set the price and wait. If the buyer doesn't like the price, the buyer can, not accept the offer and walk away and the price still remains. Thus, the seller sets the price and waits for the buyer willing to pay it.

DeletedUser37056

Economic understanding is pretty light here. The answer to who sets the price is clear, and it cannot be "the seller" or "the buyer" unless it is either a monopoly or a monopsony, in which case the single seller or the single buyer sets the price. Otherwise it is the marginal seller or the marginal buyer who sets the price, and it cannot be determined a priori which of the two is the "marginal" party until the transaction is set. It is the one agrees with the price offered rather than the one who offers that last price, regardless of whether they are the buyer or the seller.

DeletedUser38766

Would you believe that I have offered goods to a lower era player multiple times on multiple worlds at no FP cost, and some have refused to take them? It's happening again. I don't even play W anymore, I'm basically offering him goods that would do nothing but sit there in inventory. If I could just give them to him, I would. I don't even care what he offers for them, just so he posts the trades and accepts the goods. It's surprising to me how frustrating it is to try to help people out and end up having to talk them into it. :confused:

Please tell me you are playing on mount killmore as well xD

DeletedUser38766

No, but I am. PM me and I'll make you such a deal...
Haha thanks, I was just kidding though. I don't even have enough blueprints for any GB yet. I don't even know if I will need anything right now. But I will still add you if you have a spot available on your fl so I can bug you later xD

DeletedUser29685

This one is actually pretty easy. IF the seller wants to sell but doesn't NEED to sell, then they can afford to set the price and wait. If the buyer doesn't like the price, the buyer can, not accept the offer and walk away and the price still remains. Thus, the seller sets the price and waits for the buyer willing to pay it.
My experience in settings prices comes from owning a restaurant. The cost of what I am paying for an item basically gets raised 300% . However, in Some businesses it might not be as easy.

DeletedUser27889

Anyone newbies reading this thread looking for advice on what GBs costs on what world needs to be careful to note this is a 2 year old thread. Prices go down (unless for a new world or new era) everything posted here is out of date. Prices in some worlds/eras have gone so far down it's not even worth it for many people to sell now in some instances.

DeletedUser38659

This is interesting. The deal I was offered for Future age goods to build my Arc is
FA goods:FP+half as many IA goods
4.6875:1
I assume that the offer I got was Xepshunally good because of the difference in age of the goods. It is a guild member and supporting the guild is an important part of our gaming strategy. This topic is intriguing since the market for goods seems to unstructured. I'm guessing that there'll eventually players will have come up with a game-wide formula for making these trades "fair"

As for what's fair in Goods trading, I think that goods are just as easy to make and take the same amount of time no matter the age. This is my experience up to and including HMA. The only thing that makes a particular good "more valuable" is the fact that I can't produce it. I like goods trading and even the idea of goods+FP for other goods. It promotes an understanding of how the black market works.

Salsuero

making these trades "fair"

They already are fair. As long as both parties agree, that's what matters. That doesn't mean I will agree with you as to what is agreeable.

I think that goods are just as easy to make and take the same amount of time no matter the age ... up to and including HMA

That's because you haven't experienced most of the game yet... where the cost of goods also depends on the cost of other goods (unrefined goods -> refined goods).

DeletedUser8588

What is the approximate current rate of Forge Point costs for Future Era goods (and assuming the buyer is probably offering Bronze Age goods)?

Salsuero

What is the approximate current rate of Forge Point costs for Future Era goods (and assuming the buyer is probably offering Bronze Age goods)?

No such thing. Not being glib or snarky. This is entirely dependent on the player with the FE goods and varies from world to world just as much as from player to player.

RazorbackPirate

Because what Sal says is spot on, I recommend you ask for some referrals from your guild mates and trusted friends. Contact them and compare prices. Prices can often vary widely, do your homework and work your best deal.