• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Discussion of the Friend Invites dilema

DeletedUser31592

The reason it needs to remain as it is is so new players aren't completely shut out.

If you can invite until you reach the maximum number of friends (currently 140), then for the most part, players ranked 1-140 will be each others' friends, players ranked 141-280, and so forth. Top players will only be friends with top players. New players will have a much harder time progressing in the game, because they will be unable to find active friends in higher ages.

With the current system (max invite 80, max friends 140), newer players can find experienced players to become friends with. I typically dump my entire friends list after I get my tavern upgraded and send invites to players of various higher ages. By doing this, any GB was attainable within a couple of weeks. This is huge. By changing the system, it could take months or years for this to happen. You'd have to rely solely on guildmates.

DeletedUser33297

The reason it needs to remain as it is is so new players aren't completely shut out.

If you can invite until you reach the maximum number of friends (currently 140), then for the most part, players ranked 1-140 will be each others' friends, players ranked 141-280, and so forth. Top players will only be friends with top players. New players will have a much harder time progressing in the game, because they will be unable to find active friends in higher ages.

With the current system (max invite 80, max friends 140), newer players can find experienced players to become friends with. I typically dump my entire friends list after I get my tavern upgraded and send invites to players of various higher ages. By doing this, any GB was attainable within a couple of weeks. This is huge. By changing the system, it could take months or years for this to happen. You'd have to rely solely on guildmates.

Excellent point JC, I hadn't considered that thought process. Maybe there isnt a solution to this issue, because there isn't an issue. Just because I am unhappy, (and many others), with something, doesn't mean it has to be changed. :eek: Thanks for the input. :)

DeletedUser33297

@gutmeister How did that proposal turn out? Sorry, I don't know how to check. It certainly addresses the issue I am/was trying to address. You took the minimalist approach, which is always good when someone else is required to do the work involved to make a change. Easy fixes are more likely to be implemented.
I mentioned in my OP that I hadnt checked existing proposals, for various reason. Thanks for the link. :)

DeletedUser24719

Come on people get into the real world. Not too many top level players are looking for new players or much lower level players. Are U. Dont think so!!!

DeletedUser13736

I disagree with that sentiment @Wildelk68
While it may be true that the top players do not wish to look for new players, that has little to do with the current friend limitation. The same "top" players could just as easily invite the top 80 players and only have them as friends. We can't change who invites who to be on their friend list.
I don't think that the top players exclusively staying to each other is true.

Edit: @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings
I was having a hard time figuring that out as well lol. I just went with what I thought he was talking about and went with it.

DeletedUser33297

Come on people get into the real world. Not too many top level players are looking for new players or much lower level players. Are U. Dont think so!!!

I prolly disagree with this statement.
I think it all depends on how a player looks at the game, and what they want out of it. I know for a fact, in N world, some of the high level players reach out to a handful of new players, looking to mentor them. I am one such player lucky enough to have met one of these mentors. I was racing thru the game, as many, many people do, and was found and helped by my current guild co-founder. Now I have some focus, and understand the game much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24719

I think Jcera gave away my point by stating he/she seeks out higher level players. I rest my case

DeletedUser33297

Lol no one here has any idea. Also many posts lamenting that there's just no feedback at all on these things.
Sorry to hear that. Seems like this subject has been beaten like a dead horse. Oh well, its a good opportunity for me to see how people think and process data. Always a good thing in a forum.
I need to add that to my list of things to try and correct, along with the Mod situation....lol

I think Jcera gave away my point by stating he/she seeks out higher level players. I rest my case
Case dismissed. Thank you for your input Wildelk68.

DeletedUser24719

Gutmeister I dont know how u play but there are few newer players that would be able to meet my goods needs further by the time u reach Future or above if u dont have goods u aint getting them from those players u mention.

DeletedUser33297

Gutmeister I dont know how u play but there are few newer players that would be able to meet my goods needs further by the time u reach Future or above if u dont have goods u aint getting them from those players u mention.
Thats a valid point Wilde, but you act like there is no room for balance. All the high level players I meet, always have tons of goods from previous eras. They serve no purpose for them, so why not use them to move another player further along. 140 friends is a lot of friends, no reason why someone who isnt selfish, couldnt fit 10 lower level people in that list. But that's just me. No offense meant.

DeletedUser31440

He's talking about the higher age/era players selling goods for GB's to lower age/era players. Unless you're saying that doesn't happen?

DeletedUser31592

In a new city, yes. It is the easiest way to get BPs early on. In young cities, I want to be at the top of my neighborhood list, but the bottom of my friend list.

In an established city (like my 3 year old main city), I care about two things: 1. Active Daily 2. Burgundy Table Cloth. I honestly would rather have active new players- more likely to self level ;)

DeletedUser33297

In a new city, yes. It is the easiest way to get BPs early on. In young cities, I want to be at the top of my neighborhood list, but the bottom of my friend list.

In an established city (like my 3 year old main city), I care about two things: 1. Active Daily 2. Burgundy Table Cloth. I honestly would rather have active new players- more likely to self level ;)

I tend to judge all the friend requests I get, on how their tavern looks. Upgrading a tavern takes conscious effort, you have to want to do it. Most lousy cities I run across have few seats, and even worse amenities.

DeletedUser

When I've sent friend requests to top players in a world, I always get more acceptances than rejections. Just started a city on the newest world, and the pattern continues. Sent requests to many of the top 100 players and only 1 has rejected it, with over a dozen accepting so far.

UPDATE: So far 21 accepted, 3 declined. All top 100 players.

Last edited by a moderator: