• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

entering another era

DeletedUser31092

I know this is a beginners questions but I just want to make sure. I have to unlock a technology in the era i'm entering in order to leave my previous era behind, right.

Goth Almighty

I usually fill fp bar of all of the starting techs of the new age before actually opening the age. I feel like this lets you start with a little leg up.

To be specific, you don't buy goods for any new tech until you've filled the fp bars of all the techs in the first column of the new age? The only advantage I see is a little more time to get unattached units of the new age (in GE or quests) that you can use in the old age until you move on. Any others?

DeletedUser

To be specific, you don't buy goods for any new tech until you've filled the fp bars of all the techs in the first column of the new age? The only advantage I see is a little more time to get unattached units of the new age (in GE or quests) that you can use in the old age until you move on. Any others?
No, you can have the goods, but when you finish putting all the FP on the tech, it will ask if you want to unlock it now or later. Just answer "later". Then, when you're ready, unlock the whole first column at the same time.

DeletedUser33297

Be prepared, you cant go back. I currently have 1000 next age goods and I dont think thats enough. I have all of the next age goods unlocked on my Cmap, but I want to ensure I have enough to participate in the few GE's w/o a problem. I created what I think is a comprehensive check list ( thank you @Algona) for moving up in age. If interested, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33297

Well, you told me, and I told you to thank him, so you are my link to the intel, and I appreciated you going out of your way, when asked. Thank you.

ODragon

The only advantage I see is a little more time to get unattached units of the new age (in GE or quests) that you can use in the old age until you move on. Any others?

Depending on the age but I see 3 or 4 techs, that are all useful as soon as you enter. Start the age being able to place goods buildings (most people are further on their map than their actual age), military buildings so you can pump out new troops until you actually get unattached ones, housing/production, etc. Just opening a single tech when entering an age IMHO puts you at a disadvantage.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12889

ANY idea on what the Next AGE will be Right After Oceanic Future ???

Goth Almighty

No, you can have the goods, but when you finish putting all the FP on the tech, it will ask if you want to unlock it now or later. Just answer "later". Then, when you're ready, unlock the whole first column at the same time.

Duh. I must have been high when I asked you that, lol. Later...:cool:

I currently have 1000 next age goods and I dont think thats enough.

That's what I'm talking about.

I created what I think is a comprehensive check list ( thank you @Algona) for moving up in age. If interested, let me know.

Absolutely. :D

DeletedUser12889

i Guess that Nobody Knows :(
i Know that There isnt a Part 7 ???

DeletedUser26965

ANY idea on what the Next AGE will be Right After Oceanic Future ???
no one knows and IG never tells. No there is no OF7 coming, you can see the end tech is a new era after. Guessing it will be a space age that will probably last 1.5 years, special good mined from some other planet. You can watch beta for when it goes on there and you'll know earlier, sometimes they pick up early spoilers of pics of buildings and such but won't know for certain til it's announced. I'm thinking May/June for Beta then June/July for Live.

DeletedUser12889

i Hope that Theres a NEW Dark age in the Future'
That Would be FUN to See...

DeletedUser26965

i Hope that Theres a NEW Dark age in the Future'
That Would be FUN to See...
I guess they'll have to get more "themeatic" rather actualisticy. They've tried to maintain some realism to the progression of ages but now we've explored the ice, explored the depths of the waters, where else to go? Up my friend, way up. Or perhaps we can mine some unobtanium and go to the center of the Earth;